PDA

View Full Version : Free Agents ???

misty60481
09-20-2007, 06:18 AM
I admit I m not a NL fan, but looking thru stats from some of there teams they seem to have some good hitting outfielders. I was looking at the Reds they have an outfielder named J. Hamilton who seems to have good power plus good BA. According to there message boards they are really hurting for relief arms, is there anyway we can trade some of our minor league RPs for some outfielders ? They are not hurting for hitters, do any of you know how good Hamilton is, is it worth a try ? We really need help in CF and it looks like the only way to improve is thru a trade unless we want to pay a boatload for Hunter or Rowand.

wassagstdu
09-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Jayson Werth, if the Phillies re-sign Rowand. Though he is part of the reason they probably won't.

eriqjaffe
09-20-2007, 08:35 AM
I admit I m not a NL fan, but looking thru stats from some of there teams they seem to have some good hitting outfielders. I was looking at the Reds they have an outfielder named J. Hamilton who seems to have good power plus good BA. According to there message boards they are really hurting for relief arms, is there anyway we can trade some of our minor league RPs for some outfielders ? They are not hurting for hitters, do any of you know how good Hamilton is, is it worth a try ? We really need help in CF and it looks like the only way to improve is thru a trade unless we want to pay a boatload for Hunter or Rowand.Josh Hamilton is done for the year, BTW:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/14/josh-hamilton-is-done-for-the-year/

He's actually a pretty good story - #1 overall pick by the Rays in 1999, got hooked on drugs (and not the peformance-enhancing kind, mind you), was under indefinite suspension by MLB, and claims to have attempted suicide on three occasions. He was picked up by the Cubs(!) in the Rule 5 draft last year, but he was then sent to the Reds for cash. Before this year, he had only played 23 games above A-ball. Hoepfully, the hamstring injury won't turn into anything worse for the guy.

That being said, I don't think we need any more injury-prone corner outfielders around here, although I'd be far more willing to see the Sox take a chance on Hamilton than I would on Podsednik or Erstad. Don't see it happening, though.

misty60481
09-20-2007, 08:45 AM
I didnt know he had all those problems. I just was trying to think of a way to strengthen the Sox without overpaying for free agents.