eastchicagosoxfan
09-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Sox :dtroll:Win!!!

thomas35forever
09-12-2007, 05:06 PM
I guess we can beat Cleveland.

LITTLE NELL
09-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Lets win all we can and finish on a high note. I love the White Sox like family and I dont want to finish last or have the worst record in baseball. The hell with the #1 draft choice, he will probably be a Boras client anyway.

The Immigrant
09-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Ehren Wasserman is a breath of fresh air.

MCHSoxFan
09-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh yes!! Just what I love. ONE MORE JIM!!!

October26
09-12-2007, 05:57 PM
A win is a win! Very happy for Jim Thome on getting career home run499. Will be watching/listenting this weekend and rooting Jim to get 500 and beyond. :bandance:

BringBackBlkJack
09-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Ehren Wasserman is a breath of fresh air.

You got that right. He's about the only guy coming out of the bullpen that I don't worry about, besides Bobby. Mr. Logan also had a decent little outing today as well. Let's hope he can develop and live up to his potential next year.

southside rocks
09-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Went to the game today. Beautiful day. Got to see Thome jack #499; got to see a White Sox winner; got to see Bad Bobby save it; got to see Ehren Wasserman look good in relief yet again!

You know, when I don't think about the W/L record for the 2007 White Sox, life is good. :D:

DumpJerry
09-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Went to the game today. Beautiful day. Got to see Thome jack #499; got to see a White Sox winner; got to see Bad Bobby save it; got to see Ehren Wasserman look good in relief yet again!

You know, when I don't think about the W/L record for the 2007 White Sox, life is good. :D:
No save for Bobby. He entered the 9th with a 4 run lead and gave up a run. Can't create your own save opportunity.

southside rocks
09-12-2007, 08:29 PM
No save for Bobby. He entered the 9th with a 4 run lead and gave up a run. Can't create your own save opportunity.

You're right. My bad. :redface:

DumpJerry
09-12-2007, 08:41 PM
You're right. My bad. :redface:
Don't be embarrassed. They keep changing the rules of how to get a save it's a surprise anyone knows any more.

itsnotrequired
09-12-2007, 08:47 PM
I attended this game.

Sig update time...

DumpJerry
09-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I attended this game.

Sig update time...
At 29-38, you can finish at .500 if the Sox win the rest of their home games!
:bandance::supernana::bandance:

itsnotrequired
09-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Ooh, I forgot to mention that my son dropped his pacifier into the Sox bullpen. Chief retrieved it and all was right with the world.

soxfanreggie
09-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Never going to complain about winning a game. Thome could reach it tomorrow...who knows.

DumpJerry
09-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Never going to complain about winning a game. Thome could reach it tomorrow...who knows.
That would be more interesting than anything I can imagine.

I'm betting on Friday. In my gut, I think he's got a better shot at it then.

Railsplitter
09-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Sure feels good:bandance:

#499 for Thome :cheers:

KyWhiSoxFan
09-12-2007, 09:44 PM
How did Fields make the error this time? Is there any chance he can be serviceable in LF?

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2007, 09:49 PM
I was too engaged in a classroom discussion on points, lines, and planes that I didn't even think of putting this one on Gamecast on my classroom computer...THAT'S the extent of the toll this season's taken on me. Good riddance!

Hopefully Thome does hit #500 on Friday. It should be a sell-out, if not close to a sell-out being halfway to St. Pattie's day with the fireworks, as well as the start to the weekend. It would be nice for him to hit the milestone HR in the presence of a great crowd.

MarySwiss
09-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Well, here's the deal. I'm having lunch tomorrow with my Tribe fan friend, at which time I will have to pay off my bet with him--Sox vs Tribe, who finishes higher?--and swallow a ton of abuse. That made today's victory--and the Thome homer--HUGE!!!!

And of course, I will point out that they "ain't won nothin' yet!"

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Well, here's the deal. I'm having lunch tomorrow with my Tribe fan friend, at which time I will have to pay off my bet with him--Sox vs Tribe, who finishes higher?--and swallow a ton of abuse. That made today's victory--and the Thome homer--HUGE!!!!

