PDA

View Full Version : show of hands: opening day attendees

cheeses_h_rice
04-08-2002, 03:08 PM
I'll be there with my brother and about 20 of his friends.

Temps in the upper 60s or low 70s forecast; I'll take that over last year's wintry gales.

Lisa
04-08-2002, 03:11 PM
I'll be there - but I'm playing hooky from work, so don't tell anyone.

Cheryl
04-08-2002, 03:12 PM
Me--but I put in for Friday off. It's 'personal business.'

voodoochile
04-08-2002, 03:13 PM
I'll be there with 4 friends - 2 flubbie fans and a Tribe lover I really need some new friends :D:

pearso66
04-08-2002, 03:13 PM
i'll be there with my family, and my girlfriend

hold2dibber
04-08-2002, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't possibly miss it -- it is the most sacred religious holiday on my calendar. I'm there with my wife and about 15 family members.

Moses_Scurry
04-08-2002, 03:26 PM
I'll be there with a beer in one hand and a giant foam #1 glove in the other! I'll also be wearing my floppy hat and only paying attention when Magglio is up!

kermittheefrog
04-08-2002, 03:30 PM
Usually I play hooky from school on Opening Day but this year it's on spring break! What the hell is up with that?

Anyway I'll be there with blue hair :smile:

doublem23
04-08-2002, 03:31 PM
I'll be skippin' school for it! :smile: Me and my girlfriend... we're way up in the upper deck :D:

FarmerAndy
04-08-2002, 03:33 PM
I'll be there, and back again on saturday.

How many of you are going to saturdays game? Any guesses on how bad the attendance will drop on saturday?

hmmmm! Maybe that's why they are giving out the magnetic schedules at the second home game this year, instead of on opening day. They figure they might ATTRACT more fans with the magnetic schedules. (Put that on the record as the worst joke I've ever made.) :)

doublem23
04-08-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Anyway I'll be there with blue hair :smile:

After graduation, I'll be at Comiskey with me bleached blonde hair... a la Mark "Slim Shady" Buehrle.

RedPinStripes
04-08-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I'll be there with 4 friends - 2 flubbie fans and a Tribe lover I really need some new friends :D:

Need some back up? :D:

I'm not sure what day I'll be there. One of the days over the weeekend for sure though. Opening day is a strong possibility.

Chisox_cali
04-08-2002, 03:40 PM
I'll be at home watching the game, with my long black hair :smile:

CerberusWG
04-08-2002, 03:40 PM
No tickets..as of now.

voodoochile
04-08-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

How many of you are going to saturdays game? Any guesses on how bad the attendance will drop on saturday?

hmmmm! Maybe that's why they are giving out the magnetic schedules at the second home game this year, instead of on opening day. They figure they might ATTRACT more fans with the magnetic schedules. (Put that on the record as the worst joke I've ever made.) :)

Are you kidding? That is too funny... Another Genius Marketing Ploy by Gallas and the Boyz... I mean come on - you ALWAYS give away the schedule at the home opener - all sports.

:gallas
We don't need to tell our fans when all of the home games are early in the season. The loyal ones already know and we don't want the casual fan at Comiskey. Besides, this way we saved $100's on magnetic schedules...

hold2dibber
04-08-2002, 03:42 PM

Sat. attendance will depend upon (a) what the Sox do against the Tigers and on Fri.; and (2) weather. If they're riding a 4 game winning streak into Sat. and it is 70 degrees and sunny, I bet they draw 25,000. If they're 2-8 and it's 25 degrees with freezing drizzle, they'll draw whatever the season ticket holder number is, but 6,000 people will actually be in the seats.

voodoochile
04-08-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Need some back up? :D:

I'm not sure what day I'll be there. One of the days over the weeekend for sure though. Opening day is a strong possibility.

I'll have 35K+ of my closest fans with me. Besides, most of my friends will be rooting for the Sox (not the Triber, but the two flubbie fans) because they like me... "they really really like me."

FarmerAndy
04-08-2002, 03:46 PM

Are you kidding? That is too funny... Another Genius Marketing Ploy by Gallas and the Boyz... I mean come on - you ALWAYS give away the schedule at the home opener - all sports.

We don't need to tell our fans when all of the home games are early in the season. The loyal ones already know and we don't want the casual fan at Comiskey. Besides, this way we saved $100's on magnetic schedules...

No joke! I couldn't believe it either.

doublem23
04-08-2002, 03:46 PM
I'll have 35K+ of my closest fans with me. Besides, most of my friends will be rooting for the Sox (not the Triber, but the two flubbie fans) because they like me... "they really really like me."

