PDA

View Full Version : CF Next Year: Lofton?

rowand33
08-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Obviously, I'd rather have Rowand or Hunter, but how would you feel if Kenny Lofton came back to the south side next year?

He fills both the leadoff and CF hole for us, and it allows us to go after somebody like Eckstein at SS.

I certainly feel he's a better option than Patterson or Cameron.

chisoxmike
08-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Obviously, I'd rather have Rowand or Hunter, but how would you feel if Kenny Lofton came back to the south side next year?

He fills both the leadoff and CF hole for us, and it allows us to go after somebody like Eckstein at SS.

No.

soxfan13
08-31-2007, 10:37 AM
No!

CashMan
08-31-2007, 10:37 AM

Your White Sox membership has been revoked!

esbrechtel
08-31-2007, 10:38 AM
That whole post is supposed to be in teal...right? right?

Iwritecode
08-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Lofton wasn't great the last time he put on a Sox uniform. He fares much better in the NL that the AL. He's also over 40 and will probably play in less than 130 games this year.

SBSoxFan
08-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Lofton wasn't great the last time he put on a Sox uniform. He fares much better in the NL that the AL. He's also over 40 and will probably play in less than 130 games this year.

Absolutely. He burned out after about 2 months. And wasn't that about 5 years ago?

soxinem1
08-31-2007, 11:17 AM
I know most of you will not like this, but I can see KW going after Corey Patterson as a bottom of the order CF. I think he could flourish here, to be honest. He could be a #8 or #9 hitter with 20+ HR's and 40+ SB's........ Defensively, he's on par with Rowand or Hunter.

I can also see KW going after Jason Bay. PIT will be doing it's annual 'Trading of our Unaffordable Stars' act in the off-season, and I can see him playing here.

Lofton will not be starting in CF for the 2008 White Sox.

But he may for the 2012 White Sox!!!

soxfan13
08-31-2007, 11:25 AM
I know most of you will not like this, but I can see KW going after Corey Patterson as a bottom of the order CF. I think he could flourish here, to be honest. He could be a #8 or #9 hitter with 20+ HR's and 40+ SB's........ Defensively, he's on par with Rowand or Hunter.

I can also see KW going after Jason Bay. PIT will be doing it's annual 'Trading of our Unaffordable Stars' act in the off-season, and I can see him playing here.

I wouldnt mind that at all:gulp:

SoxxoS
08-31-2007, 11:28 AM

I would love this move. Corey Patterson is what he is - But he is what this team needs. He has been tearing the ball of late - And he is 28 - Entering his prime. He gets a bad rap, but he is approaching last seasons 750 OPS - with about 40 stolen bases and playing very good defense. Bring it.

The Racehorse
08-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Lofton had a good run in the first half of the season, but he was banged up somewhat at the time of his trade to Cleveland, and he's really tailed off since. The Tribe has been mostly sitting him against LHP... and I think he's pretty much out of gas.

As for Corey Patterson, Scott Boras is his agent... I wouldn't mind Patterson as the Sox CF, but I can't see that happening.

TDog
08-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Even if Lofton looks good from a distance, Sox management has had the opportunity to see him up close. That should be enough to prevent Lofton from appearing in a Sox uniform again.

CHIsoxNation
08-31-2007, 12:55 PM

:bong:

Save some for the rest of us!

thomas35forever
08-31-2007, 01:51 PM
http://www.nataliedee.com/111205/no-no-no-no.jpg

thomas35forever
08-31-2007, 01:53 PM

:rolling:Post of the year.

balke
08-31-2007, 02:25 PM
My proposition

C Mike Piazza
1B Frank Thomas
2B Robbie Alomar
3B Robin Ventura
SS Omar Vizquel
LF Albert Belle
CF Kenny Lofton
RF Ken Griffey Jr.

