PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Know What We Get?

skottyj242
09-16-2007, 11:00 AM
So last night at the game I noticed that all the ushers had yellow bags on their back with something in it. I asked one of the guys and all he told me was "Something we gotta hand out if something happens." I then looked closely at another guys bag and could see through it and it's a picture of Thome with something saying like:Celebrating 500. The one on top looked like it was autographed in silver, I couldn't tell if it was real or not but I would imagine it would be fake if they're giving out thirty thousand of them. Does anyone have any inside info on what exactly we're going to get today after Big Jim launches his 500th career homer into section 158 row 15 seat 12?

Cuck_The_Fubs
09-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Well, considering the fact that Thome is giving out a pretty sweet prize package for the 500th homerun ball, I'd say you'd be getting more than just a piece of paper. :smile:

Brian26
09-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I highly doubt Thome signed 30,000 photos personally. It might be a piece of paper/photo with a facsimile autograph on it. Or, may they interspersed some real autographs in the bags randomly.

Chips
09-16-2007, 11:38 AM
. Does anyone have any inside info on what exactly we're going to get today after Big Jim launches his 500th career homer into section 158 row 15 seat 12?

I'd imagine you'd get the ball.

salty99
09-16-2007, 11:45 AM
I saw those on Friday in the DHL bags as well. It read something like thanks for cheering for me and signed really large Jim Thome #25 which I'm sure is a preprint auto. It looks like an 8x10 type card commemorating the event.

esbrechtel
09-16-2007, 09:17 PM
you are right on salty...it was a photo with a preprint auto on the back with a little message from Thome...It will look sweet framed with my stub...

Brian26
09-16-2007, 09:41 PM
you are right on salty...it was a photo with a preprint auto on the back with a little message from Thome...It will look sweet framed with my stub...

Just to add to the cosmic nature of today's events: The season tickets this year had five or six different photos on them. Today's ticket just happens to show Thome on it.

Kuzman
09-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Just to add to the cosmic nature of today's events: The season tickets this year had five or six different photos on them. Today's ticket just happens to show Thome on it.

They're different with every set i'm assuming. Mine have a picture of fireworks going off over the scoreboard. You lucky gun you.

ondafarm
09-16-2007, 11:01 PM
If he signs 30,000 for real then I doubt he'd be hitting any home runs for awhile. He's strong but not that strong.

DumpJerry
09-16-2007, 11:36 PM
They're different with every set i'm assuming. Mine have a picture of fireworks going off over the scoreboard. You lucky gun you.
Depends on your ticket plan. For full season tickets, this is the one that rotated for today's game.

esbrechtel
09-16-2007, 11:48 PM
my girlfriend noticed the Thome ticket upon our entry to the park...she then said comon, bobblehead day, hes on the ticket, and its the last home game of this stand...it has to happen today! THANK GOD SHE WAS RIGHT!!!!:bandance:

skottyj242
09-18-2007, 01:09 PM
I have full season and I think mine were fireworks.
Depends on your ticket plan. For full season tickets, this is the one that rotated for today's game.

itsnotrequired
09-18-2007, 01:22 PM
I have full season and I think mine were fireworks.

I challenge this claim.

skottyj242
09-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I could be wrong. Eat some rebar.
I challenge this claim.

itsnotrequired
09-18-2007, 02:04 PM
I could be wrong. Eat some rebar.

As an aside, does anyone know if Scout, Jim Beam Club, suites, etc. have the same pictures as the full-season tickets?

esbrechtel
09-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Has anyone seen how much these things are going for on ebay???? holy crap 30 some dollars for that card? 75 dollars for the bobble head, ticket stub and card? :mg: Had I've known I would have taken the stack the lady tried to hand me instead of giving a bunch back....

Rocky Soprano
09-18-2007, 03:39 PM
As an aside, does anyone know if Scout, Jim Beam Club, suites, etc. have the same pictures as the full-season tickets?

I happened to be in a Diamond Suite on Sunday, Thome was not on the ticket. I will check when I get home, cause for the life of me I can't remember what was on it. But it wasn't Thome.