I'll just file that under the "Too Much Information" folder... :smile:

ilovemags30
04-08-2002, 03:49 PM
ou ou ou!!!! (raising hand in air frantically) ill be there and ill be at sunday(mags bobblehead day and dog day!!) yay!!! im so excited.. i cant wait.. my first game this season that ill see~~> :maggs live in person! whoopie!!!!!

duke of dorwood
04-08-2002, 03:51 PM
I am there with 5 others

:reinsy

Scrap Iron Bobble Heads to first 35,000

kermittheefrog
04-08-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
No tickets..as of now.

Wannna buy cheap upper deckers from me for face value? I have two friends who cancelled.

voodoochile
04-08-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

I'll just file that under the "Too Much Information" folder... :smile:

Hey, you can never have "TMI" especially if you are a fan of the Sox attending the home opener - then you cannot even get enough information about the rest of the home dates...

JR told me to do it, don't blame me...

:reinsy
I am a genius. I built this team in 1987 when the know-nothing fans wanted to continue our futile 3.5 game pursuit of the Tribe, I made the best decision in team sports history. I dumped the team for a bunch of minor leaguers who have managed to help win ONE WHOLE DIVISION TITLE since. The fans don't understand the genius it takes to make decisions that make it harder for them to attend the game. They are all a bunch of idiots, and it is their fault that the Sox stink. Heck if more of them would memorize the schedule when it is released, they could come to the park and enjoy the dynasty that I have built. Besides, like Rob said in his last statement - we saved hundreds of dollars on those magnetic schedules - did you get that you morons? HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS!!!

:iron
You guys make Mikey look smart... You know I don't often use these tags when I am talking but...

:whoflungpoo

voodoochile
04-08-2002, 04:09 PM
My buddie the flubbie fan says the flubbies are giving away schedule at EACH of their first three games...

RedPinStripes
04-08-2002, 04:10 PM

Yeah, I have a lot of flubby fan friends. I've talked some sense into a few of them. I always wonder about Biggie BJ though.

He's supposedly a flubs fan, but has been at every broadcast accept for one on S n R . He wants a 5 minute session to talk to sox fans on the air with out us beating his ass in the middle of it. and he says it's not Sox bashing either. lol I'm thinking about giving him the floor for 5 min. Should be interesting. he still wont tell me what he wants to say.

RedPinStripes
04-08-2002, 04:12 PM
My buddie the flubbie fan says the flubbies are giving away schedule at EACH of their first three games...

I remember the Sox did that last year with the magnetic schedules. That worked out great for me. Stuck to my tool Box well. I want another.

NorthSideConvert
04-08-2002, 04:15 PM
I'll be there all three games this weekend. Tailgating Friday :gulp: Havent decided what color hair though.

NSC

RedPinStripes
04-08-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by NorthSideConvert
I'll be there all three games this weekend. Tailgating Friday :gulp: Havent decided what color hair though.

NSC

Tailgating is a must! I always make sure I down some beers so i don't spend 200.00 on beer in the park.

AnthonyGiacalone
04-08-2002, 04:30 PM
My Dad and I will be there, about the third row down the right field line.

I hope to see you all there.

doublem23
04-08-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by AnthonyGiacalone
My Dad and I will be there, about the third row down the right field line.

I hope to see you all there.

Welcome to WSI, Anthony!

You won't see me though, unless you look up into Section 504, somewhere in either Row 19 or 22 :smile:

RedPinStripes
04-08-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Welcome to WSI, Anthony!

You won't see me though, unless you look up into Section 504, somewhere in either Row 19 or 22 :smile:

There ever a meeting place and time for WSI posters at Comiskey?

ChiSoxJohn
04-08-2002, 05:14 PM
I'm there on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Let's go Sox!!!

:gulp:

Lisa
04-08-2002, 07:37 PM

I'll be there on Saturday too. I love season tickets.

Lisa
04-08-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by NorthSideConvert

NSC

I'll be seeing you at "the" tailgate, NSC - and I'm looking forward to it. I haven't seen you since last season. Four words - Carlos Lee Home Run. :D:

OutInLeftField
04-08-2002, 08:07 PM
I will be there on Friday. My fourth consecutive home opener. My son, the world's second biggest Sox fan was born a week before the opener four years ago, hence I missed the opener.

I will be OutInLeftField (the bleachers) as I am 30-40 games a year.

Sox55
04-08-2002, 08:10 PM
I'll be there with about 20 others from SOX FANS ON DECK as usual. :cool:

Procol Harum
04-08-2002, 08:49 PM
I'll be there with sons #2 and #3 (2nd and 4th graders) who will be coming down with a serious case of baseball fever come Friday morning. They don't know about it yet--I'll wait to tell them after breakfast...Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha :)

DrCrawdad
04-08-2002, 09:10 PM
As Michael Jackson once said...

I'll be there!

