PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Info On The Barons

sox_fan_forever
04-08-2002, 10:38 PM
A friend of mine is going to a Barons game in a couple of weeks and she said she'd tell me how everyone was doing. Who should I tell her to pay attention to? I usually try to keep up with what's going on in the Sox farm system but I have been a little out of it lately. Thanks in advance...

kermittheefrog
04-08-2002, 11:54 PM
The Barons are pretty weak this year on the positioned player side. Miguel Olivo is the only potential starter on the team. Scott Bikowski and Danny Sandoval are worth a watch as they may have futures on a White Sox bench. Barons pitching is really interesting, especially if she sees a start by Corwin Malone, Brian West or Dennis Ulacia. Gary Majewski, Rob Purvis, Arnoldo Munoz and Denny Wagner are worth a watch coming out the pen.

RichH55
04-09-2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
The Barons are pretty weak this year on the positioned player side. Miguel Olivo is the only potential starter on the team. Scott Bikowski and Danny Sandoval are worth a watch as they may have futures on a White Sox bench. Barons pitching is really interesting, especially if she sees a start by Corwin Malone, Brian West or Dennis Ulacia. Gary Majewski, Rob Purvis, Arnoldo Munoz and Denny Wagner are worth a watch coming out the pen.

What?!?!? Young Arms? When did this happen?

RichH55
04-09-2002, 06:04 AM

By the way how long has Purvis been around, it seems like he's got Grant Hill/Josh Paul disease in that I've been hearing about him forever

sox_fan_forever
04-09-2002, 05:54 PM

Thanks for the info! :D:

Cubbiesuck13
04-09-2002, 06:01 PM
pay attention to durham, chad durham. CF he wont be with the sox anytime soon but he is ray's little bro and suposed to be faster than ray. im going to be going to quite a few barons games this year. last couple of years they got more players from them than in AAA.