WizardsofOzzie
09-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Has anyone seen how much these things are going for on ebay???? holy crap 30 some dollars for that card? 75 dollars for the bobble head, ticket stub and card? :mg: Had I've known I would have taken the stack the lady tried to hand me instead of giving a bunch back....
Yeah some of the stuff on there is priced ridiculously high, and others are just trying to rip people off such as this gem
This is the bobblehead doll given out at the White Sox game against the Angels on Sept. 16, 2007.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9669/bef81vk5.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jim-Thome-bobblehead-MINT-condition-plus-500-HR-card_W0QQitemZ330166804178QQihZ014QQcategoryZ73424 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

chisoxmike
09-18-2007, 04:12 PM

I believe the tickets are bigger, like cards. And I caught a glimpse of one of them a while back and there was a image of the field angled from the first base side. So they may have different pictures. Anything is better than the one with that stupid looking girl...:tongue:

itsnotrequired
09-18-2007, 04:18 PM
I believe the tickets are bigger, like cards. And I caught a glimpse of one of them a while back and there was a image of the field angled from the first base side. So they may have different pictures. Anything is better than the one with that stupid looking girl...:tongue:

I knew they were bigger but am still curious about the photos. I would imagine they would be the same but maybe the glitterati demand higher quality images.

:happybday

DumpJerry
09-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah some of the stuff on there is priced ridiculously high, and others are just trying to rip people off such as this gem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jim-Thome-bobblehead-MINT-condition-plus-500-HR-card_W0QQitemZ330166804178QQihZ014QQcategoryZ73424 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Someone should report the fraud. That is not even close to the bobblehead they handed out. On the ones we got, the bat is black and angled upwards, there are no sideburns, the base is a Pepsi logo above Thome's name (:angry:), he is not smiling, his feet are spread apart and flat on the ground, his head is turned sideways over his right shoulder, his head size is proportionate to his body, and the base is a tan oval. Other than that, this the same thing.

chisoxmike
09-18-2007, 04:32 PM
I knew they were bigger but am still curious about the photos.

E-mail Brooks.

:party:

WizardsofOzzie
09-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Someone should report the fraud. That is not even close to the bobblehead they handed out. On the ones we got, the bat is black and angled upwards, there are no sideburns, the base is a Pepsi logo above Thome's name (:angry:), he is not smiling, his feet are spread apart and flat on the ground, his head is turned sideways over his right shoulder, his head size is proportionate to his body, and the base is a tan oval. Other than that, this the same thing.
Yeah, I sent them a message calling them out and this was their reply.

" It is not a fake. I was at the game on Sunday and I am selling a real bobblehead. It's too bad that haters like you have to disparage everything. I am a White Sox season ticketholder and I have the bobblehead, the card and the ticket from my seat in Section 109. Go bother someone else."

What a maroon. :mad:

EDIT: And they just took the picture down and put this up
"Please Note: Due to harassment, the pictures will be updated this evening to prove that the bobblehead is real. Most people on eBay would take the seller's word for it. Please check back this evening for pictures of the bobblehead. Rest assured, if you bid now, it is real. Pictures of the bobblehead, the ticket and the postcard will be up tonight, Sept. 18. Thank you."

Yeah most people trust anyone on EBAY

chisoxmike
09-18-2007, 04:36 PM

" It is not a fake. I was at the game on Sunday and I am selling a real bobblehead. It's too bad that haters like you have to disparage everything. I am a White Sox season ticketholder and I have the bobblehead, the card and the ticket from my seat in Section 109. Go bother someone else."

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Wow. Hysterical. Haters. :rolling::bandance:

itsnotrequired
09-18-2007, 04:37 PM

Did suite holders, etc. get fancier bobbleheads?

DumpJerry
09-18-2007, 04:52 PM

You could have responded that Section 109 is for group sales, not season tickets, just to see the response.

