PDA

View Full Version : *** Official 46-7 series sweep ***

downstairs
08-26-2007, 04:15 PM
We held them under 30 for 4 games. Other than that....

...Go Bears.

DickAllen72
08-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Did something happen between AJ and Walker today? Someone on another board mentioned that the Boston announcing crew mentioned some type of "incident".

kitekrazy
08-26-2007, 04:19 PM
...Go Bears.

WE could've used Bears defense after each 3rd inning.

palehozenychicty
08-26-2007, 04:20 PM
That Tom Brady sure looks inspired this year being a new father.

Someone has to be held accountable. This is disgusting.

FedEx227
08-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Did something happen between AJ and Walker today? Someone on another board mentioned that the Boston announcing crew mentioned some type of "incident".

I honestly hope so. Walker needs to go. I know, coaches have no bearing on the players whatsoever. But it speaks volumes when team-wide hitting is as awful as it is. I can understand if its 2-3 guys having some problems, but when rookies and veterans are struggling equally, that's a problem. Who knows if hes the problem or not, all I know is, he's not a solution.

JB98

After AJ grounded out in the seventh inning, I saw he and Walker having words in the dugout in the background of one of WGN's camera shots.

Two big mistakes in the fifth inning today. The Sox failed to turn a DP on that grounder off the bat of Lugo. Then, Javy missed location badly on the 3-2 pitch to Pedroia. AJ wanted that fastball on the outside corner. It started on the corner and tailed over the middle of the plate, and Pedroia drilled it for a two-run single. Ballgame.

We have no room for error against this club, and we made a ton of mistakes. Result: 46-7.

Jerko

AJ made an out and was yapping on his way back into the dugout. I couldn't tell at the time it was Walker or what the big deal was. just one of 27 nondescript outs.

I wonder what the record is for consecutive games getting less hits than the other team gets runs.....

Tragg
08-26-2007, 04:27 PM
3 hits today...offense has stunk all year.
Bad defense.
And that pen...Meyers - 4 appearances and he's been annhiliated 4 times. Who needs young talent with he and Bukvich around.
At the very least, this coaching staff needs to be shaken up. Ozzie's boys now have the 2nd worst record in all of baseball and only 5 games ahead of the Devil Rays.

Lip Man 1
08-26-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm honestly hard pressed to find or remember a worse four game performance since I've been a fan. And by that I mean just a four game stretch, it doesn't have to be against a single opponent.

I've run out of words to describe this team and the feeling I have towards them.

Does anybody have the slightest doubt they've quit on the season (which I guess I could understand) or on Ozzie?

Lip

JB98
08-26-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm honestly hard pressed to find or remember a worse four game performance since I've been a fan. And by that I mean just a four game stretch, it doesn't have to be against a single opponent.

I've run out of words to describe this team and the feeling I have towards them.

Does anybody have the slightest doubt they've quit on the season (which I guess I could understand) or on Ozzie?

Lip

I'll describe the feeling I have toward this team: Disrespect. I don't respect the way this group goes about their business. They are quickly becoming my least favorite Sox team of all time. I thought I hated the '95 team. This team is rapidly ascending the chart.

palehozenychicty
08-26-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't know who these guys are, but.....

THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX NEED TO STAND UP.

Jerko
08-26-2007, 04:40 PM
I'll describe the feeling I have toward this team: Disrespect. I don't respect the way this group goes about their business. They are quickly becoming my least favorite Sox team of all time. I thought I hated the '95 team. This team is rapidly ascending the chart.

I agree. When I'm at the games I groan at least 4 or 5 times when they announce the starting lineup. Never had so many players I didn't care for on the same team.

JB98
08-26-2007, 04:45 PM
I agree. When I'm at the games I groan at least 4 or 5 times when they announce the starting lineup. Never had so many players I didn't care for on the same team.

The individuals on this club just don't seem to play within a team concept. The approach at the plate is horrible. Defensively, I see guys not knowing situations. We have a host of relief pitchers who beat themselves by not throwing strikes.

