PDA

View Full Version : Offical Down with Twins (Sickness) once again 9-8 postgame thread

jdm2662
09-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Didn't see one posted, so I thought, why not. Two in a row against the Twins is always nice.

LITTLE NELL
09-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Salary and job security drive is on.

MarySwiss
09-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Didn't see one posted, so I thought, why not. Two in a row against the Twins is always nice.
And a sweep would be even sweeter! Especially as it would drive those psycho Twins fans even closer to the edge. (Ma-gaga, please take a pill. This is not directed at you.)

The Immigrant
09-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Uribe has changed his batting stance. Seems to be working.

chisoxfanatic
09-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Always nice beating the Twins.

oeo
09-08-2007, 08:03 PM

We've seen this story before. Uribe changes his stance/becomes more patient/whatever...it only lasts for a few weeks, tops.

GlassSox
09-08-2007, 08:15 PM

Great at bats today by Juan. Good game other than the brain fart going to 3rd.

ShoelessJoeS
09-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Always nice beating the Twins.I couldn't agree more.

JB98
09-08-2007, 10:02 PM
The White Sox improve to 7-10 with me in attendance this season. A long day at the park, but it ended well.

Great job by Pierzynski and Thome to deliver clutch hits off a left-handed relief pitcher in the seventh. MacDougal and Thornton protected the lead nicely. I'm sure Jenks needed a day off after throwing two innings Friday night, and this was a rare one-run victory achieved without Bobby's services.

Only negative: Contreras' stuff was flat. Velocity down, not much command. Discouraging outing from him, but a great job by the team to overcome a couple of multi-run deficits.

Grzegorz
09-08-2007, 10:10 PM

Great; just as long as it is 'working' for another team next year.

Brian26
09-08-2007, 10:47 PM
The White Sox improve to 7-10 with me in attendance this season. A long day at the park, but it ended well.

Great job by Pierzynski and Thome to deliver clutch hits off a left-handed relief pitcher in the seventh. MacDougal and Thornton protected the lead nicely. I'm sure Jenks needed a day off after throwing two innings Friday night, and this was a rare one-run victory achieved without Bobby's services.

Only negative: Contreras' stuff was flat. Velocity down, not much command. Discouraging outing from him, but a great job by the team to overcome a couple of multi-run deficits.

Glad you had a good time at the park. I was able to finally get my attendance record back to .500 today.

Watching Contreras is just painful in person because he's so methodical. These September games are brutal in terms of time since most teams have extra guys in the bullpen and aren't afraid to use them and play match-ups frequently.

Between 6:30pm on Friday and 6:30pm on Saturday, I was at the park for a cumulative nine hours.

Richar impresses me more and more. In the run down play (even though it never should have happened), he made a nice recovery and gave the trailing runners a chance to advance to 2nd and 3rd as he was in the pickel.

It was cool to see AJ so clutch against the lefty after they made the pitching chance. I think it was the first pitch, no less, too.

itsnotrequired
09-08-2007, 11:10 PM
My wife decided to go last minute and we brought the kids with. A fun game for the throwd yung playas. Also, I attended this game with Horsemaster Fred. He appreciated the birthday wishes.:D:

Sig update time...

GoSox2K3
09-09-2007, 12:01 AM

My fear is that KW and Ozzie come away from a few good offensive games by Uribe thinking the same thing.

TDog
09-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Remember when the Twins had a good bullpen?

The Sox are going down this year. There's nothing we can do about it. It would be nice if they could take the Twins with them.

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Between 6:30pm on Friday and 6:30pm on Saturday, I was at the park for a cumulative nine hours.
They really should give us season ticket holders time cards to "swipe in" and "swipe out" whenever we're at the ballpark and put us on Payroll! :cool:

We REALLY shouldn't be expecting much of anything from Contreras, guys! That outing didn't surprise me one bit. Haven't you seen enough to gather this?

DumpJerry
09-09-2007, 01:23 AM
They really should give us season ticket holders time cards to "swipe in" and "swipe out" whenever we're at the ballpark and put us on Payroll! :cool:
Is that so they can penalize ST holders who decide to leave early just because the Sox are losing the game?

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Is that so they can penalize ST holders who decide to leave early just because the Sox are losing the game?
Nope. Instead, to reward us for sitting through some of the worst baseball in the history of the franchise.

TheOldRoman
09-09-2007, 01:57 AM
We've seen this story before. Uribe changes his stance/becomes more patient/whatever...it only lasts for a few weeks, tops.
Yes, but generally it is because Greg Walker says "You are doing good now, but lets tweak things to see if we can get you to hit for more power."

Nellie_Fox
09-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Yes, but generally it is because Greg Walker says "You are doing good now, but lets tweak things to see if we can get you to hit for more power."And you know that to be a fact how? Or is it just something you made up so you can get in a Walker dig?