PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets 2008

jenn2080
09-12-2007, 09:56 AM
I spoke with my rep today and asked him when the 1st payment for 2008 season tickets were. He told me that right now they have a tentative date of Oct 22nd. He said that they are still trying to work everything out as far as payment dates and ticket prices.

chisoxmike
09-12-2007, 09:59 AM
I spoke with my rep today and asked him when the 1st payment for 2008 season tickets were. He told me that right now they have a tentative date of Oct 22nd. He said that they are still trying to work everything out as far as payment dates and ticket prices.

Wow. That's pretty early.

I wonder if they're going to have a home schedule out so the 27-game people know what they're getting before they pay up. Same perks/opening day for hit & run/postseason options (:rolleyes:), etc.

DumpJerry
09-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Wow. That's pretty early.

I wonder if they're going to have a home schedule out so the 27-game people know what they're getting before they pay up. Same perks/opening day for hit & run/postseason options (:rolleyes:), etc.
Just a few weeks earlier than before.

Speaking of schedules, the Tribune today said that for the first time in a long time, the Sox open on the road enxt under the tentative schedule. Oh good, you're thinking, no snow-outs or cold cancellations! We're not opening in Tampa. We're not opening in the Metrodome, we're not even opening in Texas. No. We're opening in the tropical climates of Cleveland and Detroit.

This means we can see our initial road games in Milwaukee.

Fire Bud. Fire him today.

chisoxmike
09-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Does the season start on March 31?

chisoxmike
09-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Sox are going to San Fran :bandance:and LA next summer. Colorado and Pittsburgh come here.

It's Dankerific
09-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Because, you WANT to ask for alot of money RIGHT after the worst White Sox season in recent memory...

But, you can see the reasoning pretty clear. Get the numbers of renewals for the budget so they can see how many rookies need to be on the roster next season.

salty99
09-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Sox are going to San Fran :bandance:and LA next summer. Colorado and Pittsburgh come here.

Pittsburgh again...geez. Where did you find this info?

jenn2080
09-12-2007, 10:27 AM

I know where my vacation is going to be this year.

chisoxmike
09-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Pittsburgh again...geez. Where did you find this info?

I know people. :tongue:

Trib.

chisoxmike
09-12-2007, 10:30 AM

I know where my vacation is going to be this year.

Yeah, I'm going to try and go to San Fran.

itsnotrequired
09-12-2007, 10:30 AM
I know people. :tongue:

Trib.

I thought Sox fans didn't read the Tribune? Bird-cage liner and so forth...

:happybday

jenn2080
09-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I'm going to try and go to San Fran.

My brother and I are going go to both if it falls the way Pitt and Philly did this year. We are going to drive from SF to LA and stop in Santa Barbara and see family. We cannot wait.

ChiSoxGirl
09-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Anyone have a link? If not, can someone tell me when the Sox go down to Tampa? Thanks.

chisoxmike
09-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Anyone have a link? If not, can someone tell me when the Sox go down to Tampa? Thanks.

The schedule hasn't been approved. The Trib just mentioned that the Sox open the season in Cleveland and Detroit, and their interleague matchups are San Fran and LA on the road, and Colorado and Pittsburgh at the Cell.

ChiSoxGirl
09-12-2007, 11:16 AM
The schedule hasn't been approved. The Trib just mentioned that the Sox open the season in Cleveland and Detroit, and their interleague matchups are San Fran and LA on the road, and Colorado and Pittsburgh at the Cell.

OK, thanks! :thumbsup:

BainesHOF
09-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Because, you WANT to ask for alot of money RIGHT after the worst White Sox season in recent memory...

But, you can see the reasoning pretty clear. Get the numbers of renewals for the budget so they can see how many rookies need to be on the roster next season.

Bingo!

soxfan80
09-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Just a few weeks earlier than before.

Speaking of schedules, the Tribune today said that for the first time in a long time, the Sox open on the road enxt under the tentative schedule. Oh good, you're thinking, no snow-outs or cold cancellations! We're not opening in Tampa. We're not opening in the Metrodome, we're not even opening in Texas. No. We're opening in the tropical climates of Cleveland and Detroit.

This means we can see our initial road games in Milwaukee.

