PDA

View Full Version : Rangers/Angels game

Brian26
09-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Anyone just watch the end of this on Sunday Night Baseball? It was a great game. The Rangers were leading 8-5 going into the 9th. The Angels scored two and loaded the bases, but CJ Wilson was able to get Garret Anderson on a check swing to end the game (his 36th pitch of the inning).

Howie Kendrick looks like the real deal. Nothing against Richar, but if there is any way KW can get Kendrick, I'd love to see him on the Sox.

JB98
09-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Anyone just watch the end of this on Sunday Night Baseball? It was a great game. The Rangers were leading 8-5 going into the 9th. The Angels scored two and loaded the bases, but CJ Wilson was able to get Garret Anderson on a check swing to end the game (his 36th pitch of the inning).

Howie Kendrick looks like the real deal. Nothing against Richar, but if there is any way KW can get Kendrick, I'd love to see him on the Sox.

Yeah, I watched the end of it. Smart move by Wilson not to give Guerrero anything too good. That's one of the rare situations where you can live with a bases-loaded walk. Don't let the other team's best hitter beat you.

Dan the Man
09-02-2007, 11:35 PM
And Garret Anderson's check swing K to end the game was indisputible to me. Even after the replay Morgan was saying it was too close not to appeal to 3rd base. The bat was clearly through the hitting zone.

Brian26
09-03-2007, 02:30 AM
And Garret Anderson's check swing K to end the game was indisputible to me. Even after the replay Morgan was saying it was too close not to appeal to 3rd base. The bat was clearly through the hitting zone.

I thought it was a swing. Morgan even called it a swing as it happened and then went back on that when the replay came up. It wasn't even that close. I can never get enough of Sciosia's stunned look in the dugout towards a homeplate umpire.