PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Evil Empire Jr. win again

Fenway
08-25-2007, 06:31 PM
On my Blackberry....as a fan today Club Level (Fox game)

I really am not enjoying this given my White Sox history. Yes Boston needs wins but not like this.

I knew your bullpen was bad but these guys couldn't get Pawtucket out.

CLR01
08-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Any day now they are going to start a serious run and get back in this thing.

whitesoxfan
08-25-2007, 06:32 PM
It's embarrassing. That's all I can say.

ilsox7
08-25-2007, 06:33 PM

We're just a few plays here or there, DJ, from being right in this thing.

ode to veeck
08-25-2007, 06:39 PM

With delusional optimism like that, it's no wonder you got banned :redneck

I'd be estatic if they even could win a few more series again (like they were a few weeks ago). This undaunted tailspin is giving me vertigo

LongLiveFisk
We're just a few plays here or there, DJ, from being right in this thing.

:hawk
"DJ all we gotta do is sweep the whole month of September and we're right back in this thing. "

Jerko
When I was in 5th grade, my teacher dragged me in front of the class and she beat my ass in front of everybody. Watching this game is even more embarrassing. Let's use a few more pitchers today.

Fenway
08-25-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm getting texted by the WSIers down here....drinks on me it is the least I can do. :gulp:

Mark pitched well...those seeing eye grounders killed him...and Wake is in one of his grooves....16 wins for Timmy unreal

MN = 27

ode to veeck
08-25-2007, 06:42 PM
I knew your bullpen was bad but these guys couldn't get Pawtucket out.

It has to be Lip's Birthday, honoring WSI's most famous "glass half empty" doomsayer.

Traffic must be tough on the south lakefront today with the Sox just out and the Niners on tap for a visit to the new Soldier's Field, game time a little over an hour away

ode to veeck
08-25-2007, 06:45 PM
When I was in 5th grade, my teacher dragged me in front of the class and she beat my ass in front of everybody. Watching this game is even more embarrassing. Let's use a few more pitchers today.

LMAO, the 2007 White Sox bring back the worst memories. I'm deleting the TIVO right now before it stirs up any more nightmares.

ilsox7
08-25-2007, 06:49 PM
And we have our start to the biggest comeback ever seen in sports history!

LITTLE NELL
08-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Sox fan since 1953, Ive never seen a Sox team quit like this bunch. They should be ashamed to step on the field. I dont know how they can accept their paychecks.

veeter
08-25-2007, 06:54 PM
It's amazing what goes through your mind, while stewing, watching this joke. But I guess what's the most irritating, to me, is the seeming acceptance by Ozzie and the players. Even in 2004 when the season was lost, some young and hungry guys came up, and the Sox won quite a few games. Now one of our young guys, I'll call him, ****ing Andy Gonzalez, can't even throw the ball into the God Damn infield to keep a slow ass Mike Lowell at third. And Ozzie just sits on his ass and watches. Pull the prick from the game. They are playing like cowards and losers. For any hope next year there will have to be a fat ass Hendry like spending spree, IMO. And by the way, they should consider moving Pauly.

beckett21
08-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Someone buy these guys a stamp so they can finish mailing it in already.

How embarrassing. Have they no pride?

ilsox7
At least we haven't given up 30.

Yet.

Patrick134
It's amazing what goes through your mind, while stewing, watching this joke. But I guess what's the most irritating, to me, is the seeming acceptance by Ozzie and the players. Even in 2004 when the season was lost, some young and hungry guys came up, and the Sox won quite a few games. Now one of our young guys, I'll call him, ****ing Andy Gonzalez, can't even throw the ball into the God Damn infield to keep a slow ass Mike Lowell at third. And Ozzie just sits on his ass and watches. Pull the prick from the game. They are playing like cowards and losers. For any hope next year there will have to be a fat ass Hendry like spending spree, IMO. And by the way, they should consider moving Pauly.

Konerko slumped mightily early this season, and is easily the slowest runner in the mlb not named Molina, but moving him would be a mistake.

JorgeFabregas
08-25-2007, 07:04 PM
At least Richar got a couple of hits with runners in scoring position.

southside rocks
08-25-2007, 07:05 PM
It's torture to watch or listen to the games.

I had tickets to the Thursday night game that got washed out; I couldn't go on Friday, and I can exchange the tickets for another game (upper deck seats, of course). No thanks. I don't want to attend any more games this year, and I can't find any friends who will go either.

What an incredible suckfest.

captainclutch24
08-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Wow are bullpen blows ass. I thought our bullpen was supposed to be legit this year?

Patrick134
08-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Wow are bullpen blows ass. I thought our bullpen was supposed to be legit this year?

The bullpen was at least a question mark coming in. The offense wasn't (allegedly). Offense is what blew it this season.