Fire Bud. Fire him today.I'm more upset we open against cleveland...again.

nccwsfan
09-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Why are we getting Pittsburgh on the schedule for the 3rd year in a row? That doesn't make much sense- shouldn't they get Arizona or San Diego at home???:?:

soxwon
09-12-2007, 07:43 PM

big draws them two.
ill sell my 20 buck tickets for 50 bucks fer sure!!!

going to frisco will be cool.

champagne030
09-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Why are we getting Pittsburgh on the schedule for the 3rd year in a row? That doesn't make much sense- shouldn't they get Arizona or San Diego at home???:?:

And still no Milwaukee??? :dunno:

MCHSoxFan
09-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Information for 27-Game Plan Ticket Holders:

PREMIUM LOWER LEVEL BOX AND THE CLUB LEVEL ARE NOW AVALIBLE FOR SPLIT-SEASON PLANS.

Parrothead
09-12-2007, 11:41 PM

That sucks! Been to both places....Looks like New York and Seattle for me next year.

RealFan
09-13-2007, 09:40 AM

PREMIUM LOWER LEVEL BOX AND THE CLUB LEVEL ARE NOW AVALIBLE FOR SPLIT-SEASON PLANS.

Where did you hear this? Isn't this a total departure from even the pre WS days? I thought you had to be a FS ticket holder to get into the premium lower box area?

salty99
09-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Is this for existing seat holders? My rep just told me those locations are FULL season only.

skottyj242
09-13-2007, 11:33 AM
When are they going to hit us with prices going up?

chisoxmike
09-13-2007, 12:02 PM
When are they going to hit us with prices going up?

Already did, 3% increase for 2008.

skottyj242
09-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Already did, 3% increase for 2008.

My tix aren't in my name so I don't get the info, I just write a check a couple of times.

chisoxmike
09-13-2007, 12:05 PM
My tix aren't in my name so I don't get the info, I just write a check a couple of times.
Ha. They didn't send anything official out, but in a article with a Brooks Boyer interview,I think it was Crains, he said ticket prices will be going up 3%. :(:

jenn2080
09-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Ha. They didn't send anything official out, but in a article with a Brooks Boyer interview,I think it was Crains, he said ticket prices will be going up 3%. :(:

What a bunch of **** jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!

WizardsofOzzie
09-13-2007, 12:13 PM
One of these days you're going to relocate to Tampa aren't you? :smile:

It's Dankerific
09-13-2007, 12:19 PM

Would you be complaining this loud if the Sox were going to the playoffs???

Oh wait... Raising ticket prices THEN would make some sense.

itsnotrequired
09-13-2007, 12:41 PM

Are you honestly surprised? They sure weren't going to lower prices and "staying pat" is a loss.

DumpJerry
09-13-2007, 02:22 PM
It's 3%, not 30%. The price of milk goes up more than 3% in a week. Gas goes up more than 3% in a day. 3% is nothing, really.

Etownsox13
09-13-2007, 03:30 PM
It's 3%, not 30%. The price of milk goes up more than 3% in a week. Gas goes up more than 3% in a day. 3% is nothing, really.

3% is the rate of inflation

MCHSoxFan
09-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Where did you hear this? Isn't this a total departure from even the pre WS days? I thought you had to be a FS ticket holder to get into the premium lower box area?

My rep told me. The renwel fourm is really weird. Pretty much, you tell them wear you want to sit and then you get the seats closest to that area. For example, on the fourm you can put down that you want to sit closer to the plate, 1B, 3B, ETC.

PRETTY NICE!!! :D:

chisoxmike
09-13-2007, 04:17 PM
My rep told me. The renwel fourm is really weird. Pretty much, you tell them wear you want to sit and then you get the seats closest to that area. For example, on the fourm you can put down that you want to sit closer to the plate, 1B, 3B, ETC.

How have you seen it? What if you don't want to relocate after you see where they would put you? Can you say no to the relation then?

You give us little information and expect people to fill the rest in. Details. Details.

DumpJerry
09-13-2007, 04:19 PM

How have you seen it? What if you don't want to relocate after you see where they would put you? Can you say no to the relation then?

You give us little information and expect people to fill the rest in. Details. Details.
I was wondering the same thing. Also, could you please proof read your post and use the spell check button (MCH)?

jenn2080
09-13-2007, 04:35 PM

Yeah well for a broke college student being my brother 3% is a lot. But thanks for the economical numbers....thank god I do not have a car. Who knew it went up 3% in a day.

jenn2080
09-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Would you be complaining this loud if the Sox were going to the playoffs???

Oh wait... Raising ticket prices THEN would make some sense.

I am not really complaining this loud. It isnt like I pulled a chisoxmike and added a million :angry:. It isnt like I am saying I am not getting my tickets next year.

It just sucks to have to now pay more after this extremely ****ty season.

