PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-0 is not that bad 9/1 postgame thread

CLR01
09-01-2007, 08:45 PM
We didn't gain any ground on Tampa tonight. What a waste of a good blowout. :(:

BeviBall!
09-01-2007, 08:46 PM
This season has been one, long kick in the nuts.

soxfanatlanta
09-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Too bad JR has to pay them; they are completely useless.

Viva Medias B's
09-01-2007, 08:53 PM
In this "Who's on first?" clip, Hawk looks like he's wearing a Bears cap.

SoxSpeed22
09-01-2007, 08:56 PM
This strike has no point to it, besides I gotta make my pick pretty soon for the 2nd keeper league.
So, one way to sum it up...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/63/Pearl_landlord.jpg/200px-Pearl_landlord.jpg
"I'm tired of this crap!"

At least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-01-2007, 09:00 PM
With a little luck, this season will be over soon.

:smile:

itsnotrequired
09-01-2007, 09:00 PM

I say it runs another month.

:happybday

oeo
09-01-2007, 09:01 PM

With the way our luck has gone this year, I guess it will never end. :(:

spiffie
09-01-2007, 09:02 PM
This team is much better than its record would indicate.

munchman33
09-01-2007, 09:05 PM
People are still watching the games? :?:

Lip Man 1
09-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Considering the 'names' of the players on the team it is unbelievable that they have lost 18 of their last 21.

Just based on talent that shouldn't happen but baseball is played with more then just 'talent' heart, guts, desire all come into play.

It's clear this club has little of the above.

Lip

oeo
09-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Trying to look on the bright side here, but at least we're not the Orioles. They've given up 30 runs in one game, and are now about to get no hit by a rookie (as well as currently on a what, 10-game losing streak?).

A. Cavatica
09-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Ozzie ought to call the players out in public.

spiffie
09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Considering the 'names' of the players on the team it is unbelievable that they have lost 18 of their last 21.

Just based on talent that shouldn't happen but baseball is played with more then just 'talent' heart, guts, desire all come into play.

It's clear this club has little of the above.

Lip
I think part of the problem is most of the players on this team fall into one of two categories:

-Old vets who have been around the block plenty of times and know these games don't matter. Not that anyone isn't trying to win or anything like that, but it has to be human nature to not be as intense when nothing is on the line.

-Young kids who are overmatched. They're trying. I give them credit for that. But a lot of them just likely do not have long-term major league futures. No matter how hard they try they are not going to be able to do much.

There's no one playing for a contract, or to prove they deserve to start or to take someone's spot from them. Just guys who know they'll be here next year or who are probably doing about as well as they possibly could. Not a good combo.

soxfanatlanta
09-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Ozzie ought to call the players out in public.

What is that going to prove? Harping on the players' performance with the media will do nothing accept lose respect in the clubhouse, IMO. He loses that, and he might as well go back to Caracas.

A. Cavatica
09-01-2007, 09:25 PM
What is that going to prove? Harping on the players' performance with the media will do nothing accept lose respect in the clubhouse, IMO. He loses that, and he might as well go back to Caracas.

Well, it worked so well for him three days ago, I just thought he should keep doing it.

soxfanatlanta
09-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Well, it worked so well for him three days ago, I just thought he should keep doing it.

You can only play that card so many times. Unless you want to end up like:

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/larrybowayelling.jpg

PaleHoseGeorge
09-01-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm in favor of Ozzie taking the whole team to Ricobenes for a healthy dose of indigestion.

Slip something into their breaded steak sandwiches...

chisoxfanatic
09-01-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm in favor of Ozzie taking the whole team to Ricobenes for a healthy dose of indigestion.

Slip something into their breaded steak sandwiches...
The one on 26th Street is only a few blocks away. I can walk over there and put in a personal order for a nice Thursday night team dinner for when they return from Detroit. :cool:

That's the second game in a row I haven't watched. And I'm glad I didn't! And, now we have Contreras pitching tomorrow. I'm ready for the sweep.

stl_sox_fan
09-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Well let's go get them tomorrow and avoid the sweep. Let's see...who's taking the mound for the Sox tomorrow....oohhhhhh.....him....drat

T-Minus 8 days until the Bears.

