PDA

View Full Version : Find out about Alex Fernandez!

kermittheefrog
04-10-2002, 05:29 PM
New Farm Report is up. :gulp:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=10&id=468

RedPinStripes
04-10-2002, 05:46 PM
Fernadez sounds like a keeper. With all the back up in teh out field, I wonder who will be traded? Lee or Rowand? Rowand might make a nice bench player, so I'm thinking Lee if Alex keeps this up.

From what I hear, Colorado has made several attempts at Rowand in teh past few years. He could easily be traded too.

Who knows? If this guy is a 5 tool player and is very fast, they have to make room for him next year or in 2004.

OfficerKarkovice
04-10-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
New Farm Report is up. :gulp:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=10&id=468

Great job once again Kermit...and by the way...we have to guys named Carlos Lee? weird

OfficerKarkovice
04-10-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Fernadez sounds like a keeper. With all the back up in teh out field, I wonder who will be traded? Lee or Rowand? Rowand might make a nice bench player, so I'm thinking Lee if Alex keeps this up.

From what I hear, Colorado has made several attempts at Rowand in teh past few years. He could easily be traded too.

Who knows? If this guy is a 5 tool player and is very fast, they have to make room for him next year or in 2004.

:LTP
Hey dont forget about me

Iguana775
04-10-2002, 05:57 PM

i agree, i think lee is the odd man out. i doubt he would want to be a bench player. i wouldnt mind having borchard and maggs on the corners and wee willie/fernandez(if he can develope like he seems to be) for a future OF....that is assuming wee willie or AF can become our CF of the future. willie might end up being our 2Ber after ray ray, though.

Iguana775
04-10-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

Great job once again Kermit...and by the way...we have to guys named Carlos Lee? weird

yea, great job, K!! :gulp:

RedPinStripes
04-10-2002, 05:59 PM

:LTP
Hey dont forget about me

Ordonez, Borchard. Fernandez would be a nice combo.

RedPinStripes
04-10-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775

i agree, i think lee is the odd man out. i doubt he would want to be a bench player. i wouldnt mind having borchard and maggs on the corners and wee willie/fernandez(if he can develope like he seems to be) for a future OF....that is assuming wee willie or AF can become our CF of the future. willie might end up being our 2Ber after ray ray, though.

With harris getting all the love for 2b, where does this leave Hummel? :?:

Iguana775
04-10-2002, 06:03 PM

With harris getting all the love for 2b, where does this leave Hummel? :?:

good question......SS maybe?? not sure if he is capable. hell, maybe 1st if something happens to paulie. not sure if he has the power numbers but it is a thought.

RedPinStripes
04-10-2002, 06:05 PM
He might be the odd man out since he's a defensive liability.

HawkDJ
04-10-2002, 07:03 PM
How is Mario Valenzuela doing? He was great in ST and in the minors last year. Sox certainly have alot of outfield prospects. An outfield with Borchard, Maggs and either Fernandez or Valenzuela or even Harris would be great one day.

doublem23
04-10-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
How is Mario Valenzuela doing? He was great in ST and in the minors last year. Sox certainly have alot of outfield prospects. An outfield with Borchard, Maggs and either Fernandez or Valenzuela or even Harris would be great one day.

Ehhh.. I don't think anyone believes Harris will be that great of an OFer... Ask daver, he knows better than me.... :smile:

kermittheefrog
04-10-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

Mario hasn't come to the plate a single time this season, he's on the DL.

MarqSox
04-10-2002, 09:28 PM

Weirder still is the fact that Carlos Lee and Carlos Lee are brothers. Who would do that to their kids??

Cheryl
04-10-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Weirder still is the fact that Carlos Lee and Carlos Lee are brothers. Who would do that to their kids??

George Foreman. All of his sons are named George.

http://www.biggeorge.com/familyman/familyman.htm

OfficerKarkovice
04-10-2002, 10:54 PM

Weirder still is the fact that Carlos Lee and Carlos Lee are brothers.

I had no idea...that is strange.

kermittheefrog
04-10-2002, 11:18 PM

I probably should have mentioned that. My bad.

OfficerKarkovice
04-11-2002, 12:19 AM

I probably should have mentioned that. My bad.

So whats the scoop on El Caballo Menor?

kermittheefrog
04-11-2002, 12:31 AM

So whats the scoop on El Caballo Menor?

I actually don't know much about him other than he's El Caballo's brother and he didn't hit last year in rookie ball. Stay tuned to the WSI Farm Report for more info about him, I'm looking into it.

doublem23
04-11-2002, 12:34 AM
So, how many sets of brothers do we have in the organization now? Ray and Chad Durham.. Carlos and Carlos Lee... Joe Crede and his brother...

Jeez...

kermittheefrog
04-11-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
So, how many sets of brothers do we have in the organization now? Ray and Chad Durham.. Carlos and Carlos Lee... Joe Crede and his brother...

Jeez...

Joe Crede's brother Josh didn't sign with us. He was jsut drafted to boost his standing a bit with college recruiters.

doublem23
04-11-2002, 12:56 AM

Joe Crede's brother Josh didn't sign with us. He was jsut drafted to boost his standing a bit with college recruiters.

All right... that's what I thought happened.. But I wasn't sure.