PDA

View Full Version : L.A.Angels ??

misty60481
09-15-2007, 09:46 PM
After watching the last 2 games I cant believe they are a 1st place team. They are 7 1/2 games in front. Unless they just played bad I cant believe it, they arent good on defense, there base running certainly hasnt been that good. They only have a couple real good hitters. Is it the manager ?? I m glad nothing ever came of trade talk of Konerko to LA and we get Kotchman.

voodoochile
09-15-2007, 09:52 PM
After watching the last 2 games I cant believe they are a 1st place team. They are 7 1/2 games in front. Unless they just played bad I cant believe it, they arent good on defense, there base running certainly hasnt been that good. They only have a couple real good hitters. Is it the manager ?? I m glad nothing ever came of trade talk of Konerko to LA and we get Kotchman.

You pick two less important statistics, state they suck at said less important statistics and can't understand why they are winning.

Here's some more meaningful stats:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?sort=runs&split=0&group=7&season=2007&seasonType=2&statType=batting&type=reg

And some more...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?sort=ERA&split=0&group=7&season=2007&seasonType=2&statType=pitching&type=reg

Hope that answers your question...

misty60481
09-15-2007, 10:32 PM
I didnt realoze there stats were that good, boy we are really down the lost. They just didnt look all that good the last 2 games. Of course we didnt either.

Noneck
09-15-2007, 10:53 PM
This is tweener time (Between locking up the division and gearing up for the playoffs) for them. Time to take a little resbit from a long season before putting it into high gear for the post season. They are a very solid team with a very good manager.

Hitmen77
09-15-2007, 10:56 PM

8 out of the 9 Angels starters tonight have a batting average that is at least 12 points higher than our team's highest batting avg.

Nellie_Fox
09-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Time to take a little resbit...A little what??

Noneck
09-16-2007, 08:20 AM
A little what??

Sorry Professor, should have been
"a bit of a rest." or respite.

Brian26
09-16-2007, 09:24 AM
After watching the last 2 games I cant believe they are a 1st place team.

I can. They're loaded with guys who can get on-base regularly, know how to run the bases, and they play exceptional fundamental baseball.

Some of their players are flying under the radar on the national level. For example, Howie Kendrick and Jeff Mathis aren't household names right now, but I'd kill to have either guy on the Sox next year. Kendrick, if he can stay healthy, looks like he's going to be an all-around player at 2b, and Mathis, defensively looks phenomenal. He'd be a great backup for AJ, and has a possibility of being a starter with us down the line.

kevin57
09-16-2007, 11:25 AM
ISome of their players are flying under the radar on the national level.

For this reason (and a score of other obvious ones) I hope the Angels go all the way. It would drive the ESPN staff nuts.

oeo
09-16-2007, 11:44 AM
This is tweener time (Between locking up the division and gearing up for the playoffs) for them. Time to take a little resbit from a long season before putting it into high gear for the post season. They are a very solid team with a very good manager.

There's no such thing as 'tweener time.' There's always something to fight for, usually to the very end. In the Angels' case, it's homefield advantage throughout the postseason.

They just haven't played well at all this series. Maybe it's a case of them not playing well against bad teams (kind of like we could never beat the Royals), but I highly doubt they're just taking it easy until October...that's just plain dumb. You don't kill momentum for absolutely no reason.

Look at some of the dumb crap they've done this series. Bad baserunning, half-assed defense, no clutch hitting...you think they're just taking it easy? That could end up killing the team and putting them into a massive slump.

Noneck
09-16-2007, 12:58 PM
There's no such thing as 'tweener time.' There's always something to fight for, usually to the very end. In the Angels' case, it's homefield advantage throughout the postseason.

They just haven't played well at all this series. Maybe it's a case of them not playing well against bad teams (kind of like we could never beat the Royals), but I highly doubt they're just taking it easy until October...that's just plain dumb. You don't kill momentum for absolutely no reason.

Look at some of the dumb crap they've done this series. Bad baserunning, half-assed defense, no clutch hitting...you think they're just taking it easy? That could end up killing the team and putting them into a massive slump.

Of course there shouldn't be a tweener time but it happens. Its a long season and they have not looked as good as they really are but if they win today its a good series for them. This team has many veterans that have been through this before and have a very good manager. They had their streak to lock up their division and now is a let down period. Its no big deal as long as they are ready for post season, which they will be.

chisoxmike
09-16-2007, 05:23 PM
My bet would be the Angels winning the Series this year. They're a very good team.

ma-gaga
09-17-2007, 05:34 PM
I've seen the Angels 4 times this year and they just seem to be either "HOT" or "COLD". It wouldn't surprise me to see them win the whole thing, or get swept in the ALDS.

They just seem like an 'all or nothing' type team.

PennStater98r
09-17-2007, 06:06 PM
You know that's beyond the fact that they just may have the best closer in baseball, one of the top five set-up men in baseball - and Escobar and Lackey throwing great.

It's pitching, speed and timely scoring - all of which L.A. has.