PDA

View Full Version : *Official* There was a game? 9/18/07 Postgame thread

delben91
09-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Well, after the first, Gavin threw really well, even if it was against the Royals.

Josh had a pair of doubles, and Danny got one in there as well.

Otherwise... :dunno:

Hitmen77
09-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Don't worry, once the weather warms up our hitting will come around.

Good night for Floyd (after the 1st four hitters) and good night for Fields. Richar's double was a total gift and should have been a fly out to LF.

At least Uribe and Cintron didn't fool anyone tonight into starting to think they should be part of the Sox plans for '08.

Now on to tomorrow's game where I hope Contreras does very well and makes himself look tradeable to other teams.

SoxSpeed22
09-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Eh.

JB98
09-18-2007, 10:25 PM
The Sox still can't hit.

Next.....

jdm2662
09-18-2007, 11:02 PM
The Sox still can't hit.

Next.....

Give them time. They just haven't hit their stride yet. This team is too talented to keep hitting like this...

chisoxmike
09-18-2007, 11:08 PM
This team is starting to come out of this. They're showing signs. They're going to go on a run.

A. Cavatica
09-18-2007, 11:13 PM
They hit for an inning last night. They were entitled to take tonight off.

Domeshot17
09-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Any lineup that has a 78912 of a combo of Uribe Cintron Gonzalez Terrero Richar Owens Fields is just not going to hit. The only 2 of them with an ounce of offensive potential are Richar and Fields. Fields is showing the power, and Richar is slowly coming around, but when your 78912 hitters are capped by 2 rookies who are trying to find their game in the bigs, you will have big problems. Uribe sucks, Cintron sucks, Gonzalez should never be allowed to play baseball ever again, Terrero is pretty bad and Owens is a soft hitter.

This isnt Walkers fault, and only half Ozzie's (he has better hitters rotting on the bench), they gotta make the best of what they have, and right now, they have nothing. This should be on Williams. Hes the one who went in to 2007 with an injury risk in lf and a huge injury risk in cf and no back up plan to either. Ill give him a pass on Crede because Fields was the plan, but we all knew his glove was bad at 3rd, and you are telling me ANDY GONZALEZ is the best back up we have??

kitekrazy
09-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Give them time. They just haven't hit their stride yet.

Sounds like something Greg Walker would say.

HawkDJ
09-19-2007, 12:35 AM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7577/1975/1600/sinking.jpg

soxfanatlanta
09-19-2007, 06:49 AM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7577/1975/1600/sinking.jpg

Very poignant: it's been a year since that toon was drawn, and we are still falling.

Nothing to be done

Law11
09-19-2007, 08:06 AM
the fact that there are 10 posts on a postgame thread the next morning says it all.

SBSoxFan
09-19-2007, 08:15 AM
the fact that there are 10 posts on a postgame thread the next morning says it all.

Especially with such an epic battle for last place going on.

WhiteSox5187
09-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Any lineup that has a 78912 of a combo of Uribe Cintron Gonzalez Terrero Richar Owens Fields is just not going to hit. The only 2 of them with an ounce of offensive potential are Richar and Fields. Fields is showing the power, and Richar is slowly coming around, but when your 78912 hitters are capped by 2 rookies who are trying to find their game in the bigs, you will have big problems. Uribe sucks, Cintron sucks, Gonzalez should never be allowed to play baseball ever again, Terrero is pretty bad and Owens is a soft hitter.

This isnt Walkers fault, and only half Ozzie's (he has better hitters rotting on the bench), they gotta make the best of what they have, and right now, they have nothing. This should be on Williams. Hes the one who went in to 2007 with an injury risk in lf and a huge injury risk in cf and no back up plan to either. Ill give him a pass on Crede because Fields was the plan, but we all knew his glove was bad at 3rd, and you are telling me ANDY GONZALEZ is the best back up we have??
I agree, I think Kenny has been getting off light this year. Going into the off season most people were in agreement that we had a problem at short, center, needed a leadoff man and help in the bullpen. The only move Kenny made was to get Erstad (another injury prone guy) and the bullpen is ALL of his making. He put himself where he is now and I don't really trust him to get out of it.

Nellie_Fox
09-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Going into the off season most people were in agreement that we had a problem at short, center, needed a leadoff man and help in the bullpen. The only move Kenny made was to get Erstad (another injury prone guy) and the bullpen is ALL of his making.But, coming in to this season, most experts agreed that the Sox had built a formidable bullpen. Some were saying the best in baseball. It didn't work out that way, but everyone was patting Kenny on the back at the time.

spiffie
09-19-2007, 02:13 PM
But, coming in to this season, most experts agreed that the Sox had built a formidable bullpen. Some were saying the best in baseball. It didn't work out that way, but everyone was patting Kenny on the back at the time.
It wasn't just coming into the season. After the first month or so everyone was talking about how formidable the pen was, and singing the praises of David Aardsma.

SBSoxFan
09-19-2007, 03:46 PM
But, coming in to this season, most experts agreed that the Sox had built a formidable bullpen. Some were saying the best in baseball. It didn't work out that way, but everyone was patting Kenny on the back at the time.

So I guess what we've learned here is that: people pat Kenny on the back = bad, people call Kenny the "village idiot" = good. :D:

Nellie_Fox
09-19-2007, 11:44 PM
So I guess what we've learned here is that: people pat Kenny on the back = bad, people call Kenny the "village idiot" = good. :D:What we've learned is that internet message boards are loaded with potential championship general managers in the Second Guess League.

A. Cavatica
09-20-2007, 12:54 AM

I'm a pessimist by nature, but I did think Kenny had done enough to address the bullpen. I didn't trust Sisco/Masset/Floyd at all, but I thought Aardsma would be serviceable. I expected Jenks/Thornton/MacDougal to be very good, and one or two kids to step up.

I was much more upset about the failure to ugprade at SS, LF, CF.

SBSoxFan
09-20-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm a pessimist by nature, but I did think Kenny had done enough to address the bullpen. I didn't trust Sisco/Masset/Floyd at all, but I thought Aardsma would be serviceable. I expected Jenks/Thornton/MacDougal to be very good, and one or two kids to step up.

I was much more upset about the failure to ugprade at SS, LF, CF.

Which is interesting considering your screen name.

SBSoxFan
09-20-2007, 09:14 AM
What we've learned is that internet message boards are loaded with potential championship general managers in the Second Guess League.

Yeah, but it just wasn't people on message boards, it was actual baseball people too, right?

Nellie_Fox
09-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Yeah, but it just wasn't people on message boards, it was actual baseball people too, right?I think you missed my point. Actual baseball people, plus message board people, were convinced Kenny built a great bullpen. It is now the second-guessing message board people who want to have Kenny's head for the failure of the bullpen, thus being championship general managers in the Second Guess League. It's always easy to know what should have been done after you've seen the results.