Viva Medias B's
09-01-2007, 09:37 PM
I think part of the problem is most of the players on this team fall into one of two categories:

-Old vets who have been around the block plenty of times and know these games don't matter. Not that anyone isn't trying to win or anything like that, but it has to be human nature to not be as intense when nothing is on the line.

-Young kids who are overmatched. They're trying. I give them credit for that. But a lot of them just likely do not have long-term major league futures. No matter how hard they try they are not going to be able to do much.

There's no one playing for a contract, or to prove they deserve to start or to take someone's spot from them. Just guys who know they'll be here next year or who are probably doing about as well as they possibly could. Not a good combo.

Actually, I blame Lloyd Carr for the mess we're in.

JB98
09-01-2007, 09:38 PM
This team has given up. **** them.

TomParrish79
09-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Ehhhhhhhhh

DumpJerry
09-01-2007, 10:51 PM
I was at the game tonight. Painful.

Hitmen77
09-01-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm not suggesting that Bukvich was responsible for tonight's loss - but isn't it time the Sox just cut him and Myers (both players with no absolutely no upside) and spend the rest of the season seeing what players with a possible future (Floyd, Wasserman, Sept. call ups) have to offer?

Tragg
09-01-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm not suggesting that Bukvich was responsible for tonight's loss - but isn't it time the Sox just cut him and Myers (both players with no absolutely no upside) and spend the rest of the season seeing what players with a possible future (Floyd, Wasserman, Sept. call ups) have to offer?
I completely agree - it remains remarkable how terrible career middle relievers contrinue to get major work on this team, despite stinking it up game after game. There are plenty of young pitchers who need work. It's Floyd's turn to start tomorrow (or maybe the next day); he's been effective in 5 of his last 7 appearances, which puts him ahead of anyone in this pen except for Jenks. He's probably back at the end of Ozzie's bullpen bench.
How about shaking the lineup around, if only for a change of pace. 6 straight weeks it's Owens-Fields-Thome. Try something new when your offense is baseball's wort.

JB98
09-01-2007, 11:30 PM

Why not tryout Gio/Egbert/Russell/Phillips the final month? We play Cleveland, Detroit and Minnesota a lot. Let's see what they can do against those clubs. I already know Myers and Bukvich blow.

Brian26
09-01-2007, 11:40 PM
In this "Who's on first?" clip, Hawk looks like he's wearing a Bears cap.

That was pretty cool. They must have filmed that during Hawk's short run with the Indians. The other guy was Sudden Sam McDowell.

Oldschoolsoxguy
09-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Why not tryout Gio/Egbert/Russell/Phillips the final month? We play Cleveland, Detroit and Minnesota a lot. Let's see what they can do against those clubs. I already know Myers and Bukvich blow.

Agreed and let's toss Thornton in there as well. Bring up a whole bunch of kids and let them have at it. Play Paulie,Dye,Thome,and AJ on a part-time basis the rest of the season. They ain't doing spit anyway. Release sorry ass Uribe right now.Skip a start or two for Buehrle,Vazquez,and Garland and give them to the kids mentioned above.

Nellie_Fox
09-02-2007, 12:42 AM
People are still watching the games? :?:I just can't help myself. I love baseball season, and a little bit of me dies when it ends every year. Besides, I only get so many Sox games up here, so I have to watch when I can.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-02-2007, 07:35 AM
I completely agree - it remains remarkable how terrible career middle relievers contrinue to get major work on this team, despite stinking it up game after game. There are plenty of young pitchers who need work. It's Floyd's turn to start tomorrow (or maybe the next day); he's been effective in 5 of his last 7 appearances, which puts him ahead of anyone in this pen except for Jenks.

Is Bobby still on the team? I haven't seen him in a while.