Are you honestly surprised? They sure weren't going to lower prices and "staying pat" is a loss.

Not really and obviously I did not expect them to lower the prices...although it would be nice if it was like buy one get one free after the **** that was out on the field this year.

chisoxmike
09-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah well for a broke college student being my brother 3% is a lot. But thanks for the economical numbers....thank god I do not have a car. Who knew it went up 3% in a day.

Some people don't realize that even though someone may have ST, they may not be able to afford them, but get them out of love for the Sox and the love of going to games.

I ****ing DRAIN my funds when its time to renew, I can't afford it. But I still spend the $$$ because I'm a die-hard fan of this team and find nothing better than going to Sox games during the summer.

So yeah, 3% may not be much, but it adds up after a while, and every little increase counts.

jenn2080
09-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Some people don't realize that even though someone may have ST, they may not be able to afford them, but get them out of love for the Sox and the love of going to games.

I ****ing DRAIN my funds when its time to renew, I can't afford it. But I still spend the $$$ because I'm a die-hard fan of this team and find nothing better than going to Sox games during the summer.

So yeah, 3% may not be much, but it adds up after a while, and every little increase counts.

Well said Mike. My brother takes extra out from his student loans to pay for his season tickets.

dickallen15
09-13-2007, 05:02 PM
I heard it would be $1-3 on each ticket which for the majority of seats is more than 3%.

jenn2080
09-13-2007, 05:03 PM
I heard it would be $1-3 on each ticket which for the majority of seats is more than 3%.

Come on. It is not like it is 30%

pdimas
09-13-2007, 05:04 PM
We are gonna renew as well. My dad wants to move to the third base side. I don't know what we are going to do.

anewman35
09-13-2007, 05:38 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad for people who spend money they can't afford and then complain about it. Would I love to have season tickets? Sure. But I can't afford it, so I don't. It's not the Sox fault if you can't afford the tickets they're offering. You are not somehow a better fan because you're fiscially irresponsable.

The Dude
09-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Well said Mike. My brother takes extra out from his student loans to pay for his season tickets.

As do I. I don't think twice about doing it. However, my season ticket partner complains daily about paying for tickets and he has a full time job.:rolleyes:

The Dude
09-13-2007, 05:42 PM
We are gonna renew as well. My dad wants to move to the third base side. I don't know what we are going to do.

Hey you need to update your location. You moved from Old Town a while ago!:D:

Ragator43
09-13-2007, 05:49 PM
As someone who hasn't had the opportunity to own season tickets before but plans to next year, can someone break down the payment schedule? Are they the same no matter what plan you get or do they vary? I know I can call the a rep whenever I need to but I just wanted to hear what it's like from a fan's perspective.

itsnotrequired
09-13-2007, 05:54 PM

Now that you mention that, I recall hearing that as well. A 3% increase doesn't make much sense. I'm in Upper Reserve and the regular ticket price was $11. So it would be $11.33 in 2008? No way. My regular ticket in 2006 was $9 and now it is $11 so I would imagine it will be at least $12 next season (and I wouldn't be surprised if it is $13).

Ticket prices will probably increase 20% or so.

Dump is right that a 3% increase is essentially nothing (i.e. go out to dinner one less time and you have it covered) but it will not be that small.

anewman35
09-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Now that you mention that, I recall hearing that as well. A 3% increase doesn't make much sense. I'm in Upper Reserve and the regular ticket price was $11. So it would be $11.33 in 2008? No way. My regular ticket in 2006 was $9 and now it is $11 so I would imagine it will be at least $12 next season (and I wouldn't be surprised if it is $13).

Ticket prices will probably increase 20% or so.

Dump is right that a 3% increase is essentially nothing (i.e. go out to dinner one less time and you have it covered) but it will not be that small.

There's a chance that some tickets will be a buck or two more, and others won't increase at all, which could average out at 3%.

itsnotrequired
09-13-2007, 06:19 PM
There's a chance that some tickets will be a buck or two more, and others won't increase at all, which could average out at 3%.

I find it hard to believe that there are certain tickets that will not increase in price next year. Every seat and every price level (Prime, Premier, etc.) will increase.

chisoxmike
09-13-2007, 06:21 PM
You are not somehow a better fan because you're fiscially irresponsable.
Did I say I was?

skobabe8
09-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Did I say I was?

Yes. You think you're better than everyone. Frankly, i'm tired of it.

