PDA

View Full Version : Keith Hernandez grumbles about working

Fenway
09-07-2007, 11:07 AM
He must go over big with the Mets blue collar fans

When Gary Cohen said that after the game the Mets have one scheduled road trip left, Hernandez made it sound as if it were his prison release date. "That's outstanding!" he said.

Just before that, Hernandez complained he "couldn't get anything to eat" in Cincinnati on Labor Day because, "The Morton's steakhouse was closed." How terribly sad.

Hernandez sounded too serious to be completely kidding. Regardless, that get-me-out-of-here stuff was better left to Phil Rizzuto, who made it a charming (and active) element of his on-air persona. And he didn't even pretend he didn't want to be there until he was on the job for 20 years.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09072007/sports/we_know__youre_keith_hernandez.htm

tstrike2000
09-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Just another pampered quasi celebrity-former athlete. If what you're doing for a living post baseball playing is too hard on you, either retire completely from everything and stay doing your bad mustache blackening commercials and shut up.

SOXPHILE
09-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I guess he needs more time to do beard and mustache coloring commercials with Walt Frazier. Further proof that cocaine does indeed damage the brain.

MUsoxfan
09-07-2007, 04:07 PM
That, my friends, is one magic loogie

mrfourni
09-07-2007, 04:12 PM
"I'm Keith Hernandez"

RadioheadRocks
09-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I've always thought Keith Hernandez was a prick of the highest magnitude from when I read in the old Baseball Hobby News about how he blew off a scheduled autograph signing appearance at a baseball card show. He was confronted about why he didn't attend and his direct quote was "because I didn't ****ing feel like it."

oeo
09-07-2007, 07:29 PM
That, my friends, is one magic loogie

That episode was just on today. :redneck

itsnotrequired
09-08-2007, 01:26 AM
I guess he needs more time to do beard and mustache coloring commercials with Walt Frazier. Further proof that cocaine does indeed damage the brain.

Carlton Fisk and Andre Dawson wait in the shadows, ready to pounce at any opportunity to corner the old-sports-guys-hawking-hair-coloring market.

twentywontowin
09-08-2007, 07:48 AM
I liked him better when he was on the blow.