PDA

View Full Version : Manny doesn't like playing in September..again

Fenway
09-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Manny has now missed 18 games with an "oblique" injury.

For the past week he has been taking batting practice but...

Missing since Aug. 28 with a strained oblique, Ramirez has started taking cuts in the batting cage, and by all accounts looks like hes recovered and ready to go. Of course, hes not, a situation manager Terry Francona tiptoed around yesterday in Toronto.

http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2007/09/18/oblique_forecast/

Remember last year he quit on the team in late August and refused to play.

Red Sox fans are finally fed up with him

Risk
09-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Manny being Manny. Consistently being the walking, talking turd that he is.

I wonder if he gets like this every year when tax season comes around? Does he just feel that when April 15 comes around, that he doesn't want to pay his income taxes, since it happens every year?

Risk

FedEx227
09-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Please nobody else say "Manny being Manny", it makes my ears bleed.

What an idiot. But I'm not surprised, nor are most people who actually followed baseball and don't blindly listen to Berman and the Boo-Yahs rant about how great the Sawks are. He's lazy as hell, refuses to play in All-Star games and routinely quits on his team. But keep cheering him everytime he hits a dinger.

CLR01
09-18-2007, 06:39 PM

Sure they are. I think that is the 12th time in the last 3 years I have heard that one.

thedudeabides
09-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Sure they are. I think that is the 12th time in the last 3 years I have heard that one.

Yeah, I think we've seen this show before. He'll get booed when he comes back and then he'll hit a homerun and get a curtain call, and we'll hear nothing but how great he is.

southside rocks
09-18-2007, 08:36 PM

And that will have what effect, exactly? :rolleyes:

IMO, as sure as Manny is going to do this kind of thing, the fans are going to announce that they're "fed up with him" and then everything will go on just as it was, for 10 more years.

Noneck
09-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Only Blosox fans deserve this guy.

dakuda
09-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I think we've seen this show before. He'll get booed when he comes back and then he'll hit a homerun and get a curtain call, and we'll hear nothing but how great he is.

Very true. You fogot the walk out of the batter's box part though.

Domeshot17
09-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Manny could decide to hit left handed the rest of the year and Red Sox fans would be "fed up". Red Sox fans being fed up is the same as parents who tell their kids they have done it now, but don't actually punish them. When Manny comes back next week no one will notice how mad the fans are, as they give him a standing ovation.

DumpJerry
09-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Just like they are fed up with travelling all over the country to lay siege upon ballparks when their team plays there.

Sox
09-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Manny's September behavior is a surprise to anyone because?

chisoxmike
09-18-2007, 11:48 PM

:rolleyes:

Do you really expect us to believe this?

chaerulez
09-19-2007, 06:02 AM
Somehow if he hits a HR off the Yankees in the playoffs this year, I don't think Red Sawx fans will be fed up with him anymore.

Frater Perdurabo
09-19-2007, 07:08 AM
He needs to be given a "once over" with a tube sock filled with a cue ball.

soxfanatlanta
09-19-2007, 07:54 AM
He needs to be given a "once over" with a tube sock filled with a cue ball.

Or nail his head to the floor. Where are the piranha brothers when you need them?

VenturaFan23
09-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Somehow if he hits a HR off the Yankees in the playoffs this year, I don't think Red Sawx fans will be fed up with him anymore.

Let's hope they're both eliminated so they don't have to face each other in the playoffs!

Fenway
09-19-2007, 10:31 AM

No this time he is going to cost us the division......

This time the anger on WEEI is stronger than it has ever been

but ya they will cheer him when he decides to come back...for all his warts he is still one of the most feared hitters in the game

ode to veeck
09-19-2007, 11:21 AM
... and with the YankMEs on a win streak a favorable remaining schedule and only 1.5 back, the Red Sawx fans are hearing footsteps ... but they'd have to have a dismal last couple of weeks to fall behind Seattle or the Kittens to get totally bumbed from the post season.

itsnotrequired
09-19-2007, 11:45 AM
... and with the YankMEs on a win streak a favorable remaining schedule and only 1.5 back, the Red Sawx fans are hearing footsteps ... but they'd have to have a dismal last couple of weeks to fall behind Seattle or the Kittens to get totally bumbed from the post season.

Boston only needs to go 4-6 to be assured a postseason spot.

oeo
09-19-2007, 12:07 PM

The Tigers, and especially the Mariners, are all but finished. The Tigers really needed a W last night.

The Red Sox will be in the postseason...I'm not so sure it will be as the AL East champs, though.

And BTW, the Yankees are 2.5 games back, not 1.5.

kevin57
09-19-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm sure there are hormone treatments that will adjust Manny's September moods.

fquaye149
09-21-2007, 01:50 PM
No this time he is going to cost us the division......

This time the anger on WEEI is stronger than it has ever been

but ya they will cheer him when he decides to come back...for all his warts he is still one of the most feared hitters in the game

I've never seen anyone pee their pants as bad as Red Sox fans this year.

My roommate from Boston refuses to even discuss his first place team.

I'm going to cry cry cry 96 tears for him :rolleyes: