PDA

View Full Version : Stone on Zambrano

kitekrazy
09-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Morning Podcast
http://www.670thescore.com/pages/153085.php?contentType=34&contentId=1798

Steve defines what an "Ace" is.

Great comment.
"the last thing you want to comment is how the fans are unfair. He wants a little understanding...the same understanding he gave Michael Barrett when he was struggling. Remember that understanding?"

This is one of the few times I've heard Stone being very critical.

He also defends fans booing.

I wanted to hurl last night hearing a show on the SCORE about how Cub fans are suppose to be "better than that". I never understood that only in the world of Cubdumb they are suppose to be unique (more like Eunich). I guess it's a by product of the self esteem era that losing is suppose to be special. I can't think of any other team that has provided nothing but soap opera in the past 5 years.

Sockinchisox
09-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Morning Podcast
http://www.670thescore.com/pages/153085.php?contentType=34&contentId=1798

Steve defines what an "Ace" is.

Great comment.
"the last thing you want to comment is how the fans are unfair. He wants a little understanding...the same understanding he gave Michael Barrett when he was struggling. Remember that understanding?"

This is one of the few times I've heard Stone being very critical.

He also defends fans booing.

I wanted to hurl last night hearing a show on the SCORE about how Cub fans are suppose to be "better than that". I never understood that only in the world of Cubdumb they are suppose to be unique (more like Eunich). I guess it's a by product of the self esteem era that losing is suppose to be special. I can't think of any other team that has provided nothing but soap opera in the past 5 years.

Most of the hosts on the Score suck anyway.

Soxfanspcu11
09-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Cub fans are "better than that"??:?:

Are these the same fans that assaulted the Dodgers bullpen, ran on the field to attack Randy Meyers and Bob Howry, yelled horrendous racial slurs at numerous players (both visiting and home), blamed and then subsequently destroyed a fan's life for costing them the 2003 Pennant, potentially harm players and fans by throwing balls back on the field, belittle and harass fans who show up to their shrine to root for their favorite team, act as if they are better than everyone (yet know next to nothing about baseball), Boo their "favorite" player at the drop of a hat and throw trash on the field after every humiliating loss?

If these are the same "fans" that we are talking about, I'm pretty sure that this behavior is un-newsworthly normal.

voodoochile
09-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Getting a bit tired of moving flubbie oriented threads into the proper forum. KK you've been here long enough to know where they go. Get with the program...

WhiteSox5187
09-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Stone made a great point about how nobody has really controlled the players on the Cubs. "You're not getting paid 18.3 million because of your sterling wit..." Everybody on the Cubs makes excuses. Ever since Mark Grace left, nobody has ever taken responsibility for the Cubs' performance on the team as a player.