PDA

View Full Version : Offcial 9/6/2007 We lost again!

salty99
09-06-2007, 03:48 PM
3-2...ugh

kevingrt
09-06-2007, 03:49 PM
How can I still watch this team. By the way how badly did Cintron play that ball in the 9th?

salty99
09-06-2007, 03:50 PM
It was Richar who made the error.

QCIASOXFAN
I loved the diving attempt by Cintron at 3rd base when the tieing run scored.:rolleyes:

QCIASOXFAN
How can I still watch this team. By the way how badly did Cintron play that ball in the 9th?
Badly

SBSoxFan
09-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, can't really blame Bobby. Crap defense late, crap offense all game. Detroit's starter had a 4.75 ERA for cryin' out loud. :angry:

So much for playing the spoiler.

stl_sox_fan
Geographically Chicago is very far from Tampa Bay. In the AL standings....not so much.....

#6 for Bobby...ugh...

DumpJerry
Now the best we can hope for is a .500 finish.

chisoxmike
09-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Unreal. Two bull**** hits and we lose the game. Keeps in line how the season has gone.

Another thing... one thing that annoys me about Sox pitching is when the opposing team squares around to bunt while the pitcher is still walking around the ****ing mound, why do they throw the ball at the bat? Why to they basically let these guys advance the runners? It makes no sense and its something that has gone on too long with this team.

Also, I understand we are in last place, but Alex Cintron, ***? The Josh Fields in left experiment has got to end. Put Fields at 3B for the rest of the season.

PennStater98r
09-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Holy horse ****!

At least from the Cubicle was doing by Kelly Fallon-Wilson.... ;)

cleanwsox
09-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Inching closer and closer to that #1 pick.

Ugh, this year sucks.

downstairs
09-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Is that Tampa Bay creeping up behind us?

Nice.

Dick Allen
09-06-2007, 03:56 PM
And Ozzie continues to trot #$%&! Andy Gonzalez out there every day. Um, Ozzie, the man can't play worth a ****.:angry::angry::angry:

Gavin
09-06-2007, 03:56 PM
We really want that first pick!!

palehozenychicty
09-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Ugly, ugly finish. And that was from the Fox gameday ledger. :o:

I do like Wasserman, though, as he should get a shot to be in the BP rotation come spring. He did another good job in the eighth.

JB98
Man, not a single ball hit hard in that ninth inning. Not a single ball hit in the air. And they score two runs. Both Richar and Cintron had chances to make a play for Bobby. They both choked. Richar's play was tough, but a big leaguer makes that play. No excuse for Cintron.

Our infield gets this blown save in my book. Not Jenks' fault.

I feel terribly for Buehrle. He continues to compete, continues to pitch well. Two strong games on this trip, and his teammates have screwed him out of wins both times.

It's like God hates us this season. It's unreal how we continue to find ways to lose.

Foulke You
The elusive win #60 gets away from us. Didn't we have 60 wins by July with the '05 squad? :rolleyes: Good grief. How many defeats have we snatched from the jaws of victory this year? As soon as Detroit tied it, I knew we were toast.

We actually had some good pitching this series. Too bad the offense is back to its June levels of ineptitude.

stl_sox_fan
09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Sox are inching closer and closer to the season being mathematically over. I think with today's loss they are officially out of the Central. A couple more losses and then it's all ovah.

Funny, first time in a long time there wasn't a game thread.

3 days until Da Bears!!!!

oeo
09-06-2007, 04:20 PM
That was probably the weakest comeback I've ever seen. They wrapped this game up and gave it to them.

thomas35forever
09-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Why must even Bobby do this to us? He's not helping this season but then, who is?

ZombieRob
09-06-2007, 04:22 PM
And Ozzie continues to trot #$%&! Andy Gonzalez out there every day. Um, Ozzie, the man can't play worth a ****.:angry::angry::angry:
We have to let Ozzie be Ozzie.

itsnotrequired
09-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Sox are inching closer and closer to the season being mathematically over. I think with today's loss they are officially out of the Central. A couple more losses and then it's all ovah.

Funny, first time in a long time there wasn't a game thread.

3 days until Da Bears!!!!

A Cleveland win tonight and we are toast.

jabrch
09-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Why must even Bobby do this to us? He's not helping this season but then, who is?

He's not helping? He's got a 2.67 ERA, a 0.87 WHIP, 51 Ks with only 13 walks - and you don't think he's helping?

I know this season sucks eggs - but let's not get hasty here. Bobby has been one of the few bright spots this season.

itsnotrequired
09-06-2007, 04:26 PM

Jenks gives up his first earned run in nearly two months and you're complaining about Jenks?

