PDA

View Full Version : How will the rotation go after today's game being postponed?

HawkDJ
04-08-2002, 05:48 PM
Who will pitch tomorrow? Wright or Rauch? Who will pitch Wednesday? Rauch or Garland? Will Buehrle still pitch opening day? If so does that mean they will skip Garland or Rauch or Wright and put them in the pen?

Certainly alot of questions, I'm just waiting for the answers.

Mathew
04-08-2002, 06:01 PM
Since it's Jerry and Jacket Boy, who friggin knows! Depends on when they reschedule the game for too.

MattSharp
04-08-2002, 06:03 PM
To be honest I think they will skip Rauch. Hes the 5th man and I don't tihnk they will bump Buerhle. Plus it gives them an extra arm in the pen for anoother 5 days.....

doublem23
04-08-2002, 06:10 PM
Depends on what name Jerry picks out of his hat.

duke of dorwood
04-08-2002, 07:17 PM
They'll skip Rausch. The manager wont make changes.

Chisox_cali
04-08-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Rausch.

RAUCH :D:

:rauch
"You better get it right or else..."

Chisox_cali
04-08-2002, 07:28 PM
From whitesox.com

The pitching probables for the two remaining games will be Dan Wright vs. Steve Sparks on Tuesday, and Jon Garland vs. Jose Lima in the series finale on Wednesday. The first Major League start for right-hander Jon Rauch, who had been scheduled to Tuesday, will have to wait.

HawkDJ
04-08-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
From whitesox.com

Well the game could be rescheduled for Thursday since both teams have days off.

Wright and Garland are both known for control problems so hopefully they don't give up alot of free passes to a struggling offense and spark them. They have to throw strikes and make them earn runs. But...If Wright and Garland had to pitch against one team I would chose the Tigers. So I'm kindof so-so on our pitching for the short series.

A good thing from this if it is not played on Thursday is that we now have Rauch in the bullpen again for a couple days.

baggio202
04-08-2002, 09:29 PM
i dont if a decision has been made..but if i had to guess i dont think detropit would want to make this game up thursday....usually anytime a team that has attendace problems gets a rain out in april they look for an open date in the summer...when attendance is up...unless this thursday is the only time they can..ill bet its rescheduled later..

i would hope jerry skips raunch..that way he can make his first start sometime in the balt series after opening day...would be a better situation for him..imo

Pete_SSAC
04-08-2002, 09:33 PM
ESPN's ticker is reporting it's Rauch vs Lima tommrrow.

- Pete

Jerry_Manuel
04-09-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
ESPN's ticker is reporting it's Rauch vs Lima tommrrow.

- Pete

That's was the scheduled matchup for today, it's going to be Wright and Sparks.

Jerry_Manuel
04-09-2002, 07:08 AM
From the Trib:

Jon Rauch lost his chance to start on Tuesday due to Monday's rainout. Manuel said Dan Wright will go against the Tigers on Tuesday, with Jon Garland in his regular spot Wednesday. Rauch will be available in the bullpen for now, though Manuel didn't say whether Rauch would rejoin the rotation. With an off-day Thursday, the Sox won't need a fifth starter again until April 16 against Cleveland at Comiskey. Jim Parque could get that spot if he has another strong start for Triple-A Charlotte on Wednesday.