PDA

View Full Version : *Official* "Let's Go-Go-Go White Sox" 9/7/07 Postgame Thread

Viva Medias B's
09-08-2007, 12:41 AM
:Rocker:Way to go!

voodoochile
09-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Okay, maybe they care just a little?

:supernana:

SoxSpeed22
09-08-2007, 12:42 AM
The tragic number is still 1, depending on Cleveland tonight.
Taking the Twins and Tigers down with us will be worth it though.

jfinsocal
09-08-2007, 12:42 AM
If nothing else this will make it hard for the Twins to sleep tonight.

CHISOXFAN13
09-08-2007, 12:45 AM
That was damn fun to watch.

The Immigrant
09-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Great come-from-behind victory against my least favorite team. I don't care if we're 30 games below .500, I hate losing to Morneau and Gardenhire.

October26
09-08-2007, 12:46 AM
I was glad to see the Sox come back in this game. Nice win! How about Heath Phillips move to first base? Awesome! :bandance:

The Immigrant
09-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Congratulations to Heath Phillips on his first MLB victory.

:bandance:

chisoxmike
09-08-2007, 12:48 AM
:rolling:

Meaningless? Sure. Awesome? **** YEA!

**** THE TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the mist of a **** season, beating the **** out of the Twins like this is priceless!

YOU LIKE THAT TIMBERWOLF???? :dtroll::dtroll::dtroll::dtroll:

BadBobbyJenks
09-08-2007, 12:48 AM
wish I could say I watched the game

Woofer
09-08-2007, 12:49 AM
I almost turned the game off after the top of the 9th, I'm glad I stuck with it. This was one of our most exciting wins of the year!:D:

Tragg
09-08-2007, 12:49 AM
That was great - 6 in the bottom of the 9th.

Nice return for Terrero.

UserNameBlank
09-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Finally.

I forgot what it feels like to watch your hometown baseball team overcome adversity and win a game.

Great win even though meaningless. Nice work by Myers, Broadway, Jenks, and Phillips especially.

Nellie_Fox
How about Heath Phillips move to first base?You mean other than it being a balk? :tongue:

Blyleven was comparing Phillips to Buehrle.

RadioheadRocks
That was insane... glad we got the W after all that!

esbrechtel
I LOVED Pods' slap hit to short...that was a thing of beauty

peeonwrigley
09-08-2007, 12:55 AM
You mean other than it being a balk? :tongue:

Blyleven was comparing Phillips to Buehrle.

I thought he balked, too. And I thought it wasn't even close. But I'm not complaining...

rowand33
09-08-2007, 12:56 AM
crazy game. Congrats to Heath Phillips on his first MLB victory.

WhiteSox5187
09-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Ah! I didn't watch it! I feel so cheated!! I saw we were losing and figured "Ah, this game is over." Always great to beat the Twins!!!

slavko
09-08-2007, 01:13 AM
I almost turned the game off after the top of the 9th, I'm glad I stuck with it. This was one of our most exciting wins of the year!:D:

The only reason I kept it on was to see if Richar and Cintron got booed after their fielding adventures in the top 9th. Thanks to Gardenhire for bringing in whatsisname and being arrogant enough to leave him in there because he had the invincible Nathan waiting when it got close.

voodoochile
09-08-2007, 01:18 AM

With the score 10-4 I did turn it off. Then when I got back to the computer later I checked to see the final and was pleasantly surprised to see the game was still going and the Sox had just tied it up. Lucky me...

cleanwsox
09-08-2007, 01:21 AM
Gotta love beating the Twins. Although at the bar I was at, seems like they care as much as we do about baseball right now. :smile:

chisoxfanatic
09-08-2007, 01:33 AM
:rolling:

Meaningless? Sure. Awesome? **** YEA!

**** THE TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the mist of a **** season, beating the **** out of the Twins like this is priceless!

YOU LIKE THAT TIMBERWOLF???? :dtroll::dtroll::dtroll::dtroll:

Did you give up on going to games this year??? I haven't seen you up there for about half the games! You missed a dandy.

Just got back from the game, definitely the #2 game of the year for my personal attendance (next to, of course, the Buehrle no-hitter). Thome did a great job in sliding into second base to pull the fielder off the bag, allowing the bases to be loaded with one out instead of runners at the corners and two out in that final inning.

I never thought they'd come back after surrendering six runs in the top of the nineth. Unreal! To be honest with you, the fireworks after the game was the only thing keeping me there!