Get real.

slavko
09-06-2007, 04:30 PM

Bobby did fine. Was there anything hit off him other than the last seeing eye grounder that shouldn't have been an out? Would have been a nice win, bullpen was fine, even BBuckvich did his usual job. I'm beyond heartbreak, so I'm calm as a clam. Have a nice day.

voodoochile
09-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Jenks gives up his first earned run in nearly two months and you're complaining about Jenks?

Get real.

Yeah and Richar had an error, so he sucks.

And AJ didn't get far enough down the line to prevent the bad throw from going into the dugout and putting the tying run on second with no one out in the ninth so he sucks too.

And Paulie couldn't get his fat foot off the bag and didn't prevent the crappy throw from Richar from getting past him and saving AJ's sorry slow butt so he sucks 3.

And Bobby couldn't prevent the next batter from getting down a bunt with 2 strikes on him, so Bobby sucks most of all in this little drama.

**** it... back up the truck, let's play the AAA team next year they're sure to be better...

And if you can't read the teal in this post you suck worse than Bobby. :rolleyes:

DumpJerry
09-06-2007, 04:34 PM
The elusive win #60 gets away from us. Didn't we have 60 wins by July with the '05 squad? :rolleyes:
I think number 60 that year came on May 3rd.......

I was thinking last night how we were the first to 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, and 90 wins in the AL in '05 (the Dodgers got #20 a day or two before us that year).

Same seems to be true this year, except in the loss column.:angry:

oeo
09-06-2007, 04:34 PM

Is this serious, or not? :?:

I mean, to me, I'm thinking it's bleeding teal, but I really don't know.

salty99
09-06-2007, 04:38 PM
**** it... back up the truck, let's play the AAA team next year they're sure to be better...

I thought they were already all here? I say let's go with AA!!!!!!!

kittle42
09-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Bukvich with another impressive showing. He hasn't given up a hit in his last two appearances!

JB98
09-06-2007, 05:33 PM

Bobby pitched fine today. He threw nothing but groundballs, and we butchered it up. Richar made a bad throw. Konerko failed to make a pick. AJ didn't back up a play. Cintron let a little dribbler get past him. Can anyone on this team make a damn play?

Just brutal, brutal defense.

Bobby has been outstanding this year, and he did nothing wrong today. He hadn't given up a run in nearly two months. What do you expect from him? He's a good pitcher, but he doesn't walk on water.

ode to veeck
09-06-2007, 05:34 PM
3-2...ugh

what else is new

Lip Man 1
09-06-2007, 05:38 PM
The Sox are now 'guaranteed' their first non winning season since 2002 (81-81) since this is their 81st loss on the year.

It's the 17th time the bullpen has lost a game this season after the team took a lead into the 7th inning or later. All 17 times have been directly because of the pen, no starters have been involved in any of these situations this year.

Over the past two seasons the bullpen has lost 26 of these games (nine in 06)

Lip

SoxSpeed22
09-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Even if this is the worst way to lose. I'll take a blown save once every 12 opportunities.
If not for Jenks, this piece of crap team probably wouldn't have 50 wins the whole year.
Oh, and good job Konerko, on that double.

TDog
09-06-2007, 06:00 PM

Get real.

I'm not disagreeing with your point, of course, but how were either of the Jenks runs earned? The first run reached base on an error. The second run scored with two out in an inning prolonged by the lead-off error.

Patrick134
09-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm not disagreeing with your point, of course, but how were either of the Jenks runs earned? The first run reached base on an error. The second run scored with two out in an inning prolonged by the lead-off error.

The first error was on a single, so the error is what put the batter on second base. Hence, it didn't necessarily prolong the inning.

Tragg
09-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Same BS we've seen all year. Bad defense, because there are bad defensive players on this team. No offense because there's very little offensive talent in the lineup. .290 OBP leads off, and 3 homers a year bats 5th. But they have one important credential - they swing at everything, just like Ozzie did, as Guillen continues to mock, not embrace, obp. That's Ozzie-offense game after game after game. And that's 21 below .500.

What is the point of Bukvich or Meyers being on the team and taking innings from young pitchers?

Erstad, Podesednik get key playing time, and there's no room for Sweeney et al?

And what are the plans for 3B if Crede doesn't return? Cintron and Gonzalez are disasters in the field and at the plate. It's easier to find a competent outfielder than a competent 3B (which Fields could play).

delben91
09-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Erstad, Podesednik get key playing time, and there's no room for Sweeney et al?

