nsolo
08-29-2007, 11:31 PM
O.k. who's first?

CLR01
08-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Tampa gains a game on us, only 4 back. :unsure:

JB98
08-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Texas made four errors tonight, and we still couldn't win.

We're not that far away from a return to contention.

A. Cavatica
08-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Hmmmm...where did I put that Corpseball tag?

peeonwrigley
08-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Tampa gains a game on us, only 4 back. :unsure:

Someone please tell me there's an ARod-esque player available in the draft... that way I could enjoy the losing.

DoItForDanPasqua
08-29-2007, 11:39 PM
The tragic number is down to 13.

CLR01
08-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Someone please tell me there's an ARod-esque player available in the draft... that way I could enjoy the losing.

Maybe they can draft Aaron Rowand. http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/shrug.gif

SluggersAway
08-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Bring up everyone from Charlotte and Birmingham already!

chisoxmike
08-29-2007, 11:50 PM
The tragic number is down to 13.

Actually, it's 12.:(:

JB98
08-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Bring up everyone from Charlotte and Birmingham already!

Haven't they already done that? Four guys in the starting lineup tonight did not begin the season in the big leagues.

cwsfannick
08-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Two pathetic ball clubs. I cannot believe I continue to waste my time watching this team.

It really is amazing how fast this team has fallen since 2005. :(:

StillMissOzzie
08-29-2007, 11:55 PM
This team just keeps getting harder and harder to care about. Totally lifeless. As someone in the gamethread mentioned, I knew that the Sox would blow their best scoring opportunity (again/as usual) when Richar swung at a neck-level strike two.
That is was Sosa getting both the game-tying and game-winning RBIs just made it that much harder to take.
Tomorrow, I am gonna watch a REAL minor league team instead of these MLB-that-belong-in-the-minors pretenders...the Kane County Cougars.

Bah humbug, White Sox.

SMO
:angry::(::mad:

Woofer
08-29-2007, 11:55 PM
It's so bad, it becomes funny after a while. How can this team NOT get a key hit EVER?:angry:

NDSox12
08-29-2007, 11:59 PM

Even if there is, Boras will probably grab him as a client and the Sox won't touch him.

SluggersAway
08-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Haven't they already done that? Four guys in the starting lineup tonight did not begin the season in the big leagues.

I am ready for the pitching staff to be made up off minor leaguers as well.

southsideirish71
08-30-2007, 12:05 AM

Pedro Alvarez, not quite Arod. But a crapload better than anything in the system.

kitekrazy
08-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Any extra inning game I usually peg as a loss.

soltrain21
08-30-2007, 12:50 AM
Pedro Alvarez, not quite Arod. But a crapload better than anything in the system.

We'll **** him up, don't worry.

JB98
08-30-2007, 01:09 AM
I am ready for the pitching staff to be made up off minor leaguers as well.

The pitching staff is already made up of minor-leaguers. Aside from Buehrle, Gar, Javy and Jenks, this pitching staff is full of guys who belong in AAA.

QCIASOXFAN
08-30-2007, 01:23 AM
Two pathetic ball clubs. I cannot believe I continue to waste my time watching this team.

It really is amazing how fast this team has fallen since 2005. :(:
The game wasn't televised in my area or I would have wasted my time also.:(:

MetroPD
08-30-2007, 04:47 AM
Just think positive, we have best-worst $100 million baseball club in the bigs, at least we can claim that.

LITTLE NELL
08-30-2007, 06:38 AM
One of the worst pitching staffs strikes us out 13 times. How did we ever beat TB on Monday?

mwc44
08-30-2007, 07:39 AM
See signature... just change the team reference to the 2007 Chicago White Sox. :angry: :(: :angry:

itsnotrequired
08-30-2007, 07:43 AM
The game wasn't televised in my area or I would have wasted my time also.:(:

I stayed up until 11:30 watching the "game" and got up this morning at 5:30. Sleep? Who needs sleep during a playoff chase?!

:happybday

LITTLE NELL
08-30-2007, 07:48 AM
Living in SW Florida I dont get to watch the Sox much. This year its a blessing. Tonight I get to watch the Rays and Orioles, should be a great game compared to the Sox and Texas.

Palehose Pete
08-30-2007, 07:48 AM
On the last game of the year, I'm going to bid farewell to the 2007 Sox Irish wake-style. It will be a joyful event to see this train-wreck of the season end.

:gulp:

Hitmen77
08-30-2007, 08:17 AM
I hope Sox management is really going to think long and hard about what's wrong with this team. I'm discouraged to hear JR say Ozzie "gets an A" and KW say that "we're not far from contention".

I hope that's only just a positive face they want to put on for the media while they privately realize they have some serious problems with their organization. I know they fired Duane Shaffer, but one guy isn't solely responsible for this mess we're in.

Beside Jim Thome, the entire rest of the lineup manages just TWO HITS in 11 innings against the Rangers pitching staff? Pathetic! But, that's okay because Ozzie and Walker are doing a heckuva job - and we're not that far off in terms of players who can win it for us.:angry:

salty99
08-30-2007, 08:44 AM

If he's represented by Boras you can forget about the Sox selecting him.

nsolo
08-30-2007, 08:53 AM
I hope Sox management is really going to think long and hard about what's wrong with this team. I'm discouraged to hear JR say Ozzie "gets an A" and KW say that "we're not far from contention".