Honorable mention: I *think* I saw bafiarocks in 148 around rows 3 or 4.

itsnotrequired
09-08-2007, 01:34 AM
chisoxmike sux.:redneck

My band of merry men left in the 9th. I stayed on and reaped the rewards.

Sig update time...

chisoxfanatic
09-08-2007, 01:37 AM
I'll add this, if you get out to the ballpark in the near future, look at the Lasalle Bank billboard in right field. They have the Thome Tracker on that board.

GlassSox
09-08-2007, 01:38 AM
Wow, I'm glad I watched this game. It was great to get excited about Sox baseball again.

chisoxfanatic
09-08-2007, 01:48 AM
I must make one more comment...There were Twins fans, who conveniently left after taking a 10-4 lead into the bottom of the nineth, that started a "**** Chicago!" chant! I was appalled!!!

TDog
09-08-2007, 01:52 AM
Good thing the Sox have a better bullpen than the Twins. They did tonight anyway.

The Twins took a one-run lead into the bottom of the seventh and squandered it for blown save No. 1. After the Twins piled it on the Sox in the ninth, the Twins had to allow enough runs to score for Nathan to be eligible for a save. And he still managed to lose the lead for blown save No. 2. The Twins will probably finish below .500, but it was a great win, nonetheless.

When I go to baseball games, I never leave early. People who left early tonight missed their chance to see something they've probably never seen before, certainly something they didn't expect to see from the Sox this year.

JohnnyInnsbrook
09-08-2007, 01:56 AM
I'm just getting back from that amazing game.... I took my mom for her birthday and ended up catching Rondell White's HR in section 160. Ill try and take pictures and post them in the morning.

Nellie_Fox
09-08-2007, 01:56 AM
People who left early tonight missed their chance to see something they've probably never seen before, certainly something they didn't expect to see from the Sox this year.It's something no one has ever seen before. Both Fox Sports North and BBTN have said that it's the first time in MLB history that two teams entered the ninth tied, the visiting team scored at least six runs, and the home team answered back to tie.

sox1970
09-08-2007, 02:05 AM
I must make one more comment...There were Twins fans, who conveniently left after taking a 10-4 lead into the bottom of the nineth, that started a "**** Chicago!" chant! I was appalled!!!

Math teacher? I'm appalled.

TDog
09-08-2007, 02:10 AM
It's something no one has ever seen before. Both Fox Sports North and BBTN have said that it's the first time in MLB history that two teams entered the ninth tied, the visiting team scored at least six runs, and the home team answered back to tie.

Does this make up for the Aug. 2 win when the White Sox scored eight runs in the second and the Yankees answered with eight second-inning runs of their own? Not that I complain about any win.

hi im skot
09-08-2007, 02:27 AM
Wow.

Went with my sister tonight. Started in the 20th row of section 533 until the Chevy Pride Crew came and brought us down to Section 131 right behind the Scout Seats. If you were at the game and saw a couple of jackasses on the jumbotron awkwardly waving at the camera, that was us. Thanks Coldwell Banker!

What a game. If the free upgrade wasn't enough, we saw a killer comeback. Props to the bullpen (save Boone Logan); MacDougal had some bad luck with poor defense behind him.

In a season that we haven't had a whole heck of a lot to cheer about, this was one of the sweetest wins of the year.

DumpJerry
09-08-2007, 02:43 AM
I had a real live Homefish sitting next to me at the game. He could not say anything positive about anyone on the Sox. I'm sure he would have criticized Thome's haircut he was so negative. Well, halfway through the top of the Ninth, he said "I'm gone. Driving back to the northwest suburbs." I was glad he left so I could enjoy the game. Laughed at the thought of him driving home during the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th innings thinking about what schmuck he was for leaving early.

The ironic thing was that after the 8th ended and the score was tied, he and I could not understand why so many people headed for the exits of a tied game. Didn't they pay to see a complete baseball game?

I was coming up with various titles for the postgame thread (which I could not obviously start since I was there and not on my computer). Names included:
"Our Bullpen is slightly better than yours postgame thread"
"The Yogi Berra it's not over until it's over postgame thread"
"the like Basketball, it's the final minutes that are worth watching postgame thread"

IlliniSox4Life
09-08-2007, 03:48 AM
I didn't watch the game, but watching the highlights on the Sox' site, it's nice to hear Hawk excited again. Heck, it was nice to see the team get a bunch of slap hits to come back. It was nice for the fans who stuck around to get something exciting.

In a meaningless season, it is nice to have some games like this. This is somewhere in #5-#10 on the best moments of the season (Buehrle's no hitter and Jenks' streak being 1 and 2, and I'm sure there will be a few more in there above it I can't think of.)