Let's party like its 1995. Make it happen KENNY!

soxfan13
08-31-2007, 02:28 PM
My proposition

C Mike Piazza
1B Frank Thomas
2B Robbie Alomar
3B Robin Ventura
SS Omar Vizquel
LF Albert Belle
CF Kenny Lofton
RF Ken Griffey Jr.

Let's party like its 1995. Make it happen KENNY!

Can we get Julio Franco for DH:gulp:

balke
08-31-2007, 02:31 PM

Well, we already have Thome... but if you insist. Maybe we could land Manny in a deal and move Belle over to RF, what do you think?

soxfan13
08-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Well, we already have Thome... but if you insist. Maybe we could land Manny in a deal and move Belle over to RF, what do you think?

That would be one cantankerous outfield:tongue:

TheZebra
08-31-2007, 04:45 PM
I hope that both the Lofton and Patterson support is just to see what kind of response you could get. I'm not the biggest fan of Jerry Owens, but I'd rather see another season of him than a senior citizen or a hopeless hack.

A. Cavatica
08-31-2007, 09:18 PM
No...but I'm chuckling at the realization that 40-year-old Lofton is still a better player than Erstad.

DumpJerry
08-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Lofton is a clubhouse cancer. A real prima donna. Keep him away from our team.

Brian26
09-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Paul Assenmacher for the bullpen.

Martinigirl
09-01-2007, 01:01 AM

Good god no.

FarWestChicago
09-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Obviously, I'd rather have Rowand or Hunter, but how would you feel if Kenny Lofton came back to the south side next year?In April, I would ask when football season started.

FarWestChicago
09-01-2007, 08:36 AM
No...but I'm chuckling at the realization that 40-year-old Lofton is still a better player than Erstad.Your hatred of Erstad reveals very unpleasant things about your psychological profile.

SOXSINCE'70
09-01-2007, 08:59 AM

Can I add Chris Sabo,Mike Devereaux,John Kruk and
Danny Tartabull to this team??:D::D:

ode to veeck
09-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Actually, the Lofton experiment (for the 1st two healthy months) plus the few Pods healthy periods of the last couple of years showed how important a good leadoff is for the Sox offence. When Kenny was healthy for us for only 60 days and Pods was in good shape, the Sox had a powerful, leading, or at loeast, mostly successful offence. Without a good leadoff guy, they are middle of the pack to deplorable overall. Kenny, are you listening?

Nellie_Fox
09-02-2007, 02:36 AM
Can I add Chris Sabo,Mike Devereaux,John Kruk and
Danny Tartabull to this team??:D::D:Six years and over 3,000 posts, and you still don't know what teal is?

:tealtutor:

Grzegorz
09-02-2007, 06:12 AM
No...but I'm chuckling at the realization that 40-year-old Lofton is still a better player than Erstad.

So the answer is to sign forty-one year old over a thirty-two year old player? Erstad is better than Lofton defensively and provide the ability to spell players at two different positions.

Poor defense can lose just as many games as any other component failure that a team might suffer from.

Erstad, provided he is signed for next year, can step in at first base and in the outfield to spell those other position players.

He's above average defensively at both spots; one player, two positions filled.
Provided the price is right, he's just right person for the job.

Though the idea of making Erstad the scapegoat convenient it is also illogical.

MDF3530
09-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Six years and over 3,000 posts, and you still don't know what teal is?

:tealtutor:
Dang, you beat me to it.

soxfanreggie
09-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Kenny Lofton...no thanks! I haven't seen an attitude change by him, so I wouldn't want him on this team. There are players that can change over time, but I don't see him being one of them. Let him add a...14th?...jersey to his wall from another team rather than pulling his Sox one off the wall.

If we couldn't get Rowand, Torii, Mike, or Andruw...then I would consider Patterson. However, we still need to address the situation of a leadoff hitter.

TomParrish79
09-03-2007, 01:39 PM
http://static.grupthink.com/answer/f/f8af64908d1acb797469cd1270e3f0a5
Oh Jesus God No!