PDA

View Full Version : Theo's bold idea seems to be working

Fenway
08-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Theo Epstein has had good and bad moments ( Hi JD Drew )

But this year he came up with an advance scouting system that Francona now says has given the team 8-9 more wins.

Boston sends 2 advance scouts BUT when the Red Sox arrive to play that team one of them stays behind ( or flies back to Boston ) and goes over the material with the players.

I suspect everybody will be doing this soon

Patrick134
08-27-2007, 05:37 PM

But this year he came up with an advance scouting system that Francona now says has given the team 8-9 more wins.

Boston sends 2 advance scouts BUT when the Red Sox arrive to play that team one of them stays behind ( or flies back to Boston ) and goes over the material with the players.

eh, sounds overrated. I'm sure the scout had secret nuggets of knowledge like "Konerko is slow" or "Uribe swings at everything".

DumpJerry
08-27-2007, 05:41 PM
This is a bold idea?

Do we have to prepare oursleves for a "Fenway Red Sox Lovefest" until Opening Day in April, 2008?

ilsox7
08-27-2007, 05:50 PM
It's pretty sad that every team does not do this.

oeo
08-27-2007, 05:51 PM
What's so bold about it? :?:

Is it risky business to send advance scouts out?

chisoxmike
08-27-2007, 05:53 PM
The Sox should be doing this. For the past two years (ok, year and a half) they've looked completely unprepared for every game.

Risk
08-27-2007, 05:56 PM
And the media's unrelenting, non-stop ass-kissing of Theo's genius continues.:rolleyes:

I can't wait for the media's coverage of Red Sox nation's collective orgasm during the playoffs.

Risk

chisoxmike
08-27-2007, 06:01 PM
And the media's unrelenting, non-stop ass-kissing of Theo's genius continues.:rolleyes:

I can't wait for the media's coverage of Red Sox nation's collective orgasm during the playoffs.

Risk

Come on Risk, they're America's team. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:peehttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Y2FhdlwpTegS1M:http://img.webring.com/r/r/redsox/logo (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img.webring.com/r/r/redsox/logo&imgrefurl=http://n.webring.com/hub%3Fring%3Dredsox%3Bid%3D18%3Bprvw&h=533&w=545&sz=18&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=Y2FhdlwpTegS1M:&tbnh=130&tbnw=133&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dred%2Bsox%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl %3Den%26sa%3DG)

The Immigrant
08-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Theo also invented the question mark.

skottyj242
08-27-2007, 08:28 PM

Seriously Fenway....who cares? I am really getting sick of your posts just to tell you. I and most of the fans here don't care about Boston, I don't care about the Red Sox or the Patriots or the Bruins or the damn Celtics.

soltrain21
08-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Seriously Fenway....who cares? I am really getting sick of your posts just to tell you. I and most of the fans here don't care about Boston, I don't care about the Red Sox or the Patriots or the Bruins or the damn Celtics.

Last time I checked; this was in Talking Baseball. He is talking about how they send Advanced Scouts, and I think its a great idea.

Nobody forces you to read them.

skottyj242
08-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Last time I checked; this was in Talking Baseball. He is talking about how they send Advanced Scouts, and I think its a great idea.

Nobody forces you to read them.

You are right. I should have saved my rant for one of the other nineteen thousand threads Fenway is going to start today. Sorry for bothering you.

schmitty9800
08-27-2007, 08:51 PM
You are right. I should have saved my rant for one of the other nineteen thousand threads Fenway is going to start today. Sorry for bothering you.Then don't click on them? His threads are an interesting part of this forum; your spamming and complaining isn't.

soltrain21
08-27-2007, 08:51 PM
You are right. I should have saved my rant for one of the other nineteen thousand threads Fenway is going to start today. Sorry for bothering you.

Bad day at work?

skottyj242
08-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Then don't click on them? His threads are an interesting part of this forum; your spamming and complaining isn't.

So I'm a spammer? I would really enjoy proof on my spamming.

chisoxmike
08-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Then don't click on them? His threads are an interesting part of this forum; your spamming and complaining isn't.

Not when the Talking Baseball forum turns into Red Sox Interactive.

skottyj242
08-27-2007, 08:53 PM

Me and Mike are mad spammers.

chisoxmike
08-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Me and Mike are mad spammers.

Crazy mad.

schmitty9800
08-27-2007, 08:55 PM
I see eight Fenway threads on the first page; three are about the Red Sox.

chisoxmike
08-27-2007, 08:56 PM

Four are about the Red Sox.

skottyj242
08-27-2007, 08:57 PM

I like beer.

schmitty9800
08-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Four are about the Red Sox.I didn't count the Bob Ryan article because it was more about the St. Louis Browns, but I guess I'll give it to you.

champagne030
08-27-2007, 09:16 PM

And I see that Francona like to kiss the ass of his boss. His team is in first place because they have the best pitching staff in baseball. End of story.

Fenway
08-28-2007, 09:54 AM
The fact that they have one of the scouts going back to the team before the first game helps in more ways than you know. 2 hours of chatting little tidbits come out that may not be written down

We saw an example Saturday.....

Boston third base coach DeMarlo Hale was told to watch Andy Gonzalez closely as he had a habit of not throwing the ball in. Boston stole a run and at the time it was a big one.

BTW Theo is on very thin ice. If Boston fails to make the playoffs or does poorly in them Lucchino wants him gone because of J D Drew. It is no secret Lucchino and Epstein can not stand each other.

jabrch
08-28-2007, 12:31 PM

How about one *OFFICIAL BOSTON RED SOX THREAD* so Red Sox Nation can find themselves somewhere to go when all the places devoted to Red Sox Baseball are otherwise unavailable?

downstairs
08-28-2007, 04:27 PM
How about one *OFFICIAL BOSTON RED SOX THREAD* so Red Sox Nation can find themselves somewhere to go when all the places devoted to Red Sox Baseball are otherwise unavailable?

You don't have to click on them, much less comment in them, if you don't want.

Or, heck, you could start up some threads on the Mariners, Cardinals, or any other such team here if you want.

PatK
08-28-2007, 04:47 PM
I don't get what's so "bold" about this. Doesn't every team pretty much have scouts?

soxinem1
08-29-2007, 03:17 PM

This is 'Talking Baseball', isn't it? I for one, do have an interest in what other teams are doing, and I for sure would rahter read about BOS than CHC here........

Nellie_Fox
08-29-2007, 03:23 PM
This is 'Talking Baseball', isn't it? I for one, do have an interest in what other teams are doing, and I for sure would rahter read about BOS than CHC here........Yep, "Talking Baseball" is the proper forum for Red Sox stuff, WTS if for Cubsessing.

Fenway
08-29-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't get what's so "bold" about this. Doesn't every team pretty much have scouts?

No other team has one of the advance scouts go back and talk with the team. By doing that "little"things they may not include in the written report may come out.

PatK
08-29-2007, 04:14 PM
No other team has one of the advance scouts go back and talk with the team. By doing that "little"things they may not include in the written report may come out.

That just seems silly that they are the only one that does it.

Fenway
08-29-2007, 04:16 PM
That just seems silly that they are the only one that does it.

My point exactly......