PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Should Look At How Quickly Detroit Pulled The Trigger

TimChamp
04-08-2002, 10:08 PM
Well, looks like Detroit knows how to get things done...when something has been bad for too long, it's time to get rid of it...FIRE NARDI!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

RedPinStripes
04-08-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp
Well, looks like Detroit knows how to get things done...when something has been bad for too long, it's time to get rid of it...FIRE NARDI!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

I couldn't agree more! :gulp:

TimChamp
04-08-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

I couldn't agree more! :gulp:

Yeah, I mean, he's been here for what, 5 years??? And what has he done, but give our pitchers torn labrums and average an ERA of 4.8 something??? In other words, nothing, but ruin our pitchers and when they go elsewhere, they look phenomenal (for the most part), it's obvious that Nardi isn't getting the job done...I would say hire Joe Kerrigan, but it's obvious we'll go in-house and hire Don Cooper... :gulp:

Daver
04-08-2002, 10:41 PM

Yeah, I mean, he's been here for what, 5 years??? And what has he done, but give our pitchers torn labrums and average an ERA of 4.8 something??? In other words, nothing, but ruin our pitchers and when they go elsewhere, they look phenomenal (for the most part), it's obvious that Nardi isn't getting the job done...I would say hire Joe Kerrigan, but it's obvious we'll go in-house and hire Don Cooper... :gulp:

If they go in house it will be Kirk Champion.

RedPinStripes
04-08-2002, 10:48 PM

I just think it's funny how Sox mgt works. A hitting slump in 2001 gets Von Joshua fired after he speaks his mind in the papers also, he was the one who coached this team to close to 1000 runs in 2000, but 8 torn labrums make for a safe job and you never hear a peep out of nardi.

:nardi

"Keep your mouth shut and kiss everyone's ass above you. I live by it."

Soxheads
04-08-2002, 10:57 PM
I would love Cal to be a future pitching coach. And an Iowan to boot!

:bionic

"I kick ass."

Tragg
04-08-2002, 11:18 PM
Can Kenny pull the plug on himself?
I think Manuel's okay - not great - but okay.

CubKilla
04-08-2002, 11:23 PM
Something needs to be done. Even though it's still early in the season, this start is too reminiscent of 2001. Can't fall too far into a hole. 2001 taught us that. These guys need a fire lit under them to send a message. The perfect one to be made an example of is Nardi.

baggio202
04-08-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by daver

If they go in house it will be Kirk Champion.

don cooper, kirk champion...personally i dont give a **** if its kirk cameron or alice cooper....as long as it aint nardi

Tragg
04-08-2002, 11:32 PM
At this time last year, I thought the team just wasn't ready to play - they hadn't gotten serious work done in the spring.
I don't have that feeling this year.
But it's just my feeling - I have no knowledge.

RichH55
04-09-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by baggio202

don cooper, kirk champion...personally i dont give a **** if its kirk cameron or alice cooper....as long as it aint nardi

Well be careful what you wish for......We aren't the worst organization in the league at anything IMHO, so there is always room to regress if you aren't careful