PDA

View Full Version : *Official* WE'RE NOT IN LAST PLACE 9/17/07 Postgame Thread

chisoxfanatic
09-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Well, ummmmm, so there's a team UNDER us in the standings!

ChiSoxGirl
09-17-2007, 11:14 PM
There's someone worse than us! There's someone worse than us!

Seriously though, Vazquez looked really sharp tonight after a somewhat shaky start- 0BBs, and a season-high 13Ks! Two more wins for him and Rongey gets a steak from Lawrence Holmes. :wink: C'mon Javy!!!

itsnotrequired
09-17-2007, 11:18 PM
All wins do at this point is hurt our chances of landing Pedro Alverez in next year's draft.

:redneck

kevingrt
09-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Back from the depths of hell come the Chicago White Sox, WOOHOO!!!!

JB98
09-17-2007, 11:25 PM
The Sox are 9-3 head-to-head against Kansas City. Three teams we can beat:

1. Tampa Bay (6-1)
2. Kansas City (9-3)
3. Detroit (9-5)

GoSox2K3
09-17-2007, 11:31 PM
How many HRs would Danny Richar project to hit over a full season at this pace? 20? I didn't realize he had power.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that simply hitting 20 HRs is automatically a sign of a good player (see Uribe, Juan) - but I'm glad to see the rookie showing some signs of success at the big league level.

SluggersAway
09-17-2007, 11:56 PM
All wins do at this point is hurt our chances of landing Pedro Alverez in next year's draft.

We won't get any of the top ten/twenty draft picks as long as JR refuses to deal with Boras.

So what is the point?

RadioheadRocks
09-17-2007, 11:56 PM
We won't get any of the top ten/twenty draft picks as long as JR refuses to deal with Boras.

So what is the point?

Amen!

ShoelessJoeS
09-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Javier Vazquez....wow

The Dude
09-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Javier Vazquez....wow

He is our ace no matter what people say. And I'm proud to say I've been behind him since the beginning. Take that ChiSoxMike!:tongue:

TDog
09-18-2007, 12:10 AM
While the White Sox were scoring 11 runs in an inning, I was taking my torts final for a professor with creative essay tests. I think I nailed it. I can only hope I nailed it as well as Danny Richar nailed his at bats in the fifth inning tonight.

A few White Sox players have hit two home runs in an inning. Harold Baines did it a couple of times. Also, Bill Melton, Claudell Washington, Tommy McCraw, Pat Seerey and Gus Zernial come to mind (although I never saw Seerey or Zernial play). But I wonder if Richar is the first White Sox player to pick up just seven total bases in an inning.

sox1970
09-18-2007, 12:11 AM
He is our ace no matter what people say. And I'm proud to say I've been behind him since the beginning. Take that ChiSoxMike!:tongue:

But can he pitch like this for a contending team? Hopefully we'll find out next year.

chisoxmike
09-18-2007, 12:15 AM

He pitched one hell of a game tonight. I was most impressed that he realized he was getting hit hard early in the game and made adjustments and shut the Royals down.

But it doesn't matter.

voodoochile
09-18-2007, 12:20 AM
:hawk
"Hard to win without any crooked numbers on the scoreboard."

:supernana::supernana:<----------- Eleven dancing nanners...

thomas35forever
09-18-2007, 12:20 AM
What a big offensive inning. This month is turning out to not be that disappointing.

voodoochile
09-18-2007, 12:24 AM
http://espn.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/mlb/sml/trans/chw.gif5th D Richar homered to center. 1-2
http://espn.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/mlb/sml/trans/chw.gif5th J Fields doubled to deep right, A Cintron and J Owens scored. 3-2
http://espn.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/mlb/sml/trans/chw.gif5th J Dye homered to center, J Fields and P Konerko scored. 6-2
http://espn.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/mlb/sml/trans/chw.gif5th J Uribe doubled to deep left, A Pierzynski scored. 7-2
http://espn.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/mlb/sml/trans/chw.gif5th D Richar tripled to deep right center, J Uribe scored. 8-2
http://espn.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/mlb/sml/trans/chw.gif5th A Cintron hit sacrifice fly to center, D Richar scored. 9-2
http://espn.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/mlb/sml/trans/chw.gif5th J Fields homered to center, J Owens scored. 11-2

Corlose 15
09-18-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm excited to see what the future has for Josh Fields and Danny Richar. Richar has gotten his average up to .240 the last couple of days. Hell evern Owens had a couple hits and picked up his 28th SB.

Hopefully they continue to improve and things might not be so bleak around here.

mccoydp
09-18-2007, 01:21 AM
I just got back from the game about twenty minutes ago. Great pitching from Javy, and what about that offensive explosion in the 5th! Most of the 14k+ fans in attendance started piling out of the stadium during the fifth.
It was fun being one of the few Sox fans in attendance!

:bandance::bandance:

ilsox7
09-18-2007, 02:04 AM
While the White Sox were scoring 11 runs in an inning, I was taking my torts final for a professor with creative essay tests. I think I nailed it. I can only hope I nailed it as well as Danny Richar nailed his at bats in the fifth inning tonight.