I've never bought anything on eBay, and stories like this one confirm my suspicions. I know of a former WSIer (who shall remain nameless) who made a "replica" World Series trophy after the '05 triumph out of wood sticks and, I think, Styrofoam. He listed it on eBay as a "replica World Series trophy" without saying which year it replicated or the materials used or the fact that it said White Sox World Series Champions or something to that effect. He sold it for $2,500.00! I'm sure the thing fell apart during the shipping. Before you start to feel bad for the buyer, I should tell you he sold it to a Red Sox fan.:D:

salty99
09-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Here you go:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1117&cat=500&ppuser=4350&sl=c

ilsox7
09-18-2007, 05:04 PM
You could have responded that Section 109 is for group sales, not season tickets, just to see the response.

I've never bought anything on eBay, and stories like this one confirm my suspicions. I know of a former WSIer (who shall remain nameless) who made a "replica" World Series trophy after the '05 triumph out of wood sticks and, I think, Styrofoam. He listed it on eBay as a "replica World Series trophy" without saying which year it replicated or the materials used or the fact that it said White Sox World Series Champions or something to that effect. He sold it for $2,500.00! I'm sure the thing fell apart during the shipping. Before you start to feel bad for the buyer, I should tell you he sold it to a Red Sox fan.:D:

$2,500?!?!?!?!?!

chisoxmike
09-18-2007, 05:10 PM

WHAT?!? $2500?!?

DumpJerry
09-18-2007, 05:33 PM
$2,500?!?!?!?!?!

WHAT?!? $2500?!?
It was a Red Sox fan.

ilsox7
09-18-2007, 05:34 PM
It was a Red Sox fan.

A new level of stupidity has been reached, though.

Rocky Soprano
09-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Did suite holders, etc. get fancier bobbleheads?

LOL. No, we got the same ones.

chisoxmike
09-19-2007, 05:04 PM

I think this guy changed this. It looks like he put the real bobble head on there now. I can't really tell though.

I'm a hater though.

Blob
09-19-2007, 05:17 PM
I think this guy changed this. It looks like he put the real bobble head on there now. I can't really tell though.

I'm a hater though.

Looks to be the real thing now.

WizardsofOzzie
09-19-2007, 05:21 PM

I'm a hater though.

Looks to be the real thing now.
Yeah, he e-mailed me requesting an apology and I'm thinking to myself, why the hell would I apologize for trying to protect some guy from spending his hard earned money on something that originally appeared to be a fake? Must be a Cubs fan :redneck

esbrechtel
09-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah, he e-mailed me requesting an apology and I'm thinking to myself, why the hell would I apologize for trying to protect some guy from spending his hard earned money on something that originally appeared to be a fake? Must be a Cubs fan :redneck
He should apologize to you for being too lazy to take a picture of the real deal and put it up....

ChiSoxGirl
09-19-2007, 10:42 PM

That seller is a tool, plain and simple. I can't believe he called you out like that. I laughed out loud when I saw the original picture you posted- that looks NOTHING like the one we got on Sunday.

And on top of all the differences DumpJerry pointed out, Thome is wearing eye black on the REAL bobblehead, unlike the supposed "real" bobblehead this eBayer was selling! :rolleyes:

skottyj242
09-20-2007, 10:32 AM
If anyone is interested I am selling a picture of me with my Thome bobblehead doll and ticket stub for three grand. :D:

WizardsofOzzie
09-20-2007, 02:53 PM
If anyone is interested I am selling a picture of me with my Thome bobblehead doll and ticket stub for three grand. :D:

Judging by this....
I know of a former WSIer (who shall remain nameless) who made a "replica" World Series trophy after the '05 triumph out of wood sticks and, I think, Styrofoam. He listed it on eBay as a "replica World Series trophy" without saying which year it replicated or the materials used or the fact that it said White Sox World Series Champions or something to that effect. He sold it for $2,500.00! I'm sure the thing fell apart during the shipping. Before you start to feel bad for the buyer, I should tell you he sold it to a Red Sox fan.:D:

I'd try the Red Sox boards :smile:

southsidemomma
09-21-2007, 12:51 AM

Well, don't forget to post the link.... I'm a sucker for e-bay.

Haha...