I'm sitting in section 154 row 23. I'm hoping that I win tickets to either Saturday or Sunday from WXRT. A couple weeks ago they had a contest to win tickets to either Saturday or Sunday after Opening Day.

I'll be with my wife and our new addition to the White Sox fan family...

Daver
04-08-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
As Michael Jackson once said...

I'll be there!

I'm sitting in section 154 row 23. I'm hoping that I win tickets to either Saturday or Sunday from WXRT. A couple weeks ago they had a contest to win tickets to either Saturday or Sunday after Opening Day.

I'll be with my wife and our new addition to the White Sox fan family...

Congrats to you Doc,the world needs more Sox fans.

kermittheefrog
04-08-2002, 11:07 PM

There ever a meeting place and time for WSI posters at Comiskey?

We should pick one. What would be a good place?

RedPinStripes
04-08-2002, 11:15 PM

We should pick one. What would be a good place?

Maybe in the outfield somewhere. Sec 109 in the top of the 3rd? That's right in the corner in RF.

CubKilla
04-08-2002, 11:17 PM
Hoping to make it out there. Afterall, Opening Day is what sick days were meant for. May need 2 or 3 tix. If anyone has any extras on Thursday, and if I can't get any at the box office before then, let me know. PEACE!

kermittheefrog
04-08-2002, 11:24 PM

Maybe in the outfield somewhere. Sec 109 in the top of the 3rd? That's right in the corner in RF.

Sounds good to me. How about everyone else?

voodoochile
04-08-2002, 11:35 PM

Sounds good to me. How about everyone else?

My seats are in the upper deck. Last year you couldn't get to the lower level unless you had lower deck seats. Besides, by the time I get there and get back to my friends, half the game will be over. I would love to meat some of the guys and gals from this site, but I don't know if that is going to be the best time and place for me to do it...

CLR01
04-09-2002, 01:00 AM
Man it seemd like WSI members and their families/friends bought up the majority of the tickets. :smile:

Unfortunately the 1:05 starts will not allow me to attend any of them. Friday i have to work and there is no way i could wake up early enough on the weekend to attend. Ofcourse maybe my boss will have an extra ticket and "force" me to go to the home opener. He's has done it a number of times (game 2 alds being one of them) so ill have to cross my fingers.

bc2k
04-09-2002, 01:48 AM
Friday's opener I'm sitting section 348 row 5 seats 6-7. Farmer/Rooney said they are giving away ponchos to fans on friday. This will be my third consecutive home opener.

Sunday's Magglio bobble head day, I'll be sitting 346 row 5 seat 19-20.

If anybody else is sitting club level in left field, we'll have to meet up before the game.

Kilroy
04-09-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Lisa
I love season tickets.

:hawk You do?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to join my WSI bretheren on opening day this year. I'll be in Vegas betting on the Sox.

But three games next week...

SosaNavaroSUCK
04-09-2002, 06:02 PM
Ill be there skipping school and baseball pratcie...ahh cant wait it will be warm unlike last year

uisoxfan
04-09-2002, 09:40 PM
I can't make it to Opening Day, but I'll be there Saturday. That's when the real fans show up anyway, isn't it.

Dadawg_77
04-09-2002, 10:51 PM
Hey won't be able to do this Friday, but it might be an idea, if a groupd could get together and have one of those parties out patio. What was it $22 a ticket, and would have to happen on a 1/2 price night. I remeber reading something like that in a letter they sent for season ticket holders.

FarmerAndy
04-10-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Lisa

I'll be there on Saturday too. I love season tickets.

I have split season tickets. We are in 116. Last year we were in row 17, we're moving a few rows forward this year. That's where I'll be parked on Friday.

I got tickets for Saturday off EBAY. Section 127!!!

Kinda off the mark, but is anybody else going to see Pegboy at the Empty Bottle Friday night after the game????

JoeBatters
04-10-2002, 01:54 PM
I'll be there with the rest of the Sox and Roll staff . I wont have any hair on my head but will have multiple beers in my hand at all times and my Chia Royce in the other and o yeah i'll be wearing my black jersey with JoeBatters on the back .

VeeckAsInWreck
04-10-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm there for this whole weekend! I wonder how many of you I will see there after Friday? :smile:

Cheryl
04-10-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Hey won't be able to do this Friday, but it might be an idea, if a groupd could get together and have one of those parties out patio. What was it $22 a ticket, and would have to happen on a 1/2 price night. I remeber reading something like that in a letter they sent for season ticket holders.

I was at a patio party a couple of years ago. The food is not good, the beer is a choice of Miller or Lite, and the room is packed with multiple party groups--the noise level is enough to make my ears bleed.

Just so you know.

Cheryl
04-10-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I'm there for this whole weekend! I wonder how many of you I will see there after Friday? :smile:

I can't make it Sat or Sun, but I'm taking off work again Monday for the half price day game.