Brian26
09-13-2007, 08:07 PM

And then you find yourself on the ticket exchange halfway through the season selling the tickets, that you already can't afford, for pennies on the dollar because the team sucks :D:

JB98
09-13-2007, 08:12 PM
And then you find yourself on the ticket exchange halfway through the season selling the tickets, that you already can't afford, for pennies on the dollar because the team sucks :D:

That's what I'm worried about: That we'll be really bad again next year. I can afford to go to about 20 games a year, so I get the 27-game plan. The last couple years, I've had no trouble selling off the extra games. This year, it's been a little more of a problem, and it has created a little strain on my budget.

As long as we are a competitive team, and people want tickets to Sox games, I can afford a season-ticket package. If we sink into the abyss, I may have to give it up, even though I don't want to.

If that makes any sense.

Brian26
09-13-2007, 08:16 PM
If that makes any sense.

It makes sense.

What I'm seeing now, through talking with people I know who are existing season ticket holders, is a lot of people who will be joining up and buying into each other's plans (in the better seat locations) and giving up the poorer seats, effectively still being season ticket holders but going to fewer games.

ChiSoxGirl
09-13-2007, 08:54 PM
One of these days you're going to relocate to Tampa aren't you? :smile:

Eh, you never know.... And really, could you blame me if I did?! :wink: :cool:

DumpJerry
09-13-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm in the lower Box (dugouts to foul poles). My lowest price ticket this year is $29 (the green games on the schedule), my most expensive non-Cubs ticket is $38.00 (maroon games on the schedule). The mid-range tickets (mustard on the schedule) are $33.

With a 3% increase, the $29 ticket would be $29.87, the $38 ticket would be $39.14 and the $33 ticket would become $33.99.

I'd say your math is a bit off on the high side. A $100 ticket with a 3% increase would come to a $3 increase. A $33 ticket with a 3% increase would come to a $1 increase. Not sure if there are any $100 tickets for ST holders since we get a discount from the Box Office price and the Box office does not have any $100 tickets. The Scout Seats and Jim Beam club are already over $200.

WizardsofOzzie
09-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Eh, you never know.... And really, could you blame me if I did?! :wink: :cool:
I guess not, but then you'd be on the Tampa boards asking everyone who's going to Chicago :smile:

soxfan80
09-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Where did you hear this? Isn't this a total departure from even the pre WS days? I thought you had to be a FS ticket holder to get into the premium lower box area?you could still buy club lewvel tix in 27 game plans in 2005.

but with the expected MASSIVE drop off in st sales, i'm not suprise dpremium lower box will be up for sale in a partial plan.

jenn2080
09-14-2007, 09:42 AM
As do I. I don't think twice about doing it. However, my season ticket partner complains daily about paying for tickets and he has a full time job.:rolleyes:

Come on now Joe, he is a home owner now.....and also a chronic complainer:smile:

I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad for people who spend money they can't afford and then complain about it. Would I love to have season tickets? Sure. But I can't afford it, so I don't. It's not the Sox fault if you can't afford the tickets they're offering. You are not somehow a better fan because you're fiscially irresponsable.

Pretty positive that no one said we were better fans.

RealFan
09-14-2007, 04:12 PM
you could still buy club lewvel tix in 27 game plans in 2005.

but with the expected MASSIVE drop off in st sales, i'm not suprise dpremium lower box will be up for sale in a partial plan.

My ticket rep said this was pure speculation as they haven't even processed renewals yet. He also said he doubted that any premium lower boxes would be part of a partial season ticket package.

russ99
09-14-2007, 04:19 PM
My ticket rep said this was pure speculation as they haven't even processed renewals yet. He also said he doubted that any premium lower boxes would be part of a partial season ticket package.

That's the same hooey they told us last year.

I got two for the Ozzie Plan and almost all my games this year were in the upper deck, top rows (still nice seats - between the bases) all because they were saving lower deck seats for those partial season plans.

I could have gotten single game tickets in the lower deck when they went on sale for the all the same games except for the Cubs & Red Sox, and I can't stand those crowds.

I won't be doing an Ozzie Plan next year, but I will pick up the same number of games, if not more, when single game ticket sales start up.

RealFan
09-14-2007, 04:24 PM
That's the same hooey they told us last year.

I got two for the Ozzie Plan and almost all my games this year were in the upper deck, top rows (still nice seats - between the bases) all because they were saving lower deck seats for those partial season plans.

I could have gotten single game tickets in the lower deck when they went on sale for the all the same games except for the Cubs & Red Sox, and I can't stand those crowds.

I won't be doing an Ozzie Plan next year, but I will pick up the same number of games, if not more, when single game ticket sales start up.

Guess I'm too naive. :redneck