Hopefully you nailed it! My torts exam was one of those where everyone walked out of the room convinced they aced the exam. Of course, that is impossible in law school. However, it was one of the few exams where near perfection was required for an A.

Jerksticks
09-18-2007, 02:08 AM

So what is the point?

Danks is a Boras client. I wonder what kind of money he'll be worth down the line.

Nellie_Fox
09-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Danks is a Boras client. I'm certain that you're mistaken. I'm assured, day after day on WSI, that the Sox will not have anything to do with Boras clients.

itsnotrequired
09-18-2007, 07:02 AM

So what is the point?

Since when does Boras represent the top ten/twenty selections in a draft?

The Dude
09-18-2007, 07:58 AM
He pitched one hell of a game tonight. I was most impressed that he realized he was getting hit hard early in the game and made adjustments and shut the Royals down.

But it doesn't matter.

Sure it does. It means he has proven that this season he has finally ended the "one inning' nightmare that was supposed to be his big problem and now pitches solid games almost every time out. We all should have seen his dominant pitching even last year but he would have his big inning and cost us the game at times. That's why he needed to make adjustments as you said in order to be a dominant pitcher every 5 days without getting shelled.
Even though Buehrle is usually considered our ace, Javy should be right there with him again next season.

The Immigrant
09-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Danny Richar is hitting some frozen ropes out there. When he first got here most of his hits were grounders, but now it looks like he's made some nice adjustments at the plate.

His OPS for the month of September is .992 :o:!

DumpJerry
09-18-2007, 08:17 AM
In a weird twist of bias, the Cubune is reporting that Dye hit a Granny in the 5th.

It was a three run blast, but who said they know anything about baseball?

soxfanatlanta
09-18-2007, 08:18 AM

I have to admit that I was very skeptical with Javy; he was too inconsistent in the past. But I have no problem eating crow; he is having a solid year.

Viva Javy :gulp:

October26
09-18-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm happy to see the Sox playing well and winning. I remember at the end of last season (2006) how optimistic I was about the 2007 season and well ... we know how this season turned out. I hope that the Sox finish strong this season (I'm selfish and I love to see White sox winners!) but more importantly, I hope that Kenny fixes our bullpen for 2008.

SBSoxFan
09-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Javy! His KK:W ratio is now 4.1:1. He's exceeded 200 IP for the 7 time in the last 8 seasons.

Oh and DJ's ptc went 0-5. :rolling: But he was on the call for the fifth.

Risk
09-18-2007, 11:13 AM
After watching the last few weeks, I'm cautiously optomistic about Richar, Fields and Owens. When Fields actually makes contact, it is good, solid contact.

Maybe Floyd will be added to the list if he goes 7IP and only gives up 2R tonight.

Risk

soxinem1
09-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Danny Richar is hitting some frozen ropes out there. When he first got here most of his hits were grounders, but now it looks like he's made some nice adjustments at the plate.

His OPS for the month of September is .992 :o:!

Against a last place team and many September recalls. Not to say Richar is a fluke, but Uribe is crushing the ball too, as he does every September when he tries to rally for his next contract.

We've faced a lot of non-MLB pitching in the last few weeks, and are still under .500 against them. Getting excited about beating KC is no source of joy to me.

We cannot get fooled because we scored eleven runs against two pitchers that would have trouble making the Devil Ray pitching staff. This team needs to be shut down, retooled, and geared up for ST 2008. I don't care if we average 12 runs a game the rest of the year, the results of this season mean nothing towards next year.

Vazquez pitching well under non-pressure situations, wow is that rare! If he is our 'ace', as some are panning him out to be, then we are in a whole heap of trouble.

The only thing I wish would be possible is to have Crede come back in these last few days of the season, if he is physically able, just to see if there is any hope for him next season.

SBSoxFan
09-18-2007, 12:07 PM
We've faced a lot of non-MLB pitching in the last few weeks, and are still under .500 against them. Getting excited about beating KC is no source of joy to me.

Come on, since the end of August the Sox have played Boston, Texas, Cleveland, Detroit, and Minnesota, and LAA. Other than maybe Texas, which of those teams is running out non-MLB pitching?

HerzogVon
09-18-2007, 12:19 PM
In a weird twist of bias, the Cubune is reporting that Dye hit a Granny in the 5th.

Maybe the ball hit an elderly lady in the stands? ( That'll teach her to stay seated next time! )

Joornihilism is my perfession...

palehozenychicty
09-18-2007, 01:00 PM

So what is the point?

So what do you suggest? We go after the Erstads of the world rather than a potential All-Star/Hall of Famer? That is ignorant. Sure, Boras can overvalue his players, but if an organization wants to be a consistent contender, you need great players. Period. They don't grow on trees.

ondafarm
09-18-2007, 01:04 PM
"Hard to win without any crooked numbers on the scoreboard."

:supernana::supernana:<----------- Eleven dancing nanners...

Sometimes the picket fence does you in.

DumpJerry
09-18-2007, 03:46 PM

Maybe the ball hit an elderly lady in the stands? ( That'll teach her to stay seated next time! )

Joornihilism is my perfession...
:rolling: