PDA

View Full Version : HGH Bust Includes Someone 'Well Known'

Domeshot17
09-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Kind of vague for now but this qoute has started the guessing game
The U.S. Attorney's office disagrees, saying that Specialty supplied HGH for a "well-known" athlete in Massachusetts and an "entertainer/athlete" who received a shipment was 6-foot-5, 276 pounds, according to the New York Daily News.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3028585

Now Im not sure on this, but my guess on size would be David Ortiz or Curt Schilling. But entertainer is also making me think pro wrestling, so Im going to do a little reading see who I can come up with Mass. I know Triple H is from the east coast but I think hes Conn.

ilsox7
09-20-2007, 03:12 PM
How big is Bill Belichick?

D. TODD
09-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Kind of vague for now but this qoute has started the guessing game

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3028585

Now Im not sure on this, but my guess on size would be David Ortiz or Curt Schilling. But entertainer is also making me think pro wrestling, so Im going to do a little reading see who I can come up with Mass. I know Triple H is from the east coast but I think hes Conn. I would guess football before baseball, but who knows. Maybe even a college guy, football or basketball player.

Huisj
09-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Maybe this is how Manny Ramirez grew that amazing hair!

getonbckthr
09-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Do remember Rodney Harrison is involved. So based on that and Patriots that size who has been in NE before this season I have 2 guesses Richard Seymour and Mike Vrabel.

getonbckthr
09-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Entertainer I say John Cena he was a Boston, Mass born and lives there.

spiffie
09-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Considering these things go back years, and on a story like this I suspect writers might take listed height and weight seriously, I wonder if "entertainer/athlete" Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who was listed at 6'5" and 275 lbs. might be a little worried today.

Oblong
09-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Is it really newsworthy if wrestlers get caught with HGH or steroids? If this is all they got then people are going to be disappointed. Sure, prosecute them for breaking the law but this is as big of a deal as it would be if Paris Hilton got arrested for doing coke.

spawn
09-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Considering these things go back years, and on a story like this I suspect writers might take listed height and weight seriously, I wonder if "entertainer/athlete" Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who was listed at 6'5" and 275 lbs. might be a little worried today.
Why would he be? He doesn't wrestle anymore, so what would he be worried about? I doubt Hollywood cares.

Rocky Soprano
09-20-2007, 04:25 PM

That's who I thought of right away, I loved The Rock, but I guess it would not surprise me. Especially considering how "small" he looks now compared to his wrestling days.

spiffie
09-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Why would he be? He doesn't wrestle anymore, so what would he be worried about? I doubt Hollywood cares.
Hollywood won't care, but all those nice mommies and daddies who Disney hopes will go see Dwayne's new movie might think twice.

DSpivack
09-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Hollywood won't care, but all those nice mommies and daddies who Disney hopes will go see Dwayne's new movie might think twice.

Perhaps he can get elected governor one day.

http://www.isteroids.com/images/arnold-schwarzenegger-big_muscle.jpg

"It is not a tumor!"

Jjav829
09-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Someone please tell me Tom Brady is 6-5, 276 pounds. :praying:

UserNameBlank
09-20-2007, 07:40 PM

Good call.

white sox bill
09-20-2007, 09:16 PM

http://www.isteroids.com/images/arnold-schwarzenegger-big_muscle.jpg

"It is not a tumor!"

Great pic! Man to have guns like those. Where did you get that pic of the Oak?

tm1119
09-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I think you guys are mis-reading the article. Its says a well known athlete from Mass. AND an entertainer. And a story just came out recently that Rodney Harriosn recieved a shipment of HGH in '04. So that takes care of the player from Mass., and leaves the entertainer but that could be anyone.

FedEx227
09-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Just for reference guys Triple H is 6'4, 260 lbs.

Uh-oh.

Teddy B is 6'1, John Cena is 6'1.

Vrabel though is 6'4, 261 lbs. so I'd say him and HHH are the front-runners.

But the fact that they said entertainer/athlete, I'm going to say HHH.

Foulke You
09-24-2007, 02:50 AM
Just for reference guys Triple H is 6'4, 260 lbs.

Uh-oh.

Teddy B is 6'1, John Cena is 6'1.

Vrabel though is 6'4, 261 lbs. so I'd say him and HHH are the front-runners.

But the fact that they said entertainer/athlete, I'm going to say HHH.
The only problem with the Triple H theory is that he is from Greenvich, Connecticut and not Mass.

Frontman
09-24-2007, 09:26 AM
I don't trust wrestlers height/weight/where they are from reports. The WWE listed Chris Jericho from "New York City" for his last few years when he was with the company, as well as Chris Benoit being from "Atlanta Georgia" when both were Canadians. Vince McMahon is also notorious for changing heights/weights to make a wrestler sound more impressive.

SOXPHILE
09-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Is it really newsworthy if wrestlers get caught with HGH or steroids? If this is all they got then people are going to be disappointed. Sure, prosecute them for breaking the law but this is as big of a deal as it would be if Paris Hilton got arrested for doing coke.

I agree. Wrestlers getting caught with steroids and HGH ? Whodathunkit ?!

That's why wrastlin' isn't sports, it's entertainment. I even heard something to this affect that they can't refer to themselves as a sports league, due to the obvious facts that it's all scripted and acting, and the enormous amounts of illegal drugs taken. If they were to refer to themselves as a "sports'" league, I think they fall under some sort of scrutiny and regulation.

pierzynski07
09-24-2007, 11:22 AM
In the 90's steroids hearing, the Judge ordered McMahon to make a decision: is your company "sport" or "entertainment"? Obviously, he selected entertainment.

Nellie_Fox
09-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I agree. Wrestlers getting caught with steroids and HGH ? Whodathunkit ?!

That's why wrastlin' isn't sports, it's entertainment. I even heard something to this affect that they can't refer to themselves as a sports league, due to the obvious facts that it's all scripted and acting, and the enormous amounts of illegal drugs taken. If they were to refer to themselves as a "sports'" league, I think they fall under some sort of scrutiny and regulation.They started being "sports entertainment" when states were cracking down on them, requiring them to be licensed just like boxing.

voodoochile
09-24-2007, 11:42 AM
They started being "sports entertainment" when states were cracking down on them, requiring them to be licensed just like boxing.

Right and it saves them a boatload on insurance to be labeled an exhibition instead of a sport. People don't get injured nearly as often when they are faking getting hit by a chair as when they actually are. So long as they kept up the pretext that it was real, insurance premiums were going to be through the roof.

Fenway
09-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Oh boy

An international investigation code-named Operation Raw Deal that culminated in the last four days could produce the next steroids scandal in sports and perhaps the biggest yet.

The undercover operation led by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration resulted in the seizure of massive amounts of anabolic steroids from an illegal, underground network and the ability to identify hundreds of thousands of people who received steroids and other substances used by some athletes as performance-enhancing drugs, a DEA spokesman told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=Av2kNpFSaEq7N6nYUfwTVWM5nYcB?slug=jo-steroids092407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns