PDA

View Full Version : *Official* - 2007 postseason elimination thread

itsnotrequired
09-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Tampa Bay is now mathematically eliminated from taking the AL East. Yeah, yeah, a real shocker but they are the first team to suffer a postseason "causality".

Still in the running for the wild card though.

DoItForDanPasqua
09-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Guess who's only five away from being next.

itsnotrequired
09-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Guess who's only five away from being next.

Baltimore will probably be next. A Boston win and Baltimore loss seals their fate. After that it will likely be the Giants or *gasp* the White Sox.

DoItForDanPasqua
09-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Baltimore will probably be next. A Boston win and Baltimore loss seals their fate. After that it will likely be the Giants or *gasp* the White Sox.

Baltimore's tragic number is actually three; the White Sox are at five.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp

itsnotrequired
09-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Baltimore's tragic number is actually three; the White Sox are at five.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp

A Boston win and Baltimore loss places their records at 84-55 and 59-78, respectively with 25 games to go for Baltimore. Baltimore could theoretically tie Boston. Boston currently leads the season series 9-5 with 4 games left between the two clubs. So it is mathematically possible for the teams to tie and have the same head-to-head record.

Three it is...

itsnotrequired
09-05-2007, 09:15 PM
With the Orioles loss this evening, they are now mathematically eliminated from winning the AL East.

Two down...

A. Cavatica
09-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Time for the Sox to buckle down!

itsnotrequired
09-06-2007, 06:23 AM
With the Orioles loss this evening, they are now mathematically eliminated from winning the AL East.

Two down...

Bah, I jumped the gun. Boston loss means the Orioles can still tie them.

itsnotrequired
09-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Okay, NOW Baltimore is mathematically eliminated from taking the AL East. Lose to Boston, 7-6.

Foulke You
09-06-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm not giving up on the Sox. It's still early.

itsnotrequired
09-07-2007, 06:12 AM
I'm not giving up on the Sox. It's still early.

With Cleveland losing last night, the Sox stay alive for another day.Anything other than a Cleveland loss and Sox win means the Sox are eliminated from taking the AL Central.

Every team is mathematically still in it for the Wild Card.

skottyj242
09-07-2007, 09:18 AM

Let the theme night's begin!

Foulke You
09-07-2007, 01:17 PM
All we need is a nice 22 game winning streak combined with a Tigers 20 game losing streak and an Indians 22 game losing streak and we're right in this thing! (Teal not necessary)

itsnotrequired
09-07-2007, 01:20 PM
All we need is a nice 22 game winning streak combined with a Tigers 20 game losing streak and an Indians 22 game losing streak and we're right in this thing! (Teal not necessary)

No dice. Detroit and Cleveland play each other three more times this season.

itsnotrequired
09-08-2007, 12:36 AM
A Sox win and Cleveland loss mathematically keeps the Sox in the race.

:happybday

WSox597
09-08-2007, 08:09 AM
C'mon, Sox! All you guys have to do is run the table, and you're at .500!

"You can do it!"

itsnotrequired
09-08-2007, 09:33 AM
No further casualties last night. Everyone is still mathematically eligible for the post season. Tamp Bay is on the cusp though. A Tampa Bay loss or Yankee win knocks them out of the Wild Card

itsnotrequired
09-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Despite Tampa Bay's win today, they be gone from the Wild Card due to the Yankee win. Tampa Bay is now the first team completely eliminated from the postseason.

areilly
09-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Indians 6, Angels 1

...and the 2007 Sox season finally, mercifully, comes to an end.

chisoxfanatic
09-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Indians 6, Angels 1

...and the 2007 Sox season finally, mercifully, comes to an end.
Still not eliminated from the WILD CARD race! :cool:

drewcifer
09-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Despite Tampa Bay's win today, they be gone from the Wild Card due to the Yankee win. Tampa Bay is now the first team completely eliminated from the postseason.

Damnit - CLR is going to be so disappointed... :(:

itsnotrequired
09-09-2007, 08:43 PM
White Sox gone.

*sigh*

SoxSpeed22
09-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Well that's the way it goes.
Kenny, you got some real work to do.

itsnotrequired
09-10-2007, 05:51 AM
Florida is now mathematically eliminated from winning the NL East, the first NL postseason casualty. A loss tonight knocks them out of the Wild Card.

