PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Playoff Tickets!!!

MCHSoxFan
09-19-2007, 12:38 PM
In the paper today (Sun-Times), they said NLDS Cub home games would be avalible on Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 9 AM.

Man, will they be giving out a ton of refunds!!! :D:

FedEx227
09-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Evvvverrrryboooody loves the Cubs.

Dude it's going to feel so great to finally have playoff baseball in Chicago. It's been too long.

Goose
09-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Unfortunately, I think that Cubs are going to hang on...MIL looks flat. They should have run away with this already, but...

Let's hope for a one-and-done.

Cat Thief
09-19-2007, 12:46 PM

Dude it's going to feel so great to finally have playoff baseball in Chicago. It's been too long.

I fixed it for you.

ZombieRob
09-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Ugh i need to vent.Everyday watching these lucky *******s squeek by,fans acting like they are perranial winners .the comcast morning news with a gleaming Gail Fischer thinking her beloved just won the pennant.Thome hits his 500th ,and yet they lead with the Cubs.Please Brewers hold on :rolleyes:

ZombieRob
09-19-2007, 12:47 PM

Makes me want to vomit .Becuse that sentiment is everywhere i go.

diehardRLsoxfan
09-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Unfortunately I think that that flubs are gonna hold on. But judging by their "aces" performance last night, they won' make it far in the playoffs.

WizardsofOzzie
09-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Something tells me if the Cubs don't make the playoffs, the Cubbie faithful will revolt and burn their tickets in a mass protest. I think being the first team to go a century without a title will push them over the edge

DumpJerry
09-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Sweet Lou the Baseball Genius is pitching his guys on three day's rest (Zambozo yesterday, Lilly today). The only baseball playoffs in Chicago this year will be on television sets in bars and homes.

chisoxmike
09-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Think about it, if the Cubs make it, (and I think they will) it wouldn't be a bad turn around on profit if you buy the tickets...:smile::D:

ZombieRob
09-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Sweet Lou the Baseball Genius is pitching his guys on three day's rest (Zambozo yesterday, Lilly today). The only baseball playoffs in Chicago this year will be on television sets in bars and homes.
I pray your right.Save us have to listening to all the suck ups saying what a great team the Cubs are and what a genius Lou is.

SBSoxFan
09-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Unfortunately, I think that Cubs are going to hang on...MIL looks flat. They should have run away with this already, but...

:?: Milwaukee's won 4 in a row, and is 11-5 in September. In what way are they flat?

WizardsofOzzie
09-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Think about it, if the Cubs make it, (and I think they will) it wouldn't be a bad turn around on profit if you buy the tickets...:smile::D:
Interesting thought :D:

spiffie
09-19-2007, 01:01 PM
That is a terrible idea and no one should think about doing it.

Except me of course :wink:

jenn2080
09-19-2007, 01:14 PM

Already one step ahead of you. :D:

CHISOXFAN13
09-19-2007, 01:26 PM

Flat? The Brewers, who have struggled on the road, have blasted the Astros in MMP two consecutive nights. How exactly does that make them "flat?"

skottyj242
09-19-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm going to try and get them and turn around and make a buck.

Fenway
09-19-2007, 01:44 PM
The McDonald's at Clark and Addison will have more unused tickets to put in a picture frame

chisoxmike
09-19-2007, 01:47 PM
The McDonald's at Clark and Addison will have more unused tickets to put in a picture frame

:rolling:

Hopefully, that will be the case.

soxfan80
09-19-2007, 01:50 PM
practically EVERY playoff contending team offered a lottery for playoff tickets. NOT the cubs.
what purpose does forcing the virtual waiting room on your "fans" serve, when it's easier and more profitable to do a lottery( advertising on the lottery emails, even for the losers, as well as reduced bandwidth being used on mlb.com's servers).

ilsox7
09-19-2007, 01:55 PM
practically EVERY playoff contending team offered a lottery for playoff tickets. NOT the cubs.
what purpose does forcing the virtual waiting room on your "fans" serve, when it's easier and more profitable to do a lottery( advertising on the lottery emails, even for the losers, as well as reduced bandwidth being used on mlb.com's servers).

Didn't the Sox do a virtual waiting room? I remember trying to get on Ticketmaster.com in 2005 with no luck.

voodoochile
09-19-2007, 01:58 PM

Man is that hilarious and so indicitive of the mentality of the fanbase in general.