Railsplitter
09-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Let's dance
:bandance:

wassagstdu
09-08-2007, 07:51 AM
That should end the debate about this team: they may stink, but they are not quitters. I laughed in the ninth when Hawk said "There's another Sox nemesis in the bullpen" just as the camera switched to MacDougal warming up.

soxfanreggie
09-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Great comeback!

cheezheadsoxfan
09-08-2007, 08:51 AM
I got out of work at 10, turned on the radio just in time for Fields double. By the time I got home I was the most excited I've been this year since Mark's no-hitter. Fun to feel that again.

When they didn't win it in the 9th I got a little down but they came thru.:bandance:

Beating the Twins is the best.

southside rocks
09-08-2007, 09:18 AM
I came out of a Leon Redbone concert a little after 10, thought 'I wonder how much the Sox lost by this time', turned on the radio -- and then couldn't turn it off until AJ poked that hit through the infield at almost midnight.

I still love White Sox baseball -- when they play baseball. And they played baseball last night! :bandance:

MCHSoxFan
09-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Holy Crap!!! I Was There And I Could Not Believe What I Was Seeing!!!! First, The Sox Tie It Up At 4. Then, The Baaaad Stuff. Then, The Sox Score 6 Runs To Re-tie It Up At 10. Then, Aj, My Favorite Player, Get's An Rbi Single And Wins It 11 To 10!!!!

Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also- Jim Thome Actually Got Base Hits And Another Homerun!!!

That Thome Tracker Was Partially My Idea. I Pitched It To Brooks.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!

Jerko
09-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Man the top of that 9th inning encompassed everything I hate about White Sox baseball this year (bad d, awful bullpen and bullpen management, even SEEING Rondell White, etc.), but it is always nice to beat those ****in Twins even though they aren't going anywhere anyway. So we score 8 and give up 8 to the Yanks, now we give up 6 and score 6 vs. the Twins. 2 crazy innings in an otherwise dull year. Won both of em too.

Bucky F. Dent
09-08-2007, 10:44 AM
In the words of the great Darren Pang, "HOLY JUMPIN!"

I called it a night after they hung six on us in the top of the 9th thinking it was over. It was only this morning when I got my postgame e-mail that I found out they had won.

WHAT A COMEBACK!

That's the perfect example of why I still love this team and this game, even when the boys are over twenty games out.

WHAT A GAME!

chisoxmike
09-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Did you give up on going to games this year??? I haven't seen you up there for about half the games! You missed a dandy.

Yeah I know I did. It's a shame I sold my tickets for this game becuase I hate the Twins with a passion and I would've loved to be apart of this one.

I didn't give up on going to game, but if people want to buy some tickets, so be it. I can use some extra cash right now. Like tonight, my tickets sold to a guy who was taking his son to his first Sox game. So, I thought, I've been to enough games, they can have mine. I'll be in my seats a few more times before the season is over. I've got some other games in different locations too.

FarWestChicago
09-08-2007, 11:54 AM
chisoxmike sux.:redneck

My band of merry men left in the 9th. I stayed on and reaped the rewards.

Sig update time...This is why you are a legend. :cool:

jdm2662
09-08-2007, 12:17 PM
I actually watched some of the game. We left Lombard in the bottom of the 8th. We then headed to Forest Park. The game is still on, and we learn they are down 10-4. :o: We watched the whole ninth inning comeback in the bar, and the rest of the game. The game is meaningless, but any victory over the Twins works for me.

Chicken Dinner
09-08-2007, 01:03 PM
It was a great comeback......too bad Doogie and Boone ****ed it up to begin with.

russ99
09-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Man, that was great. Best Sox game I've been to all season. :D:

That makes up for that awful doubleheader loss to the Twins earlier this season.

Best part was all the sullen Twinkie fans on the train back to downtown. :tongue: No, maybe it was the fireworks. I almost didn't go, but it was so worth it.

Now if only Jimmy gets to 500 HRs during the last game I'm going to this season next Friday for halfway to St. Pats.

BTW: Andy Gonzalez has no business playing 3B. Please Ozzie, put our only third baseman, Fields back at his usual position.

Nellie_Fox
09-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Best part was all the sullen Twinkie fans on the train back to downtown. I think that has been said about me in the past, wearing all my Sox gear on the light rail heading away from the Metrodome.

Brian26
09-09-2007, 11:31 AM
BTW: Andy Gonzalez has no business playing 3B. Please Ozzie, put our only third baseman, Fields back at his usual position.

After this weekend, it is clear that neither Gonzalez nor Cintron belong there.