In the AL, Baltimore is right on the edge. Anything other than a Oriole win and Yankee loss knocks them out of the Wild Card. Both teams are off today though. A Kansas City loss will send their elimination number to zero but with the Yankees off today, they will stay alive for another day.

itsnotrequired
09-11-2007, 06:56 AM
Florida now completely eliminated from the postseason, the first NL team to be riding that ship.

itsnotrequired
09-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Baltimore and Kansas City both lose tonight and are mathematically eliminated from any postseason play.

And then there were ten...

itsnotrequired
09-13-2007, 06:27 AM
In the NL, the Giants and Nationals are now mathematically eliminated from claiming their respective divisions. The Nationals' elimination number now stands at zero so anything other than Nationals wins and Padres losses knock them out. A full eight teams control their own playoff destiny in the NL.

Anything other then Angels losses and Texas or Oakland wins will eliminate either team from clinching the AL West. Same situation in the East with Boston and Toronto.

SBSoxFan
09-13-2007, 09:25 AM
In the NL, the Giants and Nationals are now mathematically eliminated from claiming their respective divisions. The Nationals' elimination number now stands at zero so anything other than Nationals wins and Padres losses knock them out. A full eight teams control their own playoff destiny in the NL.

Anything other then Angels losses and Texas or Oakland wins will eliminate either team from clinching the AL West. Same situation in the East with Boston and Toronto.

16 of 27 posts. Are you enjoying your own little thread?

itsnotrequired
09-13-2007, 09:29 AM
16 of 27 posts. Are you enjoying your own little thread?

It helps me build my post count.

SBSoxFan
09-13-2007, 09:40 AM
It helps me build my post count.

Remember. You are not your post count. :D:

Besides, it saves me from having to go to mlb.com and look for the 'E' next to team names.

Nellie_Fox
09-13-2007, 10:37 AM
16 of 27 posts. Are you enjoying your own little thread?And I'll ask you the obvious: if it annoys you, why are you reading it?

SBSoxFan
09-13-2007, 02:20 PM
And I'll ask you the obvious: if it annoys you, why are you reading it?

It doesn't; I was trying to be funny and hassle INR at the same time. Apparently I failed on at least one count. :redface:

itsnotrequired
09-13-2007, 02:53 PM
It doesn't; I was trying to be funny and hassle INR at the same time. Apparently I failed on at least one count. :redface:

I'm not getting hastled, not getting hustled
keepin' my head above water
and making a wave when I can...

SBSoxFan
09-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm not getting hastled, not getting hustled
keepin' my head above water
and making a wave when I can...

Okay. I have no idea what you are talking about, but wouldn't making waves in that situation be a bad thing?

itsnotrequired
09-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Okay. I have no idea what you are talking about, but wouldn't making waves in that situation be a bad thing?

http://www.tvland.com/shows/goodtimes/images/JimmyWalker.jpg

Looks just like me; slim, black and DYN-O-MITE!

itsnotrequired
09-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Texas eliminated from taking the AL West, the first casualty in that division. The NL Central is now the only division where every team is mathematically still alive.

Only six teams now control their own destiny in the NL, down from eight just yesterday.

SBSoxFan
09-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Texas eliminated from taking the AL West, the first casualty in that division. The NL Central is now the only division where every team is mathematically still alive.

Only six teams now control their own destiny in the NL, down from eight just yesterday.

I guess the division leader sitting at 75 wins with 16 games left will do that.

itsnotrequired
09-14-2007, 10:28 AM
I guess the division leader sitting at 75 wins with 16 games left will do that.

The Cubs could win and Houston could lose today and Houston would STILL be mathematically in it, a full 21 games UNDER .500!

:o:

SBSoxFan
09-14-2007, 10:33 AM
The Cubs could win and Houston could lose today and Houston would STILL be mathematically in it, a full 21 games UNDER .500!

:o:

I wonder how much we'll hear about how great it is for baseball that the entire NL Central is still in the divisional race and it's mid-September.

itsnotrequired
09-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Toronto loses last night and is mathematically eliminated from taking the AL East. Texas' elimination number now stands at zero. Oakland's elimination number for taking the AL West also stands at zero.

In the National League, San Francisco's elimination number stands at zero. Only five teams now control their own playoff destiny. And yes, a Cubs win and Astros loss would still keeps the Astros mathematically alive, 14 games behind the Cubs in the middle of September, 22 games under .500.

FarWestChicago
09-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Oakland's elimination number for taking the AL West also stands at zero.:fobbgod:

This is not true. Run some numbers. I am the greatest GM in the history of Earth!

itsnotrequired
09-15-2007, 10:49 PM
:fobbgod:

This is not true. Run some numbers. I am the greatest GM in the history of Earth!

Angels win tonight so West's precious Athletics won't be clinching the AL West this season. Better luck next year, hombre.

The dusty A's did beat Texas though so they are out for any postseason play.

itsnotrequired
09-17-2007, 06:17 AM
The Twins are now eliminated from taking the AL Central. Their elimination number stands at zero for the postseason altogether. The A's elimination number is at zero as well. Anything other than wins and Yankee losses knocks them both out.

In the NL, the Giants are now completely out of it. The Astros' elimination number stands at zero. There are still five teams that control their own playoff destiny in the NL.

SoxSpeed22
09-17-2007, 10:04 PM
With the Yankee win, the Twinks and FOBBs chances are OVAH!
See you next year. (FWC= :bandance:)
:tongue:

itsnotrequired
09-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Houston loses and thus ends their season, the first casualty of the NL Central.

itsnotrequired
09-18-2007, 06:10 AM
A Cubs win today knocks the Reds out.

A New York win and Toronto loss knocks the Blue Jays out.

Everyone else is safe through today.

itsnotrequired
09-19-2007, 06:03 AM
Despite Toronto's win, the New York win sends Toronto's elimination number to zero. Anything other than Blue Jay wins and Yankee losses will send them home.

The number of teams that control their own destiny in the NL is finally down to four (New York, Milwaukee, Arizona and San Diego).

itsnotrequired
09-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Toronto sweeps Boston but it is a bitter pill to swallow as New York sweeps Baltimore to ensure the Blue Jays will be watching the postseason from the couch.

The Cubs win yesterday sends the Reds packing. Number of teams controlling their own destiny in the NL is back up to five.

14 of the 30 MLB teams are now mathematically out of it.

itsnotrequired
09-21-2007, 11:02 PM
A Cubs win and Cardinals loss send the Red Birds home. To think it was only a week ago when they were right in it....

itsnotrequired
09-22-2007, 07:29 AM
The Dodgers loss last night sends their elimination number for taking the NL West down to zero. Anything other than Dodger wins and Diamondback losses means that they have to look to the wild card.

itsnotrequired
09-23-2007, 08:11 AM
The Dodgers loss last night sends their elimination number for taking the NL West down to zero. Anything other than Dodger wins and Diamondback losses means that they have to look to the wild card.

The Diamondbacks did indeed beat the Dodgers last night so th Dodgers are mathematically eliminated from taking the NL West.

itsnotrequired
09-24-2007, 06:04 AM
Angels and Indians clinch their respective divisions yesterday so the Mariners and Tigers are out of the running for the divisional title (obviously). Both are still in the running for the Wild Card though. Seattle's elimination number stands at zero so anything other than Mariner wins and Yankee losses sends them home. A Yankee win and Tiger loss sends Detroit home.

Nine teams in the NL still in the running for the postseason.

Chips
09-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for all the updates, inr!!!!!!!!!!!

:supernana:

itsnotrequired
09-25-2007, 06:21 AM
AL teams in the postseason are essentially set. All the Yankees have to do is win one game and they are in. If for some insane reason the Yankees can't go at least 1-5 to finish the season, a single loss by Detroit and Seattle also guarantees a postseason berth.

The NL is still up in the air. Six games left and a full NINE teams are still mathematically alive for the postseason. That's over half the league! And all those teams have a shot of taking their respective division, minus the Dodgers who can only get in as a Wild Card at this point. Five teams still have full control of their playoff chances (in other words, they don't need to rely on other teams to lose to get them in).

Fenway
09-25-2007, 07:00 AM
The Tigers completly collased in the past week letting Boston and NYY relax. Still up for grabs is the best record and east winner

itsnotrequired
09-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Seattle loses last night to eliminate them from the Wild Card chase. Detroit is mathematically still able to tie New York.

Eight teams still alive in the NL, five of which control their own destiny.

Chips
09-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Eight teams still alive in the NL, five of which control their own destiny.

Go Braves!

chisoxmike
09-26-2007, 03:54 PM
This is INR's dark cloud thread. :redneck

:party:

itsnotrequired
09-27-2007, 08:01 AM
The Dodger loss last night eliminates them from the Wild Card chase. Eight teams still mathematically alive in the NL with only four games to go! The Braves elimination number stands at zero. A Braves loss or Mets/Padres win will knock them out of the divisional title/wild crad chase, respectively.

Yankees clinch last night so the AL is set. Now it is just a race for the best record. AL East title is still up in the air.

itsnotrequired
09-28-2007, 05:44 AM
Braves lose yesterday and are eliminated from postseason play.