Close to the playoffs or close to advancing in the playoffs is worthy of enshrinement. It's seriously delusional. I know Parkinson's patients with dementia who can think more clearly than those caught inside the flubbie vortex of denial. Flubbie fans - taking the art of celebrating losing to new levels as the years go by...

WhiteSox5187
09-19-2007, 02:18 PM
:?: Milwaukee's won 4 in a row, and is 11-5 in September. In what way are they flat?
The Brewers have been playing remarkably better of late...sadly they have a much tougher schedule than the Cubs though, so while if the Cubs can manage to squeak away with a few more lucky wins against teams like Houston or Cincy, they can really put a world of hurt on the Brewers...I'm hoping the Brewers can pull this off though. They're a fun team to watch.

Fenway
09-19-2007, 02:19 PM

Boston does the lottery and all it does is still get you into the Virtual Waiting Room :angry:

I have nightmares about that place

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/BDD_VWR_12.9.06.jpg

oeo
09-19-2007, 02:37 PM

I think you've got them mixed up. Milwaukee is playing great baseball lately, the Flubs are not. They beat up on the Cards this past weekend like they usually do, other than that, they have not looked good at all. Their 'great' comeback on Monday consisted of jam shots and a grounder.

ilsox7
09-19-2007, 02:43 PM
I think you've got them mixed up. Milwaukee is playing great baseball lately, the Flubs are not. They beat up on the Cards this past weekend like they usually do, other than that, they have not looked good at all. Their 'great' comeback on Monday consisted of jam shots and a grounder.

The triple into right-center that scored the tying run and set-up the winning run was not exactly a jam shot or a grounder.

WhiteSox5187
09-19-2007, 02:44 PM
The triple into right-center that scored the tying run and set-up the winning run was not exactly a jam shot or a grounder.
It was a misplayed ball by Cincy's CFer...the Cubs have been getting very lucky with their wins of late, but sometimes, that's all it takes.

It's Time
09-19-2007, 02:47 PM
It was a misplayed ball by Cincy's CFer...the Cubs have been getting very lucky with their wins of late, but sometimes, that's all it takes.

I saw that replay, it was hardly misplayed. Hopper was in an all out dive for a ball lined into the gap, not sure what you saw there other then a great attempt to catch a liner in the gap.

Foulke You
I'm going to try and get them and turn around and make a buck.
Y'know, I thought about doing this because I know for a fact Cub fans tried to do the same thing with our playoff tickets. However, as soon as I found out that tickets went on sale at 9AM on a Sunday, I decided to bow out. There is no way in heck I'm getting up that early on a Sunday.:cool:

ilsox7

They are putting guys on base, making contact, and getting the job done. It's baseball. It's going to go right down to the end between them and the Brewers, but the blinders that some folks wear around here when the Cubs are involved is comical.

I happen to remember a certain misplayed ball hit to a certain Indians CF in 2005 that helped the Sox out a bit. All teams need break to go their way to win championships. I am sure I could scour the Brewers' games and find plenty of breaks they have gotten, too.

DumpJerry
09-19-2007, 02:48 PM
The Brewers have been playing remarkably better of late...sadly they have a much tougher schedule than the Cubs though, so while if the Cubs can manage to squeak away with a few more lucky wins against teams like Houston or Cincy, they can really put a world of hurt on the Brewers...I'm hoping the Brewers can pull this off though. They're a fun team to watch.
In 2004, the Cubs went into the last week of the season with a total lock on the WC. They only had to play the Reds and Mets, two really, really bad teams in that last week. Latroy Hawkins saw to it with the 3 run homer in the bottom of the 9th at the start of the week that the Cubs would not return to the postseason.

Foulke You
09-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Didn't the Sox do a virtual waiting room? I remember trying to get on Ticketmaster.com in 2005 with no luck.
Nope. Tickets.com uses the virtual waiting room not Ticketmaster. In 2005 we all had the pleasure of staring at the "Searching For Tickets" status bar that never moved on Ticketmaster.

The White Sox did use Tickets.com for one season back in '01 or '02 and then switched back to Ticketmaster.