I hope that's only just a positive face they want to put on for the media while they privately realize they have some serious problems with their organization. I know they fired Duane Shaffer, but one guy isn't solely responsible for this mess we're in.

Beside Jim Thome, the entire rest of the lineup manages just TWO HITS in 11 innings against the Rangers pitching staff? Pathetic! But, that's okay because Ozzie and Walker are doing a heckuva job - and we're not that far off in terms of players who can win it for us.:angry:

Great post. I'm so tired of this organizations apparent "man love" for Walker. I'm also tired of radio personalities that state that our players are getting paid a lot to be professionals and that they know what to do to perform as expected. If that's the case, why have a hitting coach? Even if its a symbolic move to fire Walker, it should be done. We've fired other hitting coaches for less.

I especially agree about management putting on a positive face about the situation. We don't just stink, it more of a deathly effluvia that offends all the senses. Even with medicore talent, one can expect a fluke seeing eye hit here and there to score a runner. With our team, you expect a strike out.

I could rant and rant to vent my frustration, but all that seems to happen is the continuation of poorly disguised positive spin telling me not to worry, we're just a player or two from contention. Bullcrap! :angry:

Tragg
08-30-2007, 08:59 AM
This offense gets more and more inept as each day passes. The youngsters aren't getting better and the veterans are in a rut.
Where's this coaching staff?

CLR01
08-30-2007, 09:44 AM
This offense gets more and more inept as each day passes. The youngsters aren't getting better and the veterans are in a rut.
Where's this coaching staff?

Sitting at the poker table smoking cigars. Where else would they be?

palehozenychicty
08-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Well, they need to clean up the roster. We know that much.

wassagstdu
08-30-2007, 11:21 AM
We don't just stink, it more of a deathly effluvia that offends all the senses.

Iguchi had the 2007 Sox disease, now he is hitting above .300 for the Phils. There is some poison on this team.

Tragg
08-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Owens' OBP is .295.
Richar's is .277, but he has a higher OPS and has been hitting out of the 9 hole with the "benefit" of, well, Owens' protection.

How bout switching them for a couple of weeks and see what happens? Or hit him 2nd and let Fields hit in a power position?

Owens really has the least talent, but has been given the best opportunity of all of the young outfielders...for some reason (a lot of it is just timing - he was healthy when the Sox were obviously cooked).

Where's Sweeney? Not good enough for this offense?

JB98
08-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Iguchi had the 2007 Sox disease, now he is hitting above .300 for the Phils. There is some poison on this team.

I was thinking about that too. Tad has been playing his best ball in two years since going over to Philadelphia. How much of that is seeing weaker NL pitching and how much of that is perhaps a sign of problems in our clubhouse?

Foulke You
08-30-2007, 12:21 PM
I was thinking about that too. Tad has been playing his best ball in two years since going over to Philadelphia. How much of that is seeing weaker NL pitching and how much of that is perhaps a sign of problems in our clubhouse?
I think the weaker NL pitching has a LOT to do with it as well as the NL pitchers not being familiar with his hitting tendencies. Plus, Iguchi was bothered by some nagging injuries earlier in the year. I'm willing to bet that those injuries have healed by now.

LITTLE NELL
08-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Owens' OBP is .295.
Richar's is .277, but he has a higher OPS and has been hitting out of the 9 hole with the "benefit" of, well, Owens' protection.

How bout switching them for a couple of weeks and see what happens? Or hit him 2nd and let Fields hit in a power position?

Owens really has the least talent, but has been given the best opportunity of all of the young outfielders...for some reason (a lot of it is just timing - he was healthy when the Sox were obviously cooked).

Where's Sweeney? Not good enough for this offense?
Id like to see Richar bat leadoff also. What kind of SB record did he have in minors. I have no idea why fields is batting second, Richar might be really good batting 2nd. At this point Id try anything if I was Ozzie.

soxfanatlanta
08-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Id like to see Richar bat leadoff also. What kind of SB record did he have in minors. I have no idea why fields is batting second, Richar might be really good batting 2nd. At this point Id try anything if I was Ozzie.

Richar had 4 steals in 32 games at Charlotte; not much to go on. Perhaps Fields is in the 2nd spot because that will help him learn to be a better contact hitter. You cannot just swing away when your purpose is to set the table for the boppers.

Just a thought.

oeo
08-30-2007, 02:11 PM

From what I've seen, he looks like a Willie Harris or Joey Gathright. He can flat out fly, but can't steal bases consistently. That's something he needs to work on, IMO.

As already mentioned, I'd like to see Richar moved up to see what he can do with Thome protecting him (yes that would be three lefties in a row, too bad). At the same time, I want to see if Fields can continue what he's doing without Thome's protection behind him because he will likely be batting lower in the order next year.

Randar68
08-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Even if there is, Boras will probably grab him as a client and the Sox won't touch him.

Nah, the draft rules would allow the Sox to have another equivalent pick in the next draft if they fail to sign their first round pick. This rule was instituted starting with this past draft, but all 1st rounders signed, so no compensation picks in the 2008 draft will be awarded.

This rule should help allow teams to take the best player available (unless the new norm will be for kids to demand MLB contracts to keep a team from signing/drafting them)