PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

LITTLE NELL
09-13-2007, 01:41 PM
I know Sammy is one of the guys but who are the other 3 guys in the Whats The Score Picture?

itsnotrequired
09-13-2007, 01:48 PM
I know Sammy is one of the guys but who are the other 3 guys in the Whats The Score Picture?

For real?

Scooter Boras, Ronald "woot-woot" Wickles and Diamond Joe Selig.

Barney is also in the image but considered by the scientific community to not be human.

*epic joke setup*

LITTLE NELL
09-13-2007, 02:21 PM
For real?

Barney is also in the image but considered by the scientific community to not be human.

*epic joke setup*
Thanks for the info and the question was for real, Ive been gone from Chicago for 14 years and our local newspaper when it comes to sports is a joke so Ive never seen a picture of Boras, had a guess that was Selig, but I have no idea who that Wickles guy is.

oeo
09-13-2007, 02:25 PM
...but I have no idea who that Wickles guy is.

Crack woo! head woo! Cubs woo! fan woo! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Woo_Woo)

LITTLE NELL
09-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Crack woo! head woo! Cubs woo! fan woo! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Woo_Woo)
Guess I dont watch enough Cub games(never).

oeo
09-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Guess I dont watch enough Cub games(never).

Ronnie Woo-Woo has nothing to do with watching Cubs games...:?:

It's hard to believe you've never heard of the guy.

LITTLE NELL
09-13-2007, 07:22 PM

When did he become famous? Like I said before I left Chicago 14 years ago and only watch the occasional Sox game on WGN , some Devil Ray games and lots of golf when Im not playing it. Now, Andy the Clown I remember.

delben91
09-13-2007, 07:36 PM
When did he become famous? Like I said before I left Chicago 14 years ago and only watch the occasional Sox game on WGN , some Devil Ray games and lots of golf when Im not playing it. Now, Andy the Clown I remember.

For what it's worth, I'm only familiar with him through Cub discussions here in the What's the Score forum. As a non-native, non-resident Chicagoan, I can definitely picture you having not heard of him.

Now if you'd said you didn't know who Barney was, that'd be another matter! :redneck

MarySwiss
09-13-2007, 07:53 PM

For what it's worth, I'm only familiar with him through Cub discussions here in the What's the Score forum. As a non-native, non-resident Chicagoan, I can definitely picture you having not heard of him.

Yep. Ronnie Woo-woo is only a celebrity in Chicago--and only on the North Side.

oeo, take a pill. Not all Sox fans live in Chicago. And not all Sox fans give two ****s about Ronnie Woo-woo. I sure don't.

LITTLE NELL
09-13-2007, 07:59 PM

oeo, take a pill. Not all Sox fans live in Chicago. And not all Sox fans give two ****s about Ronnie Woo-woo. I sure don't.
Thank you, Mary Swiss.

WSox597
09-13-2007, 08:00 PM
In my opinion, Woo Woo is THE perfect mascot for both the Cubs and the Urinal.

I can certainly understand people from out of state not knowing who the "bum du jour" in Chicago is.

Hell, you're better off not knowing about this creature. I wish I didn't know about him.

oeo
09-13-2007, 08:21 PM
oeo, take a pill.

What? :?:

Not all Sox fans live in Chicago. And not all Sox fans give two ****s about Ronnie Woo-woo. I sure don't.I understand that, and he even said he hasn't lived in Chicago for the past 14 years. But the moron has been up to his shenanigans for years prior to that. All I said was, I can't believe he hasn't heard of him...so sorry to touch a nerve.

Jjav829
09-13-2007, 08:43 PM
For real?

*epic joke setup*

And the other three are considered to be human? :?:

I assume that was what you were looking for, or something along those lines.

itsnotrequired
09-14-2007, 06:17 AM
And the other three are considered to be human? :?:

I assume that was what you were looking for, or something along those lines.

Jjav wins the cigar!

Let's quit our jobs and form the ultimate comedy duo.

C-Dawg
09-14-2007, 07:09 AM
Barney is probably the least objectionable of that foursome.

TommyJohn
09-14-2007, 07:48 AM

I'll never forget when he showed up for Game 1 of the 2005 ALCS and
managed to mooch and bum his way in.

CubKilla
09-14-2007, 09:22 AM
I always found it kind of ironic that the "white trash" Sox fans, as Cub fans stereotype us, have a homeless crackhead as their mascot.

SOXPHILE
09-14-2007, 09:46 AM

He became (in)famous quite a while ago. He was always just this smelly idiot who wondered around Wrigley Field, trying to mooch free tix, food and beer. When the Chicago media, led by the Tribune Corporation, began showing him on T.V., and writing articles about him needing free teeth replacement, his notoriety grew. He still smells like pee, and (successfully) tries to mooch free tix, food and beer. But because of his Chicago "celebrity" status, Wrigleyville trixies like to sit on his lap and get their picture taken with him, and the Chicago Tribune sees fit to print several days worth of articles about him going missing..wait, no he's not missing...well, sometimes he just disappears for a few days...don't worry, we found him.:rolleyes:

The Critic
09-14-2007, 09:47 AM
I always found it kind of ironic that the "white trash" Sox fans, as Cub fans stereotype us, have a homeless crackhead as their mascot.

Do you mean:
"I always found it ironic that Cub fans, who stereotype us Sox fans as "white trash", have a homeless crackhead as their mascot"?

itsnotrequired
09-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Do you mean:
"I always found it ironic that Cub fans, who stereotype us Sox fans as "white trash", have a homeless crackhead as their mascot"?

Just as essentially every real Sox fan rejects the white trash image, essentially every real Cub fan reject Woo Woo.