PDA

View Full Version : Troy Glaus latest to be named in steroid probe

chaerulez
09-07-2007, 02:18 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/09/07/drug.probe/index.html

Not surprising. The steroid era really turned MLB basically into WWE.

getonbckthr
09-07-2007, 02:33 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/09/07/drug.probe/index.html

Not surprising. The steroid era really turned MLB basically into WWE.
Everone likes to tear up WWE well guess what its not just "wrasslin" its everywhere.

Mr. White Sox
09-07-2007, 03:09 PM
hooooo, boy. If this information is true, this is another semi-large name to be implicated (even circumstantially) in this ever-growing PED web. I wouldn't be surprised to hear players - names big or otherwise - from mostly every team mentioned in the coming years.

thomas35forever
09-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Glaus' integrity is now in jeopardy, so he better speak up and soon.

spiffie
09-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Every time more names come out I just keep waiting for the awful moment when one of "our guys" gets swept into it. I hope that day never comes.

Domeshot17
09-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Theres only a few of our guys I worry about. Thome is a guy who I could see because of his size. The golden son Aaron Rowand would have been my first guess (but he was a work out warrior too so who knows).

When it does happen, I hope its someone like Uribe or Gonzalez, someone who we can let go and it wont matter. We have to face it, someone between the 2005 and 2007 white sox probably at some point was on Steroids or HGH

The Racehorse
09-07-2007, 05:58 PM
What I said in the Ankiel thread applies to Glaus... just another drug user in MLB.

chaerulez
09-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Theres only a few of our guys I worry about. Thome is a guy who I could see because of his size. The golden son Aaron Rowand would have been my first guess (but he was a work out warrior too so who knows).

When it does happen, I hope its someone like Uribe or Gonzalez, someone who we can let go and it wont matter. We have to face it, someone between the 2005 and 2007 white sox probably at some point was on Steroids or HGH

Thome being one of the "good guys" in the game, it would suck if he was ever found to be a part of any steroid use. Rowand's power numbers have been inconsistent in the past few years. But I like him as well, so I hope he never gets named in anything either.

FarWestChicago
09-07-2007, 06:17 PM
hooooo, boy. If this information is true, this is another semi-large name to be implicated (even circumstantially) in this ever-growing PED web. I wouldn't be surprised to hear players - names big or otherwise - from mostly every team mentioned in the coming years.Welcome to reality. The shock will be those who didn't cheat.

The Racehorse
09-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Welcome to reality. The shock will be those who didn't cheat.

That's exactly how I see it.

FedEx227
09-07-2007, 06:45 PM
At this point, it doesn't even shock me anymore.

I, like many fans probably put a guilty until proven innocent tag on MLB players from 1990-Current.

getonbckthr
09-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I have a gut feeling on 2 guys, 1 of which currently wears our jersey. I won't throw out the names because that wouldn't be appropriate or fair to those ballplayers if they are clean.

FarWestChicago
09-07-2007, 11:11 PM
At this point, it doesn't even shock me anymore.

I, like many fans probably put a guilty until proven innocent tag on MLB players from 1990-Current.What else can you do? Those who were complicit and quiet...they have to suffer from their choice, too.

WhiteSox5187
09-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Thome being one of the "good guys" in the game, it would suck if he was ever found to be a part of any steroid use. Rowand's power numbers have been inconsistent in the past few years. But I like him as well, so I hope he never gets named in anything either.
Out of all the guys on our team, I think Thome is the most likely to be implicated. Although he has always been big, I have his rookie card and he's listed at 230 lbs. So that makes me hope he didn't do any of that stuff. As for Rowand, I have heard that mentioned before, but wasn't Rowand one of the leaders of the 2002 (or was it 2003?) team that said "We want tougher testing."

FedEx227
09-08-2007, 12:37 AM
What else can you do? Those who were complicit and quiet...they have to suffer from their choice, too.

Sad, really. When the most talking you do about your favorite sport, is who is the latest to be found cheating.

FarWestChicago
09-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Sad, really. When the most talking you do about your favorite sport, is who is the latest to be found cheating.You make a very strong point there. Very strong.