And of course, I will point out that they "ain't won nothin' yet!"
My season ticket holder buddies next to me brought a Cleveland fan to last night's game (he's come to a handful of games with them the past couple of years). This Cleveland fan is a HUGE Grady Seizemore fan, even claiming to be "Mrs. Seizemore!" When my friend and I were discussing how torturous this season has been to us, Mrs. Seizemore piped in and says "You have nothing on us Cleveland sports fans! We're the kings and queens of torture." Suddenly, I didn't feel so bad, because he was RIGHT!

MarySwiss
09-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Hopefully Thome does hit #500 on Friday.

NO, NO, NO!

Chisoxfanatic, I understand your natural desire to write the Thome 500 recap, but I traded with ChiSoxGirl this weekend, and I want to write the Thome 500 recap.

And let me say once again how nice it was to get together with you two over Labor Day weekend. Sorry Dump and Soxstarter couldn't join us. See ya next spring!

kevin57
09-12-2007, 10:01 PM
This was my first game of the '07 season (I feel a little guilty, but only a very little). Better than decent. We got a "reverse-Vazquez," that is, a little shaky early on and settled into a dominant groove in the later innings.

How did Fields make the error this time? Is there any chance he can be serviceable in LF?

It was a mix-up between him and Uribe. On a short fly, Uribe was backing up while Fields was charging in. It looked like Fields was calling him off, but Uribe stopped his pursuit only at the last second and Fields didn't snare it.

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2007, 10:02 PM
NO, NO, NO!

Chisoxfanatic, I understand your natural desire to write the Thome 500 recap, but I traded with ChiSoxGirl this weekend, and I want to write the Thome 500 recap.

And let me say once again how nice it was to get together with you two over Labor Day weekend. See ya next spring!

But, see, Chisoxfanatic wants to also be in attendance for #500! :wink:

Yes, the Labor Day lunch was great, despite being unable to eat more than a quarter of that side salad.

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2007, 10:14 PM
This was my first game of the '07 season (I feel a little guilty, but only a very little). Better than decent. We got a "reverse-Vazquez," that is, a little shaky early on and settled into a dominant groove in the later innings.

It was a mix-up between him and Uribe. On a short fly, Uribe was backing up while Fields was charging in. It looked like Fields was calling him off, but Uribe stopped his pursuit only at the last second and Fields didn't snare it.

THAT'S what this team's been missing...divine intervention! Maybe we should get you to lead us in a Novena for the Sox in lieu of Mike's preseason monologue. :cool:

kevin57
09-12-2007, 10:22 PM
THAT'S what this team's been missing...divine intervention! Maybe we should get you to lead us in a Novena for the Sox in lieu of Mike's preseason monologue. :cool:

I'm afraid I called in my favors during the '05 run. Nobody will ever know how many "deals" :cool: I made with the big guy during those playoffs to get the championship. However, I am working on accumulating more assets...but don't hold your breath...I'm nearly 50 and it took almost that long to get one World Series.:tongue:

kitekrazy
09-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Lets win all we can and finish on a high note. I love the White Sox like family and I dont want to finish last or have the worst record in baseball. The hell with the #1 draft choice, he will probably be a Boras client anyway.

LOL! I'd prefer they continue to suck. It will make it easier to get rid of players that need to be gone.

DumpJerry
09-13-2007, 08:08 AM
But, see, Chisoxfanatic wants to also be in attendance for #500! :wink:

Yes, the Labor Day lunch was great, despite being unable to eat more than a quarter of that side salad.
You shouldn't have eaten those ribs and burgers before lunch. They always ruin your appetite.

Giv20
09-13-2007, 10:11 AM
I attended this game.

Sig update time...

Been meaning to ask... why the half beer? Did you drop it?
:gulp:

skottyj242
09-13-2007, 12:06 PM

I was actually suprised that not too many people know about this. I was sitting in left right behind the Sox bullpen with the itsnotrequireds and we heard some people rooting for him to get a save.

itsnotrequired
09-13-2007, 12:24 PM
I was actually suprised that not too many people know about this. I was sitting in left right behind the Sox bullpen with the itsnotrequireds and we heard some people rooting for him to get a save.