In short, this team just doesn't know how to play the game. Fundamentally, the club is bankrupt. I think we had some fundamentally poor play last year too, but it didn't matter as much because we had two men with 40-plus HRs and two others with 30-plus HRs. These days, the ball isn't going out of the ballpark at the same frequency, and we just can't score enough runs to cover up our fundamental weaknesses.

LITTLE NELL
08-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Ive never seen a Sox team this pathetic, the 1970 team right now would beat this team hands down. How can a team that won 189 games the last two years implode like this.

TomParrish79
08-26-2007, 04:48 PM
ehhhh it could be worse

palehozenychicty
08-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Ive never seen a Sox team this pathetic, the 1970 team right now would beat this team hands down. How can a team that won 189 games the last two years implode like this.

Age, lack of athleticism, and lack of fundamentals.

PKalltheway
08-26-2007, 04:51 PM
ehhhh it could be worse
This is bad, but I agree, it could be worse. We could have the worst record in baseball, or we could have given up 30 runs in a single game.

peeonwrigley
08-26-2007, 04:53 PM
This is bad, but I agree, it could be worse. We could have the worst record in baseball, or we could have given up 30 runs in a single game.

I'd rather give up 30 and lose one game that way (or even sleepwalk through the doubleheader) than not even show up for a series like this weekend.

MarySwiss
08-26-2007, 04:54 PM

Well, we still have time. :(:

kittle42
08-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Threads like this one make me glad I haven't watched this team in about a month.

I hold 1/3 of a full season package and have probably gone to fewer than ten games this year. Why should I? They suck.

voodoochile
08-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Threads like this one make me glad I haven't watched this team in about a month.

I hold 1/3 of a full season package and have probably gone to fewer than ten games this year. Why should I? They suck.

I had a similar experience in 2001 when I purchased my 27-game pack but the new job often required me to work late and the team just wasn't worth following much later in the season.

I had a bad feeling something like this was coming after the Friday debacle.

I honestly don't care if this team wins a bunch of game the rest of the season, play for next year whatever that means and take the highest draft pick you can get. Even if it doesn't mean as much as it does in other sports, it's still the best option...

MCHSoxFan
08-26-2007, 05:07 PM

...Go Bears.

... AND BULLS!!! :tongue:

itsnotrequired
I tried to choke myself to death but I apparently made it out alive.

Sig update time...

SoxSpeed22
I'm on strike again. The only times I'll be here are either during Bears games or making my picks for the 2nd WSI football league. Or possibly in talking baseball.
I just started my new life in grad school and I'm just wasting my time with this team. So I'm done with them until the season ends.

kitekrazy
08-26-2007, 05:10 PM
I honestly hope so. Walker needs to go. I know, coaches have no bearing on the players whatsoever. But it speaks volumes when team-wide hitting is as awful as it is. I can understand if its 2-3 guys having some problems, but when rookies and veterans are struggling equally, that's a problem. Who knows if hes the problem or not, all I know is, he's not a solution.

Rookies are suppose to struggle. Maybe Thome's years are behind him. I don't think I can watch another season with Jaun Uribe on the team.
There's nothing but power hitters on this team. The ones with any speed are hurt or can't get on base. Too many players might have 1 or 2 skills at the most and what they are lacking show's even more.
For an organization the admires the Twins' way of playing the game they sure are getting farther from it.

As for getting rid of Walker , you've made a great case. But they had this problem in the Manuel years as well with hitting coaches. Guys who are slow, no base running skills, below average defense seems to run deep. They trade for players like that or they come from the organization. When they are not hitting homers everything else is exposed.
As for pitching- that's another story. Is it really possible for a bullpen to be that bad?

CLR01
08-26-2007, 05:12 PM

Walker called AJ's bluff at the poker table and knocked AJ out of the tournament.

kitekrazy
08-26-2007, 05:16 PM
I honestly don't care if this team wins a bunch of game the rest of the season, play for next year whatever that means and take the highest draft pick you can get. Even if it doesn't mean as much as it does in other sports, it's still the best option...

I hope they don't. It will make the decision process a lot easier on who to keep.

ilsox7
08-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, it was a BEAUTIFUL day at the ballpark. It was nice to watch a good baseball team play the game.

Hitmen77
08-26-2007, 10:17 PM

...Go Bears.

Speaking of Bears and games between Chicago and New England area teams - even the '85 Bears couldn't thrash their opponent as badly as the White Sox had their asses handed to them this weekend. The final score in Super Bowl XX was 46-10. This weekend, the Sox were outscored 46-7.

Yeah, I know it's a terrible comparison - but then again, we're a terrible team.

chisoxmike
08-26-2007, 10:18 PM
This team isn't even likable anymore. At least with the teams like '04, '02 and such you could at least like the team. This '07 team is a pathetic bunch, I don't even want to watch or go to games anymore. I care more than the team on the field does. Thanks for nothing.

beckett21
08-26-2007, 10:26 PM

I feel so much better now.

:redneck

CLR01
08-26-2007, 10:32 PM

Don't give up yet, they still have a whole month and some change to let Tampa catch them. Believe, things are looking up...

IronFisk
08-27-2007, 12:11 AM
It truly can't get any worse...i mean that sincerely.

StillMissOzzie
08-27-2007, 12:38 AM

What a pathetic display this series was. The Red Sox dominated the White Sox in every way possible.

Pitching? The Red Sox scored double digits every game. The starters sucked, the relief corps sucked, they gave up too many hits and too many walks. Hitting? The White Sox combined score for all four games wouldn't have been enough to win one of them.
Defense? The White Sox were an embarrassment. That play on Saturday where Lowell scored from 2nd on a hit to Andy Gonzalez summed up the White Sox ineptitude. Gonzalez pump-fakes to the cutoff man, then lobs the throw in. Lowell, watching all the while, scored without a throw to the plate. And how many infield hits did Boston get over the series?

Also on Saturday, it looked like almost all of the White Sox were trying to hit the ball into Lake Michigan against Wakefield's flutterball. They looked pathetic in the process.

Quit? Apathy? Going through the motions? Yes, I think I have seen all of that and more. The guys who know that they will be here (or at least somewhere, under contact) look like they don't give a ****. The guys who think that they won't be here next year (yes, I'm talking about you, Uribe) look like they don't give a ****. The prospects we've been playing... Jerry "Oh and Two" Owens refuses to bunt, Gonzalez has been playing out of position and probably doesn't belong in MLB...the only bright spots have been Fields and Richar.

I don't even remember the last time I have had such high expectations for the White Sox and found them lodged in last place. Having the Cubs still contending just rubs more salt into the open wound.

SMO
:angry:

WhiteSox5187
08-27-2007, 12:50 AM
It truly can't get any worse...i mean that sincerely.
Sure it can! let's see...we've already had locusts...I believe the next plague would be, frogs! So if frogs start raining from the heavens it will be worse.

LITTLE NELL
08-27-2007, 05:11 AM
ESPN power rankings have us at 29th. In the long history of the White Sox this past weekend except for the Black Sox scandal has to be the low point. I remember 4 game sweeps but nothing like this. The Sox were humilated. Charlotte AAA might have performed better than this. Im just stunned at what has happenned this year, so stunned that Im not that mad. The hard part is that I live in a community with a lot of Red Sox fans (They Spring Train down here). I recieved 10 phone calls from some of them Sat. and Sun. giving me a good razzing. I did remind them they still have a ways to go to what we did to them in the 05 playoffs.

Fenway
08-27-2007, 08:26 AM
These numbers are just mind boggling
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/08/27/clean_sweep
from the Boston Globe

The Red Sox completed their first four-game sweep here since Aug. 3-5, 1968, at old Comiskey Park, when Hawk Harrelson was wearing Nehru jackets and batting cleanup for Boston, instead of biting his tongue and broadcasting for the bad-beyond-belief White Sox.

The Red Sox became the fourth team since 1900 to score 10 or more runs against the same team four straight times. The St. Louis Browns did it twice, in 1920 and '22, and the Rockies did it in 1996. The Red Sox scored 10 or more runs in four straight games overall for the first time since June 2-5, 1950, when they went 11, 11, 17 and, 12 against the Indians and White Sox . . . The 46 runs scored by the Red Sox were the most in a four-game series since they scored 46 against the Browns in 1949 .

Foulke You
08-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Lip
I remember we had some stretches where the powerhouse Indians teams in the late '90s would hand it to us but we usually were able to squeak out 1 victory in a 4 game set. This was just a Boston Massacre from start to finish. The worst series in modern White Sox history for sure. I can only hope it serves as a wake up call for the organization that they need to overhaul this team as well as spend some money on free agents.

Lip Man 1
08-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Foulke:

Maybe it means something when members of the front office have said to me that what happened over the weekend was:

(direct quotes)

"disgusting"
"I'm glad you weren't here to see it"
"losing sucks"

Lip

Fenway
08-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Honestly you may have caught Boston just as they are beginning to peak. They have been playing .500 ball for almost 3 months but just like in 2004 are starting to peak in late August.

Ortiz has his pop back finally. Bobby Kielty has made people forget that Wily Mo Pena ever existed and has served as a wake up call to J D Drew.

This was Boston's longest road trip of the year and in week they have gained 3 games on NYY and now the series in the Bronx starting tomorrow isn't as urgent.

Boston's main concern right now is to stay ahead of Anaheim for best record. If they do that they will be very, very hard to beat in the playoffs.

jenn2080
08-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Seriously after this weekend I hope that the Yankees end up taking the divison. I hate Red Sox fans.

Fenway
08-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Seriously after this weekend I hope that the Yankees end up taking the divison. I hate Red Sox fans.

:whiner:

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Original_Photo/2004/10/30/1099149724_7081.jpg

soxfan1965
08-27-2007, 01:31 PM
The Boston Massacre was Sept 1978 at the hands of the Yankees in a 4 game lopsided sweep. Boston's Massacre was August 2007 in Chicago. Is this payback to the White Sox for letting Bucky Dent go to the Yankees??

russ99
08-27-2007, 01:34 PM
I gave up after Saturday. It was nice to have a peaceful Sunday without White Sox-based aggravations.

The only bright side about this weekends debacle is hopefully now Kenny harbors no delusions about the quality of this team anymore. We went up against the best and failed spectacularly. It's time to cut the dead weight away from this club, and that includes both (many) players and members of the coaching staff.

chisoxfanatic
08-27-2007, 01:35 PM
What are your stories from the weekend that was?

Did anyone who was at yesterday's game find it ironic that the woman who played the Illinois Lottery "Pick 1,2,3" game chose #3, which happened to be a JOSE CONTRERAS AUTOGRAPHED BALL??? I'd pay someone to take that thing off my hands if I were her.

What an absolutely pathetic weekend that was. Even my boyfriend said he didn't expect that. Sadly, I told him I did. THAT is the extent of my confidence in this team. When Pedroia gave them the 3-1 lead, I told him, "That's your game right there!"

jenn2080
08-27-2007, 01:41 PM
What are your stories from the weekend that was?

Did anyone who was at yesterday's game find it ironic that the woman who played the Illinois Lottery "Pick 1,2,3" game chose #3, which happened to be a JOSE CONTRERAS AUTOGRAPHED BALL??? I'd pay someone to take that thing off my hands if I were her.

What an absolutely pathetic weekend that was. Even my boyfriend said he didn't expect that. Sadly, I told him I did. THAT is the extent of my confidence in this team. When Pedroia gave them the 3-1 lead, I told him, "That's your game right there!"

That is actually kind of funny. I would have handed it back and said thanks but no thanks.

Walker29
08-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Was at Saturday's game and sat behind 2 Red Sox fans that did not partake in any "Let's Go Red Sox" chants and were very tame. They were there for Friday Night and attended yesterday...obviously there's safety in numbers and they had plenty of number all weekend. I don't think they are "idiot" fans. To the victors go the spoils and they deserved for the whomping they delivered this weekend. They travel better than any pro team in any pro sport I would guess.

I went to the Boston @ Atlanta game on Sunday night in 2006. My brother and sister in law who are from Boston were with me and we did some sightseeing during the day and it was a sea of Red Sox fans traveling like cattle to all of the Atlanta tourist spots, World of Coke, CNN Tower, The Varsity, etc. There are plenty of White Sox fans that probably unloaded their tickets to Red Sox fans leading to 20,000 of them invading our park. I know its all about selling tickets but can't the White Sox not sell large group sales chunks to Boston based "tour companies"? Why would we want that in our stadium? There are plenty of ways that we prevent Cubs fans from buying tickets to JUST the Cubs series...

Fenway
08-27-2007, 01:47 PM
You may think the Boston fans were bad but it pales compared to the Cubs fans yesterday in Phoenix.

There was a girl drunk out of her mind behind the dugout who fell down at least twice in the 9th inning.

jenn2080
08-27-2007, 01:48 PM
You may think the Boston fans were bad but it pales compared to the Cubs fans yesterday in Phoenix.

There was a girl drunk out of her mind behind the dugout who fell down at least twice in the 9th inning.

I did see that. It was kind of funny. Morons. Both teams fans suck equally.

Jerko
08-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Can't really get too mad. If the roles were reversed and we pounded Boston by like 300 runs, I'm sure there would be some White Sox fans in Fenway starting **** too. Right now we just have to take it. We don't have to LIKE it, but what else can we do? It's kinda like when you're a little kid and you're about to get your ass beaten. You can fight it all you want but you still get it in the end. :angry::angry:

chisoxfanatic
08-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Was at Saturday's game and sat behind 2 Red Sox fans that did not partake in any "Let's Go Red Sox" chants and were very tame. They were there for Friday Night and attended yesterday...obviously there's safety in numbers and they had plenty of number all weekend. I don't think they are "idiot" fans. To the victors go the spoils and they deserved for the whomping they delivered this weekend. They travel better than any pro team in any pro sport I would guess.

I went to the Boston @ Atlanta game on Sunday night in 2006. My brother and sister in law who are from Boston were with me and we did some sightseeing during the day and it was a sea of Red Sox fans traveling like cattle to all of the Atlanta tourist spots, World of Coke, CNN Tower, The Varsity, etc. There are plenty of White Sox fans that probably unloaded their tickets to Red Sox fans leading to 20,000 of them invading our park. I know its all about selling tickets but can't the White Sox not sell large group sales chunks to Boston based "tour companies"? Why would we want that in our stadium? There are plenty of ways that we prevent Cubs fans from buying tickets to JUST the Cubs series...
A ton of them are people who aren't even from Boston, who just went to college there, latching on to the Red Sox after that. Also, like the Cubs, I'd imagine a ton are doing it, because it's deemed as the "cool" thing to do. There ARE die-hards as well; but, the actual number of those are inflated big time by the forementioned.

Fenway
08-27-2007, 01:59 PM
This picture is strange. It "looks" like the White Sox fans are clapping as well :?:

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/BDD_chisox_sweep_8.26.07_ge-thumb.jpg (http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/BDD_chisox_sweep_8.26.07_ge.jpg)

Foulke You
08-27-2007, 05:49 PM
This picture is strange. It "looks" like the White Sox fans are clapping as well :?:

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/BDD_chisox_sweep_8.26.07_ge-thumb.jpg (http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/BDD_chisox_sweep_8.26.07_ge.jpg)
Perhaps it was taken after the 7th inning stretch singing of God Bless America or Take Me Out to the Ballgame? The guy was probably just waving his broom around because the Red Sox were handing it to us by that point.

Foulke You
08-27-2007, 05:50 PM
I did see that. It was kind of funny. Morons. Both teams fans suck equally.
Nothing anyone can ever tell me will allow me to think that any fanbase is worse than that of the Chicago Cubs.