PDA

View Full Version : *Official* It's finally over 9/10 postgame

chisoxmike
09-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Meh.

itsnotrequired, Chips + 1, and I tried to stay as long as we could. We left at 11:00 when the rain started to come down harder and assumed it was a matter of time before the game was called. To my surprise when I got home, game still going on. Not to my surprise, the Indians scored two more runs.

JB98
09-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Meh. I wouldn't have objected if they had just called the game after seven innings. I'm surprised it took them that long to bring the tarp out. The field conditions were pretty lousy through the middle innings.

ZombieRob
09-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Meh.

itsnotrequired, Chips + 1, and I tried to stay as long as we could. We left at 11:00 when the rain started to come down harder and assumed it was a matter of time before the game was called. To my surprise when I got home, game still going on. Not to my surprise, the Indians scored two more runs.
So sad,they seem to play the central tough.usually give the Indians a tough time it seems until late in games.Hopefully next year,it's a diffrent story and outcome.

areilly
09-11-2007, 01:32 AM
I was going to go, and wish I had if only to say I was one of the fewer than 100 people that actually saw the outcome.

Did anyone here make it to the end? And how dead was it at the park?

LITTLE NELL
09-11-2007, 06:23 AM
Inching closer and closer to worst record in MLB. Who would have thunk it?

DumpJerry
09-11-2007, 06:57 AM
Homefish.

downstairs
09-11-2007, 08:24 AM

Inching? We're there:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070911&type=reg&br=9&year=2007&order=false&st=2

The Immigrant
09-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Gavin Floyd was impressive tonight and he almost cost us a game in the Pedro Alvarez Sweepstakes. Luckily our offense decided to take the night off, our defense at 3B came through with a key error, and our manager once again insisted on using Mike Myers in a close game. This loss was a definite team effort.

PatK
09-11-2007, 09:33 AM
How many more times do we need to see Cintron or Gonzalez for Ozzie to realize that neither one of them is capable of being anything other than an average backup player?

kittle42
09-11-2007, 10:10 AM
How many more times do we need to see Cintron or Gonzalez for Ozzie to realize that neither one of them is capable of being anything other than an average backup player?

Who else are you going to play there right now? I think they realize it (at least in Cintron's case - they seem to have a thing for Gonzalez, but that will shrivel up soon enough).

oeo
09-11-2007, 10:12 AM

I'm pretty sure they realize that they're backup players, but in order to get both Fields and Crede on the roster next year, Fields has to move elsewhere. Therefore we have a black hole at third for the rest of the year. Does it really matter, at this point, that Cintron and Gonzalez are playing? :?: It's not like they're fighting for the 2008 third baseman job.

PatK
09-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Who else are you going to play there right now? I think they realize it (at least in Cintron's case - they seem to have a thing for Gonzalez, but that will shrivel up soon enough).

I'd stick with one or the other.

At this point in his career, we pretty much know what we're getting with Alex.

I'd rather see one guy stinking it up than two.

The Immigrant
09-11-2007, 10:37 AM
At this point in his career, we pretty much know what we're getting with Alex.

He at least gets an occasional hit here and there and is batting .350 in September. The other clown has one hit in twenty ABs this month. Really, what could we possibly learn about Angel Gonzales over the next couple of weeks that we don't know already?

Then again, if we are to win the Pedro Alvarez Sweepstakes we need Gonzales out there every day.

SoxSpeed22
09-11-2007, 11:09 AM
We'll just have to bite the gag for 3rd base for the rest of the year because there's really no one else, and what are those things that dropped in Floyd's pants? Those have never been there before.

itsnotrequired
09-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Meh.

Hey, I was at the game!

Sig update time...

Dan Mega
09-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey, I was at the game!

Sig update time...

I was there too. I tried to hit INR with a peanut but ended up hitting ChiSoxMike instead.

Switch Fields and Gonzalez position wise.

kittle42
09-11-2007, 12:34 PM
I was there too. I tried to hit INR with a peanut but ended up hitting ChiSoxMike instead.

Switch Fields and Gonzalez position wise.

Don't you think that would be pretty silly given the plan to play Fields in LF next season?

Foulke You
09-11-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm surprised how horrible Myers has been for us so far. I don't think he has had one good outing yet. I know he was struggling against lefties this year but his E.R.A. wasn't too bad. Was he really pitching this bad in NY?

Nixey 02
09-11-2007, 12:57 PM
I was going to go, and wish I had if only to say I was one of the fewer than 100 people that actually saw the outcome.

Did anyone here make it to the end? And how dead was it at the park?

I somehow made it to the bitter end. There were well under 200 fans at the end. There were more than a few moments of dead silence - very weird for a game at such a large venue. The sad thing was listening to the handful of boisterous Indian fans out-heckle (and out-cheer) us home team fans.

Sportscaster17
09-11-2007, 01:10 PM
I stayed up until the end watching and I have to say I'm glad I did. I thoroughly enjoyed the back and forth heckling going on at the game which showed up CLEARLY on the television crowd mics!

Also, I'm an Indians fan but you guys EASILY have the best PA announcer in the game. It was so funny to hear Gene's booming voice just RATTLE around the park that early in the morning; as excited as he would be for a playoff game.

itsnotrequired
09-11-2007, 01:26 PM
TBGR

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3484

salty99
09-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I somehow made it to the bitter end. There were well under 200 fans at the end. There were more than a few moments of dead silence - very weird for a game at such a large venue. The sad thing was listening to the handful of boisterous Indian fans out-heckle (and out-cheer) us home team fans.

That is truly impressive. I watched innings 1 and 2 from my seats then the rest of the game from the bullpen sports bar. We eventually left around 10:45. Comcast keeps saying they counted 187 fans left in the park after the rain delay.

skottyj242
09-11-2007, 02:16 PM
I was chillin out man and relaxin all cool in a skybox but still left after they put the tarp on. I got home and was in bed and fell asleep watching "The Last Temptation of Christ." I didn't even know they resumed the game until this morning.

I did get a nice text message from itsnotrequired saying: 548 forever. The upstairs was rowdy last night. I could have sworn I saw some bozo Cleveland fans (one of them was in a suit no less) passing a bottle of booze around.

Tragg
09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Another fine game from Floyd. That makes 7/10 and 5/6 for the much maligned (unfairly) Floyd.

On the other hand, Meyers continues to prove that he's the Cintron of the bullpen. Keep giving hack veterans, who've never been better than mediocre and usually are worse, chance after chance after chance, while young players wallow.

Dan Mega
09-11-2007, 04:22 PM
I did get a nice text message from itsnotrequired saying: 548 forever. The upstairs was rowdy last night. I could have sworn I saw some bozo Cleveland fans (one of them was in a suit no less) passing a bottle of booze around.

Those guys were annoying the heck outta me. Especially the guy that snuck in his own beer.

kitekrazy
09-11-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm surprised how horrible Myers has been for us so far. I don't think he has had one good outing yet. I know he was struggling against lefties this year but his E.R.A. wasn't too bad. Was he really pitching this bad in NY?

Yes. The Yankees weren't exactly blessed with pitching. How many times does he have to go out there before he gets the HE SUCKS label from Ozzie.

itsnotrequired
09-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Those guys were annoying the heck outta me. Especially the guy that snuck in his own beer.

I choked all non-believers.

Chips
09-12-2007, 08:38 AM

And that jagbag who brought in a bottle of Brandy acting like a fool. I'm staying in 518 from now on, those people are the third base side are too wild for me.