PDA

View Full Version : At least they are aware...

AJ Hellraiser
08-26-2007, 01:50 AM
From today's game recap on chicagosports.com:

Here's the shortened version of Guillen's team speech, courtesy of Saturday starter and loser Mark Buehrle:

"That everybody realizes we suck and it can't really get much worse."

Buehrle's take wasn't all that different from Guillen's.

"Obviously, nothing's going right for us right nowówe're not getting good pitching, defense, hitting," Buehrle said. "Anyway you look at it, we just suck. It's going to be a long last month if we keep playing this way."

TDog
08-26-2007, 02:09 AM
If Buehrle had made his comments in early July, people would probably be using them to support their contention that the White Sox have no chance of signing him for 2008.

October26
08-27-2007, 10:10 AM
From today's game recap on chicagosports.com:

The only Sox player I see who seems to care is AJ. I would like to see at least one of the players step forward and APOLOGIZE to Sox fans for their performance this year and especially this past weekend. Where is our captain, Paul Konerko? I love Paulie but he needs to be the face of our team right now and lead this team. I remember the criticism Frank Thomas received for not being a team leader when he was on bad White Sox teams.
I'm glad the Sox are aware that they are bad - now do something about it.
This team has talented players on it and I am so disappointed by the underachieving that has gone on this year. Sorry, I'm just venting this morning after this horrific weekend of White Sox baseball. :angry:

The 2007 White Sox - they drove me to drink