Is Sweeney even healthy? Wasn't he out of the Charlotte lineup for several weeks with shoulder problems?

How do you know they're purposely not calling him up but perhaps instead letting him heal?

kitekrazy
09-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Unreal. Two bull**** hits and we lose the game. Keeps in line how the season has gone.

Another thing... one thing that annoys me about Sox pitching is when the opposing team squares around to bunt while the pitcher is still walking around the ****ing mound, why do they throw the ball at the bat? Why to they basically let these guys advance the runners? It makes no sense and its something that has gone on too long with this team.

I doubt Sox pitchers know what a bunt is. "I've never seen our team do that."

But maybe the blame needs to go to the pitching coach.

kitekrazy
09-06-2007, 06:43 PM
A Cleveland win tonight and we are toast.

Maybe they have their sight set on a 100 in the loss column.

Lip Man 1
09-06-2007, 07:08 PM
A few things:

1. Sweeney has just been added to the Arizona Winter League roster according to Tribune.com

2. This is the recap story which I highly recommend reading... has some 'interesting' quotes from both Ozzie and Kenny about the off season. Specially what's 'realistic', when moves might start happening and how the minor league system might help find a way out of this mess.

This was one of the quotes that caught my attention:

"If we're going to put a team out there and we know we're not going to win, we're better off telling the fans," Guillen said. "I will say it, and I might get in trouble. I'm not going to be in the same position now I was in the summer. I'm not going to put myself in the position to lie to the fans."

Lie to the fans?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070906soxgamer,1,6426298.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Lip

TomBradley72
09-06-2007, 07:27 PM
I doubt Sox pitchers know what a bunt is. "I've never seen our team do that."

:kneeslap:

The Dude
09-06-2007, 08:05 PM

Get real.

July 17 was his last run given up. People are ****ing amazing on this site. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I now remember why I have such user on ignore.:smile:

JB98
09-06-2007, 08:50 PM
A few things:

1. Sweeney has just been added to the Arizona Winter League roster according to Tribune.com

2. This is the recap story which I highly recommend reading... has some 'interesting' quotes from both Ozzie and Kenny about the off season. Specially what's 'realistic', when moves might start happening and how the minor league system might help find a way out of this mess.

"If we're going to put a team out there and we know we're not going to win, we're better off telling the fans," Guillen said. "I will say it, and I might get in trouble. I'm not going to be in the same position now I was in the summer. I'm not going to put myself in the position to lie to the fans."

Lie to the fans?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070906soxgamer,1,6426298.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Lip

From my perspective, if the organization thinks the best course of action is to go young and rebuild, that's fine. Just as long as their public stance is we're building for the future. Don't give me Owens, Richar, Fields, Floyd and Danks and tell me "we're going for it." Because those guys are hardly finished products, and they won't lead us to glory in 2008.

I won't oppose a rebuilding project as long as KW doesn't put whipped cream on a pile of horse**** and try to convince me it's chocolate pudding.

Grzegorz
09-06-2007, 09:39 PM

Lie to the fans?

Lip

This comment caught my eye too. It sure seems as if Guillen and KW are not on the same page.

All I'll say is that a Guillen extension at this point is foolish. If he gets his team and it performs in 2008 then extend him.

A. Cavatica
09-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Wow. Ozzie just implied that the Sox were lying to the fans this summer, which we all knew but which probably got him a reprimand from KW anyway.

chisox77
09-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Man, this loss sucked. It was almost as bad as the one in Cleveland on Friday. This has been the worst season I can remember in a very long time, given the expectations, the team payroll, etc. Very hard to watch. I hope the Sox can recover in 2008.

:(:

TDog
09-06-2007, 10:46 PM
The first error was on a single, so the error is what put the batter on second base. Hence, it didn't necessarily prolong the inning.

CBS Sportsline reported the play as a straight error. I didn't see it. I'm not going to say it should have been scored as a straight error, but if it had been, Jenks would have two fewer earned runs charged to him.

Not that unearned runs in the bottom of the ninth inning to lose games don't count.

Foulke You
09-06-2007, 10:50 PM
I've been pretty immune to the losses since the first week of August when I realized:

A) The hour glass had let too much sand pass for the Sox to make any type of run.

B) This team was too BAD to make any type of run

Since then, I've been watching because...well...because I'm a Sox fan and I feel it my duty to. I also want to see how Richar and some of the other kids play. Thome's run for 500 and Bobby's streak were pleasent diversions in an otherwise DISMAL season. I'm ready for a completely new looking Sox team in '08 KW. Make it happen.

