View Full Version : Sunday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
09-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Won the damn game.

:thome:

What?

Brian26
09-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Today's game is the perfect illustration why baseball is, and always will be, the greatest sport ever invented.

And he did it on his own bobblehead day.

ChiSoxGirl
09-16-2007, 09:42 PM
TBGR! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3490) :bandance:

cbotnyse
09-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Awesome...I cant believe he did it in walk off fashion. Truly the highlight of a miserable season.

Congrats Jim. :gulp:

ChiSoxGirl
09-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Awesome...I cant believe he did it in walk off fashion. Truly the highlight of a miserable season.

Congrats Jim. :gulp:

I called it after Richar tied it in the 8th. I turned to my friends and told them Thome would walk it off with his 500th! :bandance:

Brian26
09-16-2007, 10:03 PM
I didn't keep score for the Buehrle no-hitter, but I kept score today. Just got done checking the totals with the official box score:

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/brian2653/DSCN1207.jpg

whitesoxwilkes
09-16-2007, 10:05 PM
I said Tuesday "no way will he hit it Sunday. I'm golfing." My wife took a buddy of mine on my ticket, and I caught it on TV when she told me he was up in the bottom of the 9th.

Brian, your scorecards are far neater than mine. I also never add up the offensive totals, only pitchers.

Brian26
09-16-2007, 10:10 PM
I said Tuesday "no way will he hit it Sunday. I'm golfing." My wife took a buddy of mine on my ticket, and I caught it on TV when she told me he was up in the bottom of the 9th.

Brian, your scorecards are far neater than mine. I also never add up the offensive totals, only pitchers.

Thanks. I took a long break from keeping score this year. Since Opening Day, this is only the third time I've kept the book.

I usually don't add up all of the offensive stats until I have a chance to sit down with Game Day or the newspaper the next day. It's a nice feeling of accomplishment when I actually get it right without any mistakes :D:

ChiSoxGirl
09-16-2007, 10:34 PM
I didn't keep score for the Buehrle no-hitter, but I kept score today. Just got done checking the totals with the official box score:

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/brian2653/DSCN1207.jpg

I also scored today, primarily because I switched TBGRs with MarySwiss, and they're a lot easier to write when you've got a scored game in front of you.

Like you, I've also taken a break on scoring this season, but I'm really glad I scored this afternoon and have record of this historic moment.

DumpJerry
09-16-2007, 10:36 PM
I called it after Richar tied it in the 8th. I turned to my friends and told them Thome would walk it off with his 500th! :bandance:
Ahem. You were one of the people I texted with my "Thome will walk it off" message.

During the top of the 9th, I turned to my friend and asked her is she was Darin Erstad and she was getting a pitch that she could hit out for a walk-off, would she hit the walk-off or take one for Jim? It was a tough question.

As soon as it left Thome's bat, the whole ballpark exploded, we all knew where it was headed....

Chips
09-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Ahem. You were one of the people I texted with my "Thome will walk it off" message.

I didn't get a text.

WizardsofOzzie
09-17-2007, 10:51 AM

Sureeeeeee you did Jen :tongue: Actually I was there. I can vouch for you if you need me to :smile:

whitesoxwilkes
09-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks. I took a long break from keeping score this year. Since Opening Day, this is only the third time I've kept the book.

I usually don't add up all of the offensive stats until I have a chance to sit down with Game Day or the newspaper the next day. It's a nice feeling of accomplishment when I actually get it right without any mistakes :D:

I haven't kept score at maybe 5 games in the past 10 years.

DumpJerry
09-17-2007, 11:33 AM
I didn't get a text.
....and your point is?

I did not text everyone who was at the game or is a Sox fan.

ChiSoxGirl
09-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Sureeeeeee you did Jen :tongue: Actually I was there. I can vouch for you if you need me to :smile:

Thanks. I may need that because not everyone seems to believe me. :wink:

ode to veeck
09-17-2007, 06:05 PM
No question about it; has to be the least disputed PTC of all time

Daver
09-17-2007, 06:12 PM
No question about it; has to be the least disputed PTC of all time

Nah, I picked the whole team after game four of the World Series, and no one complained.