PDA

View Full Version : I display my general manager acumen

RCWHITESOX
09-19-2007, 03:43 PM
User:

At this point in time I'd be very satisfied with 85 wins. It looks a hell of a lot better then 75.

Lip

75 wins. Again were being way to optimistic. Maybe 70 if were lucky. Here's my fix. Trade Garland, Danks, and Owens to San Diego for Greene and Peavy. Next sign Hunter. Next trade Konerko to the Angels for Kotchman and Sheilds. Unload Contreras and use the $ to improve the bullpen. Trade with Colorado and get K Matsui to leadoff. Lineup 2B Matsui LF Fields CF Hunter DH Thome RF Dye 3B Crede SS Greene C AJ IB Kotchman SP Peavy, Buehrle, Vasquez, Floyd, And either one of our farm guys or trade or free agent and wallah fixed.

ilsox7
09-19-2007, 03:45 PM
75 wins. Again were being way to optimistic. Maybe 70 if were lucky. Here's my fix. Trade Garland, Danks, and Owens to San Diego for Greene and Peavy. Next sign Hunter. Next trade Konerko to the Angels for Kotchman and Sheilds. Unload Contreras and use the $ to improve the bullpen. Trade with Colorado and get K Matsui to leadoff. Lineup 2B Matsui LF Fields CF Hunter DH Thome RF Dye 3B Crede SS Greene C AJ IB Kotchman SP Peavy, Buehrle, Vasquez, Floyd, And either one of our farm guys or trade or free agent and wallah fixed.

:rolling:

chisoxmike
09-19-2007, 03:49 PM

:KW
"May I subscribe to your newsletter?

WizardsofOzzie
09-19-2007, 04:04 PM
:rolling:

Why is that funny? It works on XBox! :rolleyes:

DumpJerry
09-19-2007, 04:19 PM
See...that's what I've been saying all along. The answer to fixing this season is real simple. That's all there is to it. I see no reason whatsoever why the other teams involved won't jump at cooperating with this plan.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Why is that funny? It works on XBox! :rolleyes:

So does a fake punt on a field goal attempt on Madden. What's your point? :cool:

DumpJerry
09-19-2007, 04:22 PM
By the way RC, your ideas are wonderful, but I would not quit my day job just yet.

WizardsofOzzie
09-19-2007, 04:27 PM
So does a fake punt on a field goal attempt on Madden. What's your point? :cool:
Will it let you trade Grossman, Muhammad, and Benson for LT and Gates? :smile:

WizardsofOzzie
09-19-2007, 04:28 PM
By the way RC, your ideas are wonderful, but I would not quit my day job just yet.
Agreed. You have good ideas but there isn't a chance in hell the other teams will go for some of those deals. Sure it's easy to say "Sign Hunter" but it's a lot harder to accomplish it.

DSpivack
09-19-2007, 04:51 PM

How about Grossman, Podsednik, and Joakim Noah for Jason Campbell, Miguel Tejada, and Gilbert Arenas?

Hokiesox
09-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Have the crazy offseason overhaul threads started already?

Taking one part seriously...who to unload Contreras on? Nobody's going to take him.

DumpJerry
09-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Have the crazy offseason overhaul threads started already?
They started before the All Star Break.

jdm2662
09-19-2007, 05:34 PM

Sure, then I will create myself to be the QB. Problem solved. Super Bowl, here we come!!!! :D:

Zisk77
09-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Just unload Contreras....yeah no sweat clubs will be just lining up to take his salary.

If we traded Konerko we wouldn't need a 1b in return (Kotchman). Fields would just go there or Dye even. No way would I trade Paulie for shields and Casey. Figgins, Shields, santanna, and a prospect for Paulie and Jon might be too good to pass up though.

FedEx227
09-19-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't even think a video game would accept most of these trades.

D. TODD
09-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Life would be much easier as a GM if you could rob every other team in trades as many fans think is possible. Most fan scenarios involving trades are not realistic at all, this attempt included.

skottyj242
09-20-2007, 11:29 AM
I say we get it done.

RCWHITESOX
09-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Just unload Contreras....yeah no sweat clubs will be just lining up to take his salary.

If we traded Konerko we wouldn't need a 1b in return (Kotchman). Fields would just go there or Dye even. No way would I trade Paulie for shields and Casey. Figgins, Shields, santanna, and a prospect for Paulie and Jon might be too good to pass up though.

Now who's dreaming?

RCWHITESOX
09-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Life would be much easier as a GM if you could rob every other team in trades as many fans think is possible. Most fan scenarios involving trades are not realistic at all, this attempt included.

Now that everyone has had a chance to voice their opinions let me explain my thoughts. First San Diego has allready said they have little chance of signing Peavy and Peavy has said pretty much the same. It's no secret that the Sox have been after Greene. So the Sox give up Garland, Danks , and Owens. The Padres save $ get 2 starters and a CF since Cameron will be a free agent at year end. As for Konerko the Angels need a power hitter to back up Guerrero and the Sox get a young upcoming 1B and a excellent set up guy. As for Contreras we probably wont be able to move him but that might have a silver lining if he continuous to pitch the way he has of late. Also I would much rather have Kotchman at 1B than Fields because he is a natural first baseman and leave Fields in LF for 1 year because I'm sure they will have little chance of resigning Crede.

DumpJerry
09-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Now that everyone has had a chance to voice their opinions let me explain my thoughts. First San Diego has allready said they have little chance of signing Peavy and Peavy has said pretty much the same. It's no secret that the Sox have been after Greene. So the Sox give up Garland, Danks , and Owens. The Padres save $ get 2 starters and a CF since Cameron will be a free agent at year end. As for Konerko the Angels need a power hitter to back up Guerrero and the Sox get a young upcoming 1B and a excellent set up guy. As for Contreras we probably wont be able to move him but that might have a silver lining if he continuous to pitch the way he has of late. Also I would much rather have Kotchman at 1B than Fields because he is a natural first baseman and leave Fields in LF for 1 year because I'm sure they will have little chance of resigning Crede.
Anybody know how Casey Rogowski is doing this year?

Daver
09-20-2007, 06:28 PM

He still has no power.

SBSoxFan
09-21-2007, 10:39 AM

Is he still even young anymore?

D. TODD
09-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Now that everyone has had a chance to voice their opinions let me explain my thoughts. First San Diego has allready said they have little chance of signing Peavy and Peavy has said pretty much the same. It's no secret that the Sox have been after Greene. So the Sox give up Garland, Danks , and Owens. The Padres save $ get 2 starters and a CF since Cameron will be a free agent at year end. As for Konerko the Angels need a power hitter to back up Guerrero and the Sox get a young upcoming 1B and a excellent set up guy. As for Contreras we probably wont be able to move him but that might have a silver lining if he continuous to pitch the way he has of late. Also I would much rather have Kotchman at 1B than Fields because he is a natural first baseman and leave Fields in LF for 1 year because I'm sure they will have little chance of resigning Crede. Fair enough, but I still see that as being very far fetched. Peavy is arguably the best in the game right now. There is NO way a unproven Danks, very unproven limited Owens, and a middle of the road free agent to be in Garland would come close to interesting San Diego for Peavy, let alone with Greens thrown in. No chance, no way, no how! Konerko may be on the move and the Angels/Dodgers seem like logical suitors we'll see. Contreras, who knows, maybe if we eat some contract we can get something helpful in return.

skottyj242
09-21-2007, 02:35 PM
I think we can get this done and the Padres should throw in Chris Young, we'll throw in Mark Salas, I hear the Padres are looking for a bullpen catcher.
Fair enough, but I still see that as being very far fetched. Peavy is arguably the best in the game right now. There is NO way a unproven Danks, very unproven limited Owens, and a middle of the road free agent to be in Garland would come close to interesting San Diego for Peavy, let alone with Greens thrown in. No chance, no way, no how! Konerko may be on the move and the Angels/Dodgers seem like logical suitors we'll see. Contreras, who knows, maybe if we eat some contract we can get something helpful in return.

A. Cavatica
09-21-2007, 11:04 PM
I think we can get this done and the Padres should throw in Chris Young, we'll throw in Mark Salas, I hear the Padres are looking for a bullpen catcher.

I think we should expand the deal: Andy Gonzalez for Blum.

russ99
09-23-2007, 05:23 PM
He's actually not that far off.

Except, the Padres probably won't be dealing Peavy (and if they do - it will be for primo prospects, which we don't have) and the Angels would only deal prospects and a reliever (maybe Kenny could fleece Aybar or Wood to play SS) for what would be a salary dump of Konerko.

Contreras being dealt is much more possible due to his resurgence and the paper-thin free agent pitching market. Hunter won't come cheap, but everything I hear says the Sox are definitely in the running.

I actually hope Kenny is going to be this aggressive in the offseason...

UserNameBlank
09-24-2007, 02:18 PM
He's actually not that far off.

Except, the Padres probably won't be dealing Peavy (and if they do - it will be for primo prospects, which we don't have) and the Angels would only deal prospects and a reliever (maybe Kenny could fleece Aybar or Wood to play SS) for what would be a salary dump of Konerko.

Contreras being dealt is much more possible due to his resurgence and the paper-thin free agent pitching market. Hunter won't come cheap, but everything I hear says the Sox are definitely in the running.

I actually hope Kenny is going to be this aggressive in the offseason...
You don't mention Aybar in the same breath as Wood. They aren't even anywhere near the same kind of prospect.

Aybar's minor league & MLB stats: (http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/A/Erick-Aybar.shtml)

Wood's minor league stats: (http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/W/Brandon-Wood-1.shtml)

Trading PK for Brandon Wood straight up would be a fair trade IMO considering the value of both players, but the Angels would never do that. That's why every offseason the Angels always talk about adding a big bat but never get anything done.

Aybar for PK would be such an incredible ripoff for the Angels that not only would Kenny get fired, but the Sox organization would probably ban the entire Williams family tree from the ballpark for life. Our GM isn't that dumb. If you trade one of the faces of the franchise for a minor legaue player, you had better get a stud back and he had better be MLB ready.