Fenway
08-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Boston hitless though 6

QCIASOXFAN
08-30-2007, 01:59 PM
And the hex is on..........

Oblong
08-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Has ESPN broken in on all 4 networks they own? As well as ABC? HBO is already firing up the documentary. SI is printing the commemorative edition cover as well.

oeo
08-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Boston hitless though 6

What happened to that great advanced scouting system that was put into place? Theo must have forgot to put the memo out for the Yankees series.

DSpivack
08-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Weird play just broke it up, although it could a Jeter throwing error.

GAsoxfan
08-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Has ESPN broken in on all 4 networks they own? As well as ABC? HBO is already firing up the documentary. SI is printing the commemorative edition cover as well.

Did anyone else read Buster Olney's article calling Joba Chamberlain "the savior"? It's been 8 games, he's never inherited a runner, and ESPN is calling him the savior.

Man I hate ESPN.

downstairs
08-30-2007, 02:05 PM

Error. No hitter still in play...

JermaineDye05
08-30-2007, 02:06 PM
no-no gone, mike lowell

DSpivack
Error. No hitter still in play...

There it is. :tongue:

downstairs
Yep. Now its officially over.

QCIASOXFAN
Is it gone?:?:

Foulke You
08-30-2007, 02:10 PM
I wonder if seeing the White Sox bullpen last weekend messed up Boston's offense? They got used to seeing all those fat pitches that catch the middle of the plate.:tongue:

DSpivack
08-30-2007, 02:14 PM
What happened to that great advanced scouting system that was put into place? Theo must have forgot to put the memo out for the Yankees series.

I wonder if seeing the White Sox bullpen last weekend messed up Boston's offense? They got used to seeing all those fat pitches that catch the middle of the plate.:tongue:

Perhaps they're not familiar with this team called the "Yankees."

jabrch
08-30-2007, 02:23 PM

I wonder how good that advanced scouting system would work if EVERY team had 150mm to spend on players?

Maybe, just maybe, Theo's brillliance would be exposed as being a nice way of describing the franchise's opulence.

Here's my challenge to Theo. Leave Boston - but this time REALLY LEAVE BOSTON. Go take the Pirates job. Go take the Reds job. Go take the Royals job. Bring your scouting system. Bring your calculator. Bring your dungeons and dragons set. And try it with a payroll of 39mm. Yes - and that includes any money you can use to buy the rights to Japanese players - so don't think you will bring every Matsuzaka with you.

Gimme a call when you break .500.

Fenway
08-30-2007, 03:04 PM
This game is getting ugly now (NYY up 5-0 )

Game turned on a HORRIFIC calls by the umpires...when they ruled Youk out because he was out of the basepath

He was out of the baseback but only AFTER A-Rod missed the tag to begin with.

Chips
08-30-2007, 03:05 PM

go yankees!!!!!!

chisoxmike
08-30-2007, 03:39 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEP CAROLINE! BA-BA-BA!

Maybe Red Sox fans will be humbled a bit...

:sweep

salty99
08-30-2007, 03:41 PM
The Sweep is complete.

Nellie_Fox

Nah, it'll just be the return of the curse.

Chips

:sweep

:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana:

itsnotrequired
08-30-2007, 03:49 PM

Probably but it will cost us all increased Yankee arrogance.

Huisj
08-30-2007, 03:50 PM

Game turned on a HORRIFIC calls by the umpires...when they ruled Youk out because he was out of the basepath

He was out of the baseback but only AFTER A-Rod missed the tag to begin with.

I'm going to respectfully disagree here. If he hadn't stepped that far away from A-Rod, he would have been tagged. Sure, he didn't step onto the grass until after the tag had been missed, but his momentum from his change in direction to avoid the tag carried him right into the grass--if he hadn't ended up in the grass, he would have gotten tagged, because he wouldn't have been able to change directions that quickly without ending up in the grass a half step later.

What was up with Chamberlain throwing two pitches over Youkilis' head in the 9th?

TheCommander
08-30-2007, 08:58 PM

Jeter?!?!? The man who walks on water and is a Gold Glove God made an error??? Fly the flags at half mast! Cancel all classes! Let's all have a moment of silence for gosh sakes!!! :redneck

Fenway
08-31-2007, 08:40 AM
By going hitless over the first six innings yesterday, the Red Sox suffered through at least five innings of no-hit ball in two straight games, the only time in 40 years that has happened, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/08/31/over_their_heads/

Ortiz thinks so

"We're not hitting. That's it," Ortiz said before adding his explanation for the offensive explosion in Chicago over the weekend. "We were facing the worst pitching in the league, I guess."

CLR01
08-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Probably but it will cost us all increased Yankee arrogance.

I can handle it, they can't get much more arrogant than they already are.