PDA

View Full Version : Where do you stand?

AJ Hellraiser
09-02-2007, 12:58 AM
All people have their opinions of what Ozzie has been saying recently... I want to know where people firmly stand.

The above poll is public, people will see your answers... I am tired of people wavering on Ozzie... most people here love him when the Sox win and hate him when we lose....

They love it when he speaks his mind during the good times, but want him fired when he does so during the bad times....

I want to know once and for all where you stand because I am getting sick of so many people on this board bashing him to pieces NOW... when they were willing to bear his child in 2005...

CLR01
09-02-2007, 01:46 AM
The poll to end all polls. AJ's pissed. :rolleyes:

nccwsfan
09-02-2007, 02:08 AM
28 days to go. After that put the 2007 White Sox in a time capsule, bury it somewhere in Nevada, and never speak of them again....

There is NO ONE that hasn't contributed to this abomination. KW, Ozzie, Greg Walker, the coaches, the players, the farm system- they're all to blame for this. The GM, manager, and coaches should have the opportunity to rebuild the roster and try to turn it around in 2008- if the dysfunction & losing rolls over into next season then management changes need to be made.

LITTLE NELL
09-02-2007, 07:08 AM
28 days to go. After that put the 2007 White Sox in a time capsule, bury it somewhere in Nevada, and never speak of them again....

There is NO ONE that hasn't contributed to this abomination. KW, Ozzie, Greg Walker, the coaches, the players, the farm system- they're all to blame for this. The GM, manager, and coaches should have the opportunity to rebuild the roster and try to turn it around in 2008- if the dysfunction & losing rolls over into next season then management changes need to be made.
You hit the nail right on the head. With free agency, its not hard to turn things around. If we had to rely right now on the farm system for rebuilding we would be in deep ****.

PlaySumFnJurny
09-02-2007, 08:56 AM
I give Ozzie major credit for the 2005 Championship; without him, we do not win it. IMO, his attitude and enthusiasm breathed new life into and revived a squad that had languished under Jerry Manuel. It seems that players truly enjoy playing for him.

However, I don't see how anyone can reasonably rate him as better than average as an in-game manager. He is bad at handling a bullpen (even when he has one to handle) and his lineups are often headscratchers (Erstad is just not a third-place hitter).

That said, I don't believe this year is his fault more than anyone else's. I order "blame" as follows: 1) Kenny; 2) underachieving veterans (Jose, McDougall, Uribe, Iguchi); 3) injuries (Crede, Dye--who I think was hurt much worse in first-half than was made known--Pods, Thome, Erstad); Ozzie/Coaches.

Obviously, there's more than enough blame to go around. Ozzie's language and tirades never really bother me, and truth be told I felt this latest one was too little too late. His "fieriness" is his best asset, so have at it. However, players do stop responding to that eventually, so once they do, you need to still have something to bring to the table. That's what sunk Ditka, who was a much better game coach and strategist in his sport than Ozzie is in his. Earl Weaver and Billy Martin were pistols too, but they could manage circles around Ozzie Guillen.

Bottom line, no way Ozzie should or will be fired, but I wouldn't mind it if he was.