The Immigrant
09-19-2007, 02:50 PM
On paper, the Cubs have an easier schedule the rest of the way, as Cincy, Pittsburgh and Florida all have losing records. However, the Cubs are something like 11-18 against those teams this season and will finish the season with 6 straight games on the road while Milwaukee has 7 at home, where they have been virtually unbeatable of late (and will miss Peavy next weekend). If the Cubs are less than 2 games ahead of the Brew Crew at the start of next week, I like Milwaukee's chances.

It's Dankerific
09-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Anyone thought that in the event there is a playoff game up north, that it would be awfully funny to buy the tickets available and have them sit empty. let them talk about the empty seats at a PLAYOFF game.

jenn2080
09-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Y'know, I thought about doing this because I know for a fact Cub fans tried to do the same thing with our playoff tickets. However, as soon as I found out that tickets went on sale at 9AM on a Sunday, I decided to bow out. There is no way in heck I'm getting up that early on a Sunday.:cool:

9 am early??!?!? :o::D: If I sleep till 9 I consider that sleeping in. I am totally going to be attempting buy the tickets. Going to use my laptop and desktop to try. If I get them I am going to SELL SELL SELL!

jenn2080
09-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Anyone thought that in the event there is a playoff game up north, that it would be awfully funny to buy the tickets available and have them sit empty. let them talk about the empty seats at a PLAYOFF game.

No way!!!!!!!!!! I am not eating cash out of spite. I am selling them and making a profit. Screw that noise. I am then going to use my profits and put it towards my season tickets for 08

spiffie
09-19-2007, 02:59 PM
I'd much rather they talk about how much evil scalpers were selling tickets for while I count my cash. There is little better revenge than soaking Cubs fans.

CubKilla
09-19-2007, 03:10 PM
I saw that replay, it was hardly misplayed. Hopper was in an all out dive for a ball lined into the gap, not sure what you saw there other then a great attempt to catch a liner in the gap.

Hopper actually DID misplay the ball. Watch the replay again. The ball goes over his left wrist mid-dive. Everybody employed by Comcast during the evening round up show's said as much. If Hopper comes up w/the catch, Theriot to 3rd and 1 out.

oeo
09-19-2007, 03:12 PM

It wasn't exactly hit hard, either. It was hit in the right spot, and actually should have been caught (maybe without even a dive...he went too far), and nothing probably would have happened in the inning.

kittle42
09-19-2007, 03:12 PM
9 am early??!?!? :o::D: If I sleep till 9 I consider that sleeping in. I am totally going to be attempting buy the tickets. Going to use my laptop and desktop to try. If I get them I am going to SELL SELL SELL!

I wish I was more like that. I sleep til 9 on weekdays often, and that's when I'm supposed to be at work by 830 or 900.

On Sundays, I try to get up before the noon kickoffs. Last week, I missed the first half.

ilsox7
09-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Nope. Tickets.com uses the virtual waiting room not Ticketmaster. In 2005 we all had the pleasure of staring at the "Searching For Tickets" status bar that never moved on Ticketmaster.

Same difference as far as I am concerned. The point is I had to sit on my computer and continually hit refresh and still did not get any tickets.

ilsox7
09-19-2007, 03:14 PM
It wasn't exactly hit hard, either. It was hit in the right spot, and actually should have been caught (maybe without even a dive...he went too far), and nothing probably would have happened in the inning.

Now go back over the last 20 Brewers games and find any hit that wasn't hit hard and not in the right place. The point is, EVERY team scores runs on balls that aren't smoked or that find a hole. Yet, people around here only talk about it when it happens for the Cubs or against the Sox. The blinders are amazing.

oeo
09-19-2007, 03:16 PM
They are putting guys on base, making contact, and getting the job done. It's baseball.

No, they're really not. Their offense has been overall pretty anemic. Just because they had one lucky inning, doesn't mean they're 'getting the job done.'

chisoxmike
09-19-2007, 03:17 PM
I wish I was more like that. I sleep til 9 on weekdays often, and that's when I'm supposed to be at work by 830 or 900.

On Sundays, I try to get up before the noon kickoffs. Last week, I missed the first half.

:bandance:

ilsox7
09-19-2007, 03:18 PM
No, they're really not. Their offense has been overall pretty anemic. Just because they had one lucky inning, doesn't mean they're 'getting the job done.'

They won the game. They got the job done. It's funny that when people in 2005 said the Sox had an anemic offense and got lucky winning plenty of games, everyone here was in an uproar. Yet, now that the Cubs are winning some games late, games that they seemingly were out of, the same folks around here are calling them lucky. So which is it, were the 2005 White Sox lucky as the 2007 Cubs have been, or is it just how the game works?

chisoxmike
09-19-2007, 03:22 PM
They won the game. They got the job done. It's funny that when people in 2005 said the Sox had an anemic offense and got lucky winning plenty of games, everyone here was in an uproar. Yet, now that the Cubs are winning some games late, games that they seemingly were out of, the same folks around here are calling them lucky. So which is it, were the 2005 White Sox lucky as the 2007 Cubs have been, or is it just how the game works?

Some people don't hide the fact that they hate the Cubs. While I do hate the Cubs, they are pulling out games every way they can, much like the Sox did in 2005.

The Sox were the best team in 2005, when you're the best, you find ways to win. I'm not saying the Cubs are a great team or anything, because they're not. But they're a good team. And good teams win games in any way possible.

ilsox7
09-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Some people don't hide the fact that they hate the Cubs. While I do hate the Cubs, they are pulling out games every way they can, much like the Sox did in 2005.

The Sox were the best team in 2005, when you're the best, you find ways to win. I'm not saying the Cubs are a great team or anything, because they're not. But they're a good team. And good teams win games in any way possible.

This is pretty much what I am saying. I don't give a rat's ass if people hate the Cubs. I do not particularly like them, but the blinders folks put on when watching/discussing them around here is comical. It's like no other team has ever caught a break to win a game or won a game with a seeing eye single. Apparently that only happens to the Cubs and the wins should count as less b/c it's the Cubs.

jenn2080
09-19-2007, 03:31 PM

I just automatically get up. I do not know what it is. I sometimes will go back to bed, but most of the time I am up no later than 8am.

kittle42
09-19-2007, 03:33 PM
This is pretty much what I am saying. I don't give a rat's ass if people hate the Cubs. I do not particularly like them, but the blinders folks put on when watching/discussing them around here is comical. It's like no other team has ever caught a break to win a game or won a game with a seeing eye single. Apparently that only happens to the Cubs and the wins should count as less b/c it's the Cubs.

And they'll keep defending themselves because they don't want to or can't bring themselves to admit that what they do is silly.

DumpJerry
09-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Umm...no. They will just assume the person is in line for three innings to hit The Head.

WizardsofOzzie
09-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Yes we had our share of luck but you're comparing apples and oranges here. 2005 Sox had 99 wins in a division where the 2nd and 3rd place teams had a combined .543 winning %, the best combined winning % in the league for a 2nd and 3rd place combo. The 2007 Cubs currently have 79 wins in a division where the 2nd and 3rd place teams have a combined .493 winning %. I'm too lazy to do the math for this season but in 2005 the worst combined win % for a 2nd and 3rd place team was .469% I guess what all those numbers mean is that the Cubs and the Sox both have had their luck, but the Sox still had to fight to get there while the Cubs have taken the lazy river there.

ilsox7
09-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Yes we had our share of luck but you're comparing apples and oranges here. 2005 Sox had 99 wins in a division where the 2nd and 3rd place teams had a combined .543 winning %, the best combined winning % in the league for a 2nd and 3rd place combo. The 2007 Cubs currently have 79 wins in a division where the 2nd and 3rd place teams have a combined .493 winning %. I'm too lazy to do the math for this season but in 2005 the worst combined win % for a 2nd and 3rd place team was .469% I guess what all those numbers mean is that the Cubs and the Sox both have had their luck, but the Sox still had to fight to get there while the Cubs have taken the lazy river there.

Except I am not comparing the overall 2005 White Sox season to the 2007 Cubs season. I was simply using the 2005 White Sox as an example of a winning team that caught some good breaks. I could pick any winning team and show you the good breaks they had. I could pick the 2007 Brewers and run through a bunch of good breaks I am sure they have received. The bottom line is that for any team to win a championship, they have to catch good breaks. Whether that be timely errors, seeing eye singles, or anything else, to pretend that these good breaks only happen to the Cubs is ridiculous. But that is exactly what many around here do.

eriqjaffe
09-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Except I am not comparing the overall 2005 White Sox season to the 2007 Cubs season. I was simply using the 2005 White Sox as an example of a winning team that caught some good breaks. I could pick any winning team and show you the good breaks they had. I could pick the 2007 Brewers and run through a bunch of good breaks I am sure they have received. The bottom line is that for any team to win a championship, they have to catch good breaks. Whether that be timely errors, seeing eye singles, or anything else, to pretend that these good breaks only happen to the Cubs is ridiculous. But that is exactly what many around here do.I think that has more to do with the fact that the number of breaks the Sox have caught this year can be counted on one hand.

MCHSoxFan
09-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Ugh i need to vent.Everyday watching these lucky *******s squeek by,fans acting like they are perranial winners .the comcast morning news with a gleaming Gail Fischer thinking her beloved just won the pennant.Thome hits his 500th ,and yet they lead with the Cubs.Please Brewers hold on :rolleyes:

Thank you. I just hate CSN SportsRise when the Cubs win (And when the Sox lose). GO BREWERS!!! I actually like that team. I did not have cable before May of 2006, so 2005 on CSN must have be great. Also, I think, 99 games for the Sox in 2005 were on CSN. I always missed them on TV. Even pre-2005 when FSN had them. Sorry to go on like this. :D:

StillMissOzzie
09-19-2007, 07:30 PM
So, let me pose a hypothetical question. Suppose one of us Sox fans gets lucky enough to score Cubs playoff tickets for a profit motive. Suppose those tickets are then sold for a handsome gain. Then, suppose that the Cubs fail to make the playoffs. Do you:

1) Refund the purchase price to the Cub fan buyer?
2) Refund the face value of said tickets?
3) Tell them, "I don't care what you do with YOUR tickets"
4) Other

SMO
:?:

It's Dankerific
09-19-2007, 07:34 PM
If you use stubhub, they force you to refund the money.

So, let me pose a hypothetical question. Suppose one of us Sox fans gets lucky enough to score Cubs playoff tickets for a profit motive. Suppose those tickets are then sold for a handsome gain. Then, suppose that the Cubs fail to make the playoffs. Do you:

4) Other

SMO

ilsox7
09-19-2007, 07:35 PM

4) Other

SMO

You agree with the buyer beforehand as to what will be done.

Ragator43
09-19-2007, 08:00 PM

4) Other

SMO

I'd probably sit on the tickets until their postseason fate has been decided. Might not be able to turn as large of a profit if they make it into October, but I'm sure I'd save myself one huge headache by holding them when they don't.

soxwon
09-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Pick how many more wins.

Cubs 1 game lead
3 pitt
3 fla
3 cinc

milw
4 atl
3 sl
4 sd

i say cubs 5-4
milw 6-5
would that give the cubs the division?

The Critic
09-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Pick how many more wins.

Cubs 1 game lead
3 pitt
3 fla
3 cinc

milw
4 atl
3 sl
4 sd

i say cubs 5-4
milw 6-5
would that give the cubs the division?

Yes.
They're one game up now, so they'd be one game up after both teams won 1 more game than they lost.

I think the Cubs will hang on to win the division but I wouldn't be surprised to see Pittsburgh and Cincy ruin their season. Those two teams seem to make life difficult for the Cubs all the time.

chisoxfanatic
09-20-2007, 09:49 PM
I think the Cubs will hang on to win the division but I wouldn't be surprised to see Pittsburgh and Cincy ruin their season. Those two teams seem to make life difficult for the Cubs all the time.
I seem to remember a former Cincinnati Red named Austin Kearns! :cool:

soxwon
09-20-2007, 09:51 PM
last time i looked milw was losing, so the cubs might be 1-1/2 in front.

Gavin
09-20-2007, 09:54 PM
that'd make the magic number a 9

The Critic
09-20-2007, 10:06 PM
I seem to remember a former Cincinnati Red named Austin Kearns! :cool:

I also remember Manos' brother Javier Valentin hurting the Cubs before. 2004, maybe?

chisoxfanatic
09-20-2007, 10:16 PM
I also remember Manos' brother Javier Valentin hurting the Cubs before. 2004, maybe?
I don't recall that; but, I know Austin Kearns hurt them in 2004, because I was finishing things up in my classroom while having that game on the TV (our school has cable TV). He hit some bombs that sunk their ship.

FedEx227
09-20-2007, 11:22 PM
God damnit Brewers.

1.5 games down.

It's Dankerific
09-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Anyone have some luck? It was worthless for me.. and its 2 hours earlier here ;)

Roof Shot
09-23-2007, 11:05 AM
I picked up a single...already on stubhub at an inflated price for one of those lemmings...