PDA

View Full Version : Sweeney to the AFL, Sisco playing Winter Ball

Sockinchisox
09-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Sweeney is going to be on the Phoenix Desert Dogs of the AFL next month, and Sisco confirmed (if anyone cares) that he's going to play Winter Ball for Mexico.

The Immigrant
09-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Anderson and Sisco will be playing for Aquilas de Mexicali in Baja. All the top prospects will be playing in the AFL.

Sockinchisox
09-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Anderson and Sisco will be playing for Aquilas de Mexicali in Baja. All the top prospects will be playing in the AFL.

So can we start referring to Anderson as El Chupacabra?

The Immigrant
09-07-2007, 09:49 AM
So can we start referring to Anderson as El Chupacabra?

I'm sold. :thumbsup:

I thought for sure BA would find a way to spend his winter at Senor Frog's in Cancun, but I guess Mexicali will do for now.

California Sox
09-07-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm sold. :thumbsup:

I thought for sure BA would find a way to spend his winter at Senor Frog's in Cancun, but I guess Mexicali will do for now.

:redneck

RowanDye
09-09-2007, 09:16 PM

Should anything be inferred by this? Are Anderson and Sisco not good enough for the AFL?

munchman33
09-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Should anything be inferred by this? Are Anderson and Sisco not good enough for the AFL?

obviously.

Daver
09-09-2007, 09:23 PM

Neither of them are eligible.

munchman33
09-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Neither of them are eligible.

In what way? I was under the assumption that it was a refining league for any player above A ball an MLB team wants (and up to one player actually in A ball), and that they can send any six players, so long as they aren't from a country with an offseason baseball league. I know they go one by one filling roster spots, but if they really thought BA belonged there, he'd be there, right?

itsnotrequired
09-10-2007, 08:33 AM
In what way? I was under the assumption that it was a refining league for any player above A ball an MLB team wants (and up to one player actually in A ball), and that they can send any six players, so long as they aren't from a country with an offseason baseball league. I know they go one by one filling roster spots, but if they really thought BA belonged there, he'd be there, right?

Both Anderson and Sisco have over 1 year of MLB experience and neither are from the most recent Rule 5 draft, thus making them ineligible.

itsnotrequired
09-10-2007, 08:40 AM
As an aside, the following Sox players will be joining Sweeney on the Phoenix Desert Dogs:

- Dewon Day
- Jack Egbert
- Fernando Hernandez
- Adam Russell
- Donny Lucy
- Chris Getz

upperdeckusc
09-20-2007, 05:07 PM
does anyone know if fields will be playing winter ball to get more experience in the OF and get some more ab's to work on his stroke to cut down on the K's??

Sockinchisox
09-21-2007, 12:39 AM
does anyone know if fields will be playing winter ball to get more experience in the OF and get some more ab's to work on his stroke to cut down on the K's??

Instructional League, thats it. I think he said he didn't wanna play winter ball.

upperdeckusc
09-21-2007, 06:35 PM
What are the details of the Instructional League? How long does it run? Who else is in that league, etc?

esbrechtel
09-24-2007, 03:41 PM
sweeney is playing in the arena football league!?!?!

gosox41
09-25-2007, 11:34 PM
As an aside, the following Sox players will be joining Sweeney on the Phoenix Desert Dogs:

- Dewon Day
- Jack Egbert
- Fernando Hernandez
- Adam Russell
- Donny Lucy
- Chris Getz

Why is Day on that list? I don't ever want to see him pitch in a Sox uni again.

Bob

upperdeckusc
09-26-2007, 12:23 AM
haha agreed. i have absolutely no idea how he was so successful and compiled all those K's in double A. everytime i saw him, he was an abortion

rdivaldi
09-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Don't forget that Dewon was a 26 year old in AA, so he was facing guys regularly who were 2, 3, 4 even 5 years younger than him. His numbers at Birmingham were always fishy IMO. Sure he K'd a lot of guys, but he was also hittable without great control either.

Chipol
10-17-2007, 12:21 AM
It's five games into the season and Sisco and Anderson still aren't on the Mexicali roster. Do they typically not show up for awhile?

SouthSide2Ship
10-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Sweeney WILL be a solid Sox player in the near future. I'm guessing he will be starting in left on March 31, 2008.

upperdeckusc
10-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Sweeney WILL be a solid Sox player in the near future. I'm guessing he will be starting in left on March 31, 2008.

:bong:

i pray to god you simply forgot to add......."for the Charlotte Knights".....

CLR01
10-17-2007, 08:57 AM
It's five games into the season and Sisco and Anderson still aren't on the Mexicali roster. Do they typically not show up for awhile?

Anderson probably got lost in TJ, probably kidnapped Sisco and took him there.

kjhanson
10-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Anderson probably got lost in TJ, probably kidnapped Sisco and took him there.

That was shortly after he kicked my dog and stayed out late partying.