PDA

View Full Version : Cubs night games

Railsplitter
09-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Is it me or are home night games the rule rather than the exception for the Cubs? I thought there was a legal resreiction on the number of night games, or has that been changed?

Viva Medias B's
09-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Is it me or are home night games the rule rather than the exception for the Cubs? I thought there was a legal resreiction on the number of night games, or has that been changed?

It used to be 18 per year after the lights were first installed in 1988. However, starting with this season, I think they are now allow to have as many as 30 IIRC.

Brian26
09-19-2007, 08:29 PM

It's not you. It seems every single Monday and Tuesday home game is a scheduled night game, and a lot of Wednesdays are too.

Brian26
09-19-2007, 08:32 PM
2007 Cubs Night Games *

April 16, 23, 24
May 8, 9, 29, 30
June 12, 13, 25, 26
July 5 and 6 (concerts), 16, 17, 30, 31
August 1, 14, 15, 28, 29, 30 (TBD Aug. 5, 19)
September 4, 5, 17, 18, 19

Counting the concerts and assuming the TBD's turn out as night games (worst case scenario), it's 30 exactly.

TDog
09-19-2007, 08:45 PM
The Cubs successfully argued that they had to be allowed more night games because the day games were not drawing enough fans to make the team financially viable.

Or something like that.

It wasn't so much an idiotic argument. It was idiotic of people to guy the argument.

goon
09-19-2007, 09:01 PM
The night games definitely seem to come in bulks, for instance, all of the games in their current series with the Reds have been at night. Living in Lakeview about 5 blocks away from Wrigley, if I find a parking spot on my street, I won't move my car after 5 o'clock during night games. It sucks, stupid Wrigley Field with no parking lots...

kjhanson
09-20-2007, 11:43 AM
The night games definitely seem to come in bulks, for instance, all of the games in their current series with the Reds have been at night. Living in Lakeview about 5 blocks away from Wrigley, if I find a parking spot on my street, I won't move my car after 5 o'clock during night games. It sucks, stupid Wrigley Field with no parking lots...

I'm with you on that one. I lived 4 blocks North of the stadium for two months, and that was plenty. I would say about 50% of my decision to move was based on the ridiculousness that went on before, during and after night games. At least you can take solace in the fact that it will only persist for 10 more days...!

skottyj242
09-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I went shopping in the Jewel on Broadway last night and we walked in and the Cubs game was playing over the loud speakers. I wasn't happy but I'm glad I went now because I just enjoyed some delicious carrots I purchased and am looking forward to my banana.

itsnotrequired
09-20-2007, 01:10 PM
I went shopping in the Jewel on Broadway last night and we walked in and the Cubs game was playing over the loud speakers. I wasn't happy but I'm glad I went now because I just enjoyed some delicious carrots I purchased and am looking forward to my banana.

Let the bears pay the bear tax!

skottyj242
09-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Let the bears pay the bear tax!

We're talking about the Cubs not the Bears. The Milwaukee Bucks aren't going to be good this year.