It was the same guy who yelled at a tie-wearing fan that caught a foul ball. He called him a Communist.

:?:

Let the record show that the yeller was also sporting a single, fake peanut earring.

:?::?:

skottyj242
09-13-2007, 12:31 PM
It was the same guy who yelled at a tie-wearing fan that caught a foul ball. He called him a Communist.

:?:

Let the record show that the yeller was also sporting a single, fake peanut earring.

:?::?:

That guy stole the commie thing from me. I've been saying that in that section for years.

Ragator43
09-13-2007, 12:33 PM

if you're talking about the guy wearing a konerko that came and sat in the front row of 157 in the 8th, i apologize for him. he's a friend of mine. great guy, he just doesn't know all of the details and rules of the game.

skottyj242
09-13-2007, 12:42 PM
if you're talking about the guy wearing a konerko that came and sat in the front row of 157 in the 8th, i apologize for him. he's a friend of mine. great guy, he just doesn't know all of the details and rules of the game.

Wow that's weird, we were sitting right next to each other then. There is no need to apologize at all.

itsnotrequired
09-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Wow that's weird, we were sitting right next to each other then. There is no need to apologize at all.

We were in 158, Einstein.

skottyj242
09-13-2007, 12:48 PM
We were in 158, Einstein.

Yes, in the front row of 158 and they were in the front row of 157. We were next to each other separated by an aisle.

Jerko
09-13-2007, 12:49 PM
My season ticket holder buddies next to me brought a Cleveland fan to last night's game (he's come to a handful of games with them the past couple of years). This Cleveland fan is a HUGE Grady Seizemore fan, even claiming to be "Mrs. Seizemore!" When my friend and I were discussing how torturous this season has been to us, Mrs. Seizemore piped in and says "You have nothing on us Cleveland sports fans! We're the kings and queens of torture." Suddenly, I didn't feel so bad, because he was RIGHT!

Did Mrs Sizemore call Grady a "Beatutiful player" like Hawk did the other day?? The Hawk man-love was off the charts that day.

itsnotrequired
09-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Yes, in the front row of 158 and they were in the front row of 157. We were next to each other separated by an aisle.

I was referring to peanut-earring-man, who was in the front row of 158.

Chips
09-13-2007, 12:50 PM
That guy stole the commie thing from me. I've been saying that in that section for years.

I hate communists and commie sympathizers and commie supporters.

skottyj242
09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
I was referring to peanut-earring-man, who was in the front row of 158.

But Ragator was talking about the guy that was sitting to our right in the Konerko jersey. I was referring to him. Eat sand.

Ragator43
09-13-2007, 12:56 PM
i missed out on the peanut earring guy. sounds interesting, though.

skottyj242
09-13-2007, 01:00 PM
i missed out on the peanut earring guy. sounds interesting, though.

He was a couple of seats to our left. He sits ther all the time, this was the first time I saw the peanut in the ear though. He was a little over served.

Ragator43
09-13-2007, 01:07 PM
He was a couple of seats to our left. He sits ther all the time, this was the first time I saw the peanut in the ear though. He was a little over served.

Yeah, some of the vendors weren't exactly following guidelines yesterday. Some people were just ignorant though. Sat in my ticketed seat in 150 for most of the game and some "fan" in an ordonez jersey could do nothing but yell out witty comments like "Lofton Sucks!!" or "Fields Sucks!!" when he started in on richar over a base hit up the middle, that's when i said something and shut him up for the rest of the game.

itsnotrequired
09-13-2007, 01:44 PM
But Ragator was talking about the guy that was sitting to our right in the Konerko jersey. I was referring to him. Eat sand.

Wasn't Peanut also wearing a Konerko jersey? Ragator mentioned his friend was in 157 but I never said Peanut was in 157. Eat gravel.

The battle continues...