Hitmen77
09-06-2007, 11:27 PM
I've been pretty immune to the losses since the first week of August when I realized:

A) The hour glass had let too much sand pass for the Sox to make any type of run.

B) This team was too BAD to make any type of run

Since then, I've been watching because...well...because I'm a Sox fan and I feel it my duty to. I also want to see how Richar and some of the other kids play. Thome's run for 500 and Bobby's streak were pleasent diversions in an otherwise DISMAL season. I'm ready for a completely new looking Sox team in '08 KW. Make it happen.

That's pretty much how I feel. I'm more interested in seeing if Richar, Fields, Wasserman, Floyd can have a good last month of the season. I'm rooting for Contreras to finish out strong to improve his trade value as much as possible.

At this point, I'd rather it become as painfully obvious as possible to KW just how bad Cintron, Uribe, Gonzalez, Bukvich, and Meyers are. I'd rather we keep seeing the cold hard truth now then have the Sox fooled into thinking they could possible compete in '08 with these guys in our lineup.

The one thing at this point that I'll be disappointed to see is the Sox streak of 17 straight seasons without 90 losses come to an end. It's the 2nd longest such current streak in the majors. Only the Red Sox have gone longer. But, who knows, maybe losing this badly will land us a future all-star in next year's draft.

Tragg
09-06-2007, 11:31 PM

Lie to the fans?

What's Guillen saying? That he knew the team stunk in April?

Or that he has known it for a couple of months and now he will admit it?
If it is the latter, why bother? Everyone knows the team is terrible - look at the record, look at the offense. No reason for the manager and GM to say "we stink". Doesn't help anything. And neither he nor Williams has really said that "this is a good ballclub" in the last 2 months, to my knowledge.

Tragg
09-06-2007, 11:36 PM
That's pretty much how I feel. I'm more interested in seeing if Richar, Fields, Wasserman, Floyd can have a good last month of the season. I'm rooting for Contreras to finish out strong to improve his trade value as much as possible.

At this point, I'd rather it become as painfully obvious as possible to KW just how bad Cintron, Uribe, Gonzalez, Bukvich, and Meyers are. I'd rather we keep seeing the cold hard truth now then have the Sox fooled into thinking they could possible compete in '08 with these guys in our lineup.

It's painfully obvious to Williams...it has to be...they're just roster-fillers right now.
I agree with you re Richar, Fields, Wasserman and Floyd (I'm about the only one who likes him; I'd like to see him pitch a good game in the Cell). Add Garland to the pitch well for trade value line - he may be the one they move.

drewcifer
09-06-2007, 11:42 PM
What's Guillen saying? That he knew the team stunk in April?

Or that he has known it for a couple of months and now he will admit it?
If it is the latter, why bother? Everyone knows the team is terrible - look at the record, look at the offense. No reason for the manager and GM to say "we stink". Doesn't help anything. And neither he nor Williams has really said that "this is a good ballclub" in the last 2 months, to my knowledge.

I think it's pretty obvious that Ozzie made the statement for 2 reasons:

1. He wants distance between himself and this season.
2. As another poster said, he's not on the same page as KW.

We've seen how the ****ty, young, speedy lineup (god I hate saying it - "Ozzieball" types) can't execute. Not getting on base, not laying bunts, not hitting and running, etc. He most likely doesn't approve of the farm system/prospects, HATES the bullpen, and the station to station **** he already doesn't believe in, abandoned him this year along with last year's pitching.

I'd feel pretty screwed right now too if I were Ozzie; he's totally handcuffed.

Nellie_Fox
09-07-2007, 12:52 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that Ozzie made the statement for 2 reasons:.I think it's obvious that it's never obvious what Ozzie is saying or why he's saying it. There are dozens of possible interpretations of that statement.

CLR01
09-07-2007, 01:01 AM
1!! :moonwalk::happyguy::moonwalk:

drewcifer
09-07-2007, 01:04 AM
I think it's obvious that it's never obvious what Ozzie is saying or why he's saying it. There are dozens of possible interpretations of that statement.

It used to be VERY easy to understand where he was coming from. I hope this is a start to him getting back to that.

Grzegorz
09-07-2007, 05:33 AM
I think it's obvious that it's never obvious what Ozzie is saying or why he's saying it. There are dozens of possible interpretations of that statement.

That's is all the more reason for him to think before he speaks. I also agree that there are a number of interpretations of the statement.

I hope a reporter holds Ozzie's feet to the fire and has him clearly state what he meant by the statement.

Words do have consequences.