JB98
Someone buy these guys a stamp so they can finish mailing it in already.

How embarrassing. Have they no pride?

Ozzie and KW say we're not that far away.

Well, the team with the best record in the AL has hammered us 11-3, 10-1 and 14-2 on our home field.

That means one of two things must be true: 1) Either we are very far away or 2) This club has quit.

Fenway
Last time Boston scored 10 runs in 3 straight games was in 2000 against the Twins.

LITTLE NELL
08-25-2007, 07:11 PM

Well, the team with the best record in the AL has hammered us 11-3, 10-1 and 14-2 on our home field.

That means one of two things must be true: 1) Either we are very far away or 2) This club has quit.
2 things are true, they are far away and they quit.

JB98
08-25-2007, 07:12 PM
2 things are true, they are far away and they quit.

That's possible. All I'm saying is that one of them HAS TO BE TRUE, given these results.

SoxSpeed22
08-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Are they even trying anymore?

veeter

That means one of two things must be true: 1) Either we are very far away or 2) This club has quit.To say the Sox aren't far away is Dave Wansteadt talk. Ozzie has wilted like a little flower this season and has lost damn near all my respect. I don't even know what he does any more. So check him off the list. Now it's all on Kenny and JR. What will they do? How will they respond? As I stated before, a spending spree seems the only way to really improve. I hope I'm wrong. And who pissed off the baseball Gods so much, that every oppostion ground ball goes through the hole this year?!

LITTLE NELL
That's possible. All I'm saying is that one of them HAS TO BE TRUE, given these results.
How I wish neither was true.

WhiteSox5187
08-25-2007, 07:20 PM
We're Cub bad...just embarrasing. Why Andy Gonzalez hesitates to throw that ball in is beyond me, and yet they STILL have a play on him and AJ is screaming for the ball but Fields doesn't do a damned thing. That was when I left today. I couldn't stand the Red Sox fan sitting in front of me...we're awful. Just awful. Ozzie looks like a beat up dog out there, what the **** else is supposed to do? He's thrown fits. This team has given up. This whole organization has given up.

JB98
08-25-2007, 07:25 PM
We're Cub bad...just embarrasing. Why Andy Gonzalez hesitates to throw that ball in is beyond me, and yet they STILL have a play on him and AJ is screaming for the ball but Fields doesn't do a damned thing. That was when I left today. I couldn't stand the Red Sox fan sitting in front of me...we're awful. Just awful. Ozzie looks like a beat up dog out there, what the **** else is supposed to do? He's thrown fits. This team has given up. This whole organization has given up.

AJ was just furious when that happened, and so was I. I threw something across the room; I think it was a magazine of some sort. Thankfully, nothing breakable was within arm's reach. That was just a terrible play, indicative of players not aware of situations at all.

This season has to be a living hell for a competitor like AJ. The last five years, he's been on 90-win teams. This club probably won't win 70.

Sad
08-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Are they even trying anymore?

nope

WhiteSox5187
08-25-2007, 07:32 PM
AJ was just furious when that happened, and so was I. I threw something across the room; I think it was a magazine of some sort. Thankfully, nothing breakable was within arm's reach. That was just a terrible play, indicative of players not aware of situations at all.

This season has to be a living hell for a competitor like AJ. The last five years, he's been on 90-win teams. This club probably won't win 70.
I know, he stormed up to the mound and held his hands up to Buerhle like "What the hell is going on?!?!?!" it's rare that you see the pitcher trying to calm down the catcher. Buerhle looked a hell of a lot better than tommorrow's box score will show.

JB98
08-25-2007, 07:35 PM
I know, he stormed up to the mound and held his hands up to Buerhle like "What the hell is going on?!?!?!" it's rare that you see the pitcher trying to calm down the catcher. Buerhle looked a hell of a lot better than tommorrow's box score will show.

Yeah, Buehrle just got picked apart by a hot offensive team that is finding the holes. He didn't beat himself with walks and HBPs like the bullpen did.

BTW, Tragg doesn't have to complain about Bukvich's protected ERA anymore. Five earned runs today, and he got nobody out.

LITTLE NELL
08-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Looking at game logs from 1970,that team never got pounded giving up 10 runs or more in 3 straight games. Not to mention the Twin DH debacle. Mercy.

WhiteSox5187
08-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Looking at game logs from 1970,that team never got pounded giving up 10 runs or more in 3 straight games. Not to mention the Twin DH debacle. Mercy.
I wasn't around for 1970, I was around for 1998 and 1999 and I gotta say, this team is giving those teams a serious run for their money.

JB98
08-25-2007, 07:50 PM
I wasn't around for 1970, I was around for 1998 and 1999 and I gotta say, this team is giving those teams a serious run for their money.

Oh, this club is worse.

1998: 80-82 after a big second half. They weren't a good team, but at least they didn't mail it in.

1999: 75-86. Yeah, they sucked, but do you think this year's club will get to 75 wins? I don't.

This club wakes up the echoes of the late 1980s.

Dan Mega
08-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Time to pack it in, blow it up, and start over! :bandance:

wassagstdu
08-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Everyone on this pathetic excuse for a professional baseball team should be ashamed to cash his paycheck. I don't care what it is that prevents them from doing what they are paid to do, a lot of people are paying good money to see them play and they are dishonoring their fans by their incompetence, lack of pride, and meek acceptance of humiliation.

CLR01
08-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Everyone on this pathetic excuse for a professional baseball team should be ashamed to cash his paycheck. I don't care what it is that prevents them from doing what they are paid to do, a lot of people are paying good money to see them play and they are dishonoring their fans by their incompetence, lack of pride, and meek acceptance of humiliation.

Cashing paychecks is so 20th century.

WhiteSox5187
08-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Oh, this club is worse.

1998: 80-82 after a big second half. They weren't a good team, but at least they didn't mail it in.

1999: 75-86. Yeah, they sucked, but do you think this year's club will get to 75 wins? I don't.

Yea, you have to go back to 1989 to find a team this bad and I was two for that team, so I don't remember it very well. And ya know what? I think the '89 team might be better than this team.

October26
08-25-2007, 08:02 PM

Amen, brother, Amen!

Somebody needs to be held accountable for this crappy play; yet day in and day out they come out like zombies, run around at the Cell for a few hours and collect a paycheck.

Like everybody else, I'm sick of this and sad to be a White Sox fan right now. I feel like I care more than our players do. :(:

JB98
08-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Yea, you have to go back to 1989 to find a team this bad and I was two for that team, so I don't remember it very well. And ya know what? I think the '89 team might be better than this team.

I was 13 in 1989, so I have some recollections. They played .500 ball the second half. They were another example of a club that sucked, but at least they didn't mail it in. The respectable play the second half of 1989 set the table for a fine campaign in 1990.

soxtalker
08-25-2007, 08:41 PM

Of course, 1970 was a different era -- lower scoring games in general. It does bring back not-so-fond memories. We won't be that bad; we've already reached the 56 wins that the 1970 team accomplished.

MarySwiss
08-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Last time Boston scored 10 runs in 3 straight games was in 2000 against the Twins.

Fenway. I respect you. Usually. But kicking us when we're down...?

What Sox fan wants/needs to see a post like this? And why in the world would you think any of us would?

You won in 2004. We won in 2005.

Never thought I'd say this, but

GO YANKEES!!!!

ChiMan921
08-25-2007, 08:49 PM
This team has quit and it is going to take major surgery to bring back a contender next year.

A left fielder here and a relief pitcher there are not going to be enough.

This roster is TOO GOOD to have tanked like this. Something is amiss.:mad:

Don't jump ship - we are all in this together.

Noneck
08-25-2007, 08:59 PM

GO YANKEES!!!!

The Yanks broke my heart many times in the 60's, I never could hope for them. (I would have had a hard decision in 03 but the Marlins made it easy). But for the 1st time in my life, I will. I second your motion.

Oldschoolsoxguy
08-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Yeah,most of these guys have packed it in and nothing can be more disgusting to watch than a bunch of stiffs going thru the motions.I
hope management figures out that this team needs to be blown up
and not just tinkered with.2005 is no longer in our rear view mirrors
people,it is long gone.There are holes everywhere.There isn't one
guy who should feel safe about his roster spot next year,not one.
Torpedo this ****ing roster Kenny because another year of ****
like this and you officially will be on spot.

itsnotrequired
08-25-2007, 09:20 PM
This weekend has sucked.

Sig update time...

Tragg
08-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I was a kid in 1970, but I'm getting some major 1970 deja vu following this bunch.

nccwsfan
08-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Amazing how much has changed in 22 months....with so much optimism in the spring this was the furthest scenario from my mind. It's just a shame to watch :(:....

GlassSox
08-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Sox fan since 1953, Ive never seen a Sox team quit like this bunch. They should be ashamed to step on the field. I dont know how they can accept their paychecks.

I agree 100%

kitekrazy
08-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Konerko slumped mightily early this season, and is easily the slowest runner in the mlb not named Molina, but moving him would be a mistake.

It depends on what you can get for him. If there's a really good deal I doubt the Sox pass it up.

Grzegorz
08-25-2007, 11:10 PM
The first caller on the post game hit the nail on the head. The Chicago White Sox had better be careful. Lethargic baseball like this erodes the fan base.

The organization can go out and gain credibility if it acts now on those that have quit. That act would be to sