PDA

View Full Version : Bad days coming?

Kilroy
04-10-2002, 09:52 AM
Sox play the next five during the day. All at 1:05 Chicago time. In the past, they have been not so good in the day games. Let's hope that doesn't hold.

Procol Harum
04-10-2002, 10:59 AM
Good catch Kilroy--I wonder what the Sox' record on all those Sunday afternoon games they've played in over the last several years? Don't know if it's only perception, but it seems like they lose 3 for every one they win...

RedPinStripes
04-10-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Good catch Kilroy--I wonder what the Sox' record on all those Sunday afternoon games they've played in over the last several years? Don't know if it's only perception, but it seems like they lose 3 for every one they win...

Maybe I was just lucky, but I thought they had a decent record on Sunday. I can remember going to quite a few Sunday games that they won.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-10-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

Gee, and all this time I was blaming those 1917 throwback uniforms. What a fool I've been!
:)

MattSharp
04-10-2002, 11:46 AM
Yea whats with that? A Wed day game today? Then I understand Fri, Sat, Sun, but why again on Monday? This is crazy 5 in a row......

Iwritecode
04-10-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Yea whats with that? A Wed day game today? Then I understand Fri, Sat, Sun, but why again on Monday? This is crazy 5 in a row......

I think it's a plot to keep me from watching as many games as possible this year. :(: I didn't get last night's game cause it was on WCIU. I won't get to see today's game, Friday's or Monday's game either. :angry: If I'm lucky I'll be able to catch the 2 this weekend.

MattSharp
04-10-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

I think it's a plot to keep me from watching as many games as possible this year. :(: I didn't get last night's game cause it was on WCIU. I won't get to see today's game, Friday's or Monday's game either. :angry: If I'm lucky I'll be able to catch the 2 this weekend.

Yea that sucks. I will only get to catch the games on Gamecast or Gameday. The only live action I get to see until June is the Satruday games on WGN.

HawkDJ
04-10-2002, 05:31 PM
Here are some stats kinda interesting, kinda useless:

-Buehrle is the only member of the rotation with a lower ERA during the day than at night.
-5 out of the 7 bullpen members(not including Rauch) have better ERA's during the daytime.
- 4 of the normal 9 people in the normal starting lineup have higher batting averages during the day.

doublem23
04-10-2002, 06:59 PM
Well, let's look at this season so far...

4-1... at Seattle... day... Sox win, 6-5 (1-0)
4-2... at Seattle... night... Sox lose, 7-4 (0-1)
4-3... at Seattle... night... Sox lose, 7-6 (0-2)
4-5... at Kansas City... night... Sox lose, 5-2 (0-3)
4-6... at Kansas City... day... Sox win, 14-0 (2-0)
4-7... at Kansas City... day... Sox lose, 9-2 (2-1)
4-9... at Detroit... night... Sox win, 8-2 (1-3)
4-10... at Detroit... day... Sox win, 7-5 (3-1)

So, thus far in 2002 day games the Sox are 3-1 in day games, and 1-3 in night games?

Who knew?

PANFIRECRACKER
04-11-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Well, let's look at this season so far...

4-1... at Seattle... day... Sox win, 6-5 (1-0)
4-2... at Seattle... night... Sox lose, 7-4 (0-1)
4-3... at Seattle... night... Sox lose, 7-6 (0-2)
4-5... at Kansas City... night... Sox lose, 5-2 (0-3)
4-6... at Kansas City... day... Sox win, 14-0 (2-0)
4-7... at Kansas City... day... Sox lose, 9-2 (2-1)
4-9... at Detroit... night... Sox win, 8-2 (1-3)
4-10... at Detroit... day... Sox win, 7-5 (3-1)

So, thus far in 2002 day games the Sox are 3-1 in day games, and 1-3 in night games?

Who knew?

The new wrigleyesque batters eye may help. The corrugated metal had a nasty glare.

doctor30th
04-11-2002, 02:58 PM
actually that was in 2000 when they were under .500 in day games. Last year they were 27-24 in day games.

Foulke You
04-11-2002, 04:35 PM
The Sox always seem to hit better at night for some reason. That was a good point that PANFIRECRACKER made about the backdrop. Many players complained that the ball was much harder to pick up during bright sunny days at Comiskey. Maybe the new backdrop will help.

Day games suck. I had to burn up a vacation day just to go to Opening Day (a well used vacation day though) and I'll end up missing Sat and Mon. games because of work. When are the Sox going to realize their fanbase is mostly blue collar working class who can't skip a day at work on a Monday afternoon to go to the game like Flub fans do?

Remember Opening Night in 2000? That was a blast! Sellout crowd, exciting game, jacked up crowd, beautiful weather, fireworks after the game. That was a great idea. I wonder why they backed off of Opening Night and returned to the Day games last year and this year?

MarqSox
04-11-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

Day games suck. I had to burn up a vacation day just to go to Opening Day (a well used vacation day though) and I'll end up missing Sat and Mon. games because of work. When are the Sox going to realize their fanbase is mostly blue collar working class who can't skip a day at work on a Monday afternoon to go to the game like Flub fans do?

Good point. They always sell out night games during the week.

Foulke You
04-11-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Good point. They always sell out night games during the week.

I didn't say they'd sell out but you keep an eye on those weekday 1:05 starts. They'll be lucky to get 13,000 for those games. They get at least 19,000-21,000 for weekday night games.

Chisoxfn
04-11-2002, 09:01 PM
I'm with Code. I think its a conspiracy to keep us out of the area Sox fans from being able to watch the game. Never am I home to watch day games except on Fridays but it has to be late(I'm at college late that day)

God, I hate day games during the week but hopefully the Sox don't.