PDA

View Full Version : Why couldn't this be Moronetti?

Cheryl
04-08-2002, 01:35 PM
From the Cubune:

A sports broadcaster who communicated through e-mail and chat rooms to set up a sexual tryst with an undercover investigator posing as a 16-year-old girl has been arrested and charged with two counts of indecent solicitation of a minor, authorities said.

Robert Goldman, 40, a Tribune Co. employee, one of the hosts of WGN-AM 720's "Sports Central" and an anchor and sports director for CLTV, was arrested Saturday night in Waukegan, according to Lake County Assistant State's Atty. Matthew Chancey.

After a bond hearing Sunday, Goldman posted $5,000 cash on a $50,000 bond and was released pending a May 1 preliminary hearing, Chancey said.

cheeses_h_rice
04-08-2002, 01:41 PM
*****!!!

He's one of the pee-pants Flubbie fans posing as a broadcaster on C ubs L over TV.

Yeah, too bad it couldn't have been the Moron, but still...what's next, Knue-man?

cheeses_h_rice
04-08-2002, 01:46 PM
Oh, this is rich.

So this Goldman guy is a broadcaster for WGN radio and CLTV, two Tribune-owned entities. The guy also does a Flubbie-centric call-in show on CLTV.

So what freeze-frame graphic do they show him broadcasting about on the Tribune's story page? That's right, folks, THE WHITE SOX. Nah, I'm sure they couldn't find any file photos with the big "C" logo behind his pedophilic face, right?

I swear to god this joke is getting old.

Here's the link to the page. The graphic is on the righthand side.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-020408goldman-story.story?coll=chi%2Dnews%2Dhed

FarWestChicago
04-08-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
So what freeze-frame graphic do they show him broadcasting about on the Tribune's story page? That's right, folks, THE WHITE SOX. Nah, I'm sure they couldn't find any file photos with the big "C" logo behind his pedophilic face, right?:knue

Do you have any idea how long it took us to find archive footage of that guy with a Sox logo behind him? But, I will go to any lengths to screw the Sox and their Technogeek fans!!

voodoochile
04-08-2002, 02:03 PM
Why did he go to the Internet? Man you want to meet drunk horny high school girls - go to the bleachers at Wrigley... At least it used to work when the tickets were only $4...

Chisox353014
04-08-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Why couldn't this be Moronetti?

:moron
"Uh, yes hello, CompUSA? How much do you charge to completely re-initialize a hard drive?"

MarqSox
04-08-2002, 03:50 PM
CLTV sportscaster loves Cubs, teenage girls (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-020408goldman-story.story?coll=chi%2Dnews%2Dhed)

doublem23
04-08-2002, 03:53 PM
LOL...

I love how the little pic of him on the air shows him with a Sox logo next to his head, because no Cub fans could be a pervert....

http://snsimages.tribune.com/media/sharedtv/thumbnails/blurb/2002-04/2634425.jpg

voodoochile
04-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
LOL...

I love how the little pic of him on the air shows him with a Sox logo next to his head, because no Cub fans could be a pervert....

http://snsimages.tribune.com/media/sharedtv/thumbnails/blurb/2002-04/2634425.jpg

You know, I normally stay away from the media bashing, but that is blatant and borderline slanderous, IMO... I may have to write the Trib a letter. Who says the media in this town isn't biased?

Jjav829
04-08-2002, 04:18 PM
Goldman arrested (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-020408goldman-story.story?coll=chi%2Dnews%2Dhed)

RedPinStripes
04-08-2002, 04:26 PM
HA! Loser! Good for the flubby fan. What a dumbass. He's on TV all the time. Like he can't find a nice 19-20 year old if he likes them young. What a dumbass! Trib co flashes that great reputation even more now.

GASHWOUND
04-08-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
HA! Loser! Good for the flubby fan. What a dumbass. He's on TV all the time. Like he can't find a nice 19-20 year old if he likes them young. What a dumbass! Trib co flashes that great reputation even more now.

Oh man, this is sad.LOL. And I called into his show last week too!!
Oh, this good..Now I can also use this as fuel to the fire when I reply to the "Troll E-mails" I just got from Sonny. LOL!!

MarkEdward
04-08-2002, 05:34 PM
The weird thing is that Goldman was the commentator for the girls' IHSA basketball championship. I guess he wasn't there for the love of the game...

DVG
04-08-2002, 10:47 PM
This reminds me of a scenario that happened about ten years
ago. A Sun-Times sportswriter who turned out to be a convicted
sex offender was arrested and charged with 196 counts related
to sexual misconduct with high school athletes. The Sun-Times
reported this in a story that was tightly written and non-emotion-
al.

In the same issue, they played up a hugh column by Mariotti,
an "open letter" to Mike Ditka, telling him to quit. The thin-skinned
little creep was offended that Ditka yelled at a press conference
and called all the sportswriters "sonofabitches." So Mariotti
angrily portrayed Ditka as a monster, a lunatic, and suffering
from a psychosis.

Mike Royko then wrote a column thoroughly bashing Mariotti.
(Where have you gone, Mike?) He pointed out that the story
about the sex offender did not portray him as a monster, a
lunatic, or suffering from a psychosis. Royko was angry with
the Sun-Times and the way it dealt with both stories. I can imagine that the Tribune was more than happy to print an article of a well-known columnist that thoroughly bashed the competition.

At last, my point. Now that a Tribune Co. employee has been arrested and charged with soliciting sex from a minor, will any other Tribune Co. employee be brave enough to step forward and portray him as a monster, a lunatic, or suffering from a psychosis? And will the Tribune Co. let that employee express
that opinion, the way they let Royko express his about the Sun-
Times?

CLR01
04-09-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:knue

Do you have any idea how long it took us to find archive footage of that guy with a Sox logo behind him? But, I will go to any lengths to screw the Sox and their Technogeek fans!!

Knueman probably had his image editors doctor the photo to show a sox logo.

RedPinStripes
04-09-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

Knueman probably had his image editors doctor the photo to show a sox logo.

Isn't it funny that they throw him on us now eventhough he bleeds flubby blue?

Chisox353014
04-09-2002, 09:32 AM
Saw the WGN news last night and they had a brief story on Goldman. Guess what file footage they showed? Yep, there was the Sox logo behind him! I'm sure he's done a million stories about Shammy, they couldn't find one of those instead?

34 Inch Stick
04-09-2002, 09:56 AM
Well, I'm sure he will beat the rap. He has always been able to lick his competition.

cheeses_h_rice
04-09-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Saw the WGN news last night and they had a brief story on Goldman. Guess what file footage they showed? Yep, there was the Sox logo behind him! I'm sure he's done a million stories about Shammy, they couldn't find one of those instead?

I can just see the scene in the WGN newsroom...

NEWS INTERN: Hey, boss, on that Goldman story, we have about 40 possible choices from when Goldman was doing his Cubs call-in show. Oh, and we also have one with him talking about the Sox/Mariners playoffs in 2000.

EDITOR: Hmmm, this is a tough decision. Why don't you just go with the Sox one?

NEWS INTERN: Why, because you wouldn't want to sully the reputation of the Tribune Company, WGN, and the Tribune Company-owned Chicago Cubs, and would rather perpetuate the constant White Sox second-class-citizen syndrome in this city?

EDITOR: Exactly. Now you're learning!