PDA

View Full Version : Rauch's first start

Chisox_cali
04-08-2002, 09:39 PM
Assuming we don't make up todays game on thursday, and buehrle start's the home opener, than Rauch's first start should be game 1 of a 3 game set against the Jndjans.

Seem Right?

HawkDJ
04-08-2002, 09:47 PM
I think it would probably be smart to start Rauch on Wednesday and bump Garland to the bullpen for a couple days and have him pitch in the 3rd game against Baltimore.

1. If Rauch doesn't start, his first career start would be against Cleveland.

2. Rauch would get the worst offense in the league for his first start.

3. Garland is much better in the bullpen. (4-6, 4.03 ERA as a start. 2-1, 2.88 ERA as a reliever)

Chisox_cali
04-08-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
I think it would probably be smart to start Rauch on Wednesday and bump Garland to the bullpen for a couple days and have him pitch in the 3rd game against Baltimore.

1. If Rauch doesn't start, his first career start would be against Cleveland.

2. Rauch would get the worst offense in the league for his first start.

3. Garland is much better in the bullpen. (4-6, 4.03 ERA as a start. 2-1, 2.88 ERA as a reliever)

We'll see what Jerry's pulls out his ass in a couple days

RichH55
04-09-2002, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

I'm betting that Rauch maybe moves to 4 after a strong outing and maybe you see a Glover spot start as a way to bridge the gap in the rotation from time to time

RichH55
04-09-2002, 05:56 AM
Do we have an official word on Rauch's first home start.........I hear next Monday and I want confirmation

Chisox353014
04-09-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Let's hope it's not one of these:
:gun :harold :versatile

Jerry_Manuel
04-09-2002, 01:36 PM
I posted it in the other rotation thread, but I'll post it here, for those to lazy to read the other thread.

Jon Rauch lost his chance to start on Tuesday due to Monday's rainout. Manuel said Dan Wright will go against the Tigers on Tuesday, with Jon Garland in his regular spot Wednesday. Rauch will be available in the bullpen for now, though Manuel didn't say whether Rauch would rejoin the rotation. With an off-day Thursday, the Sox won't need a fifth starter again until April 16 against Cleveland at Comiskey. Jim Parque could get that spot if he has another strong start for Triple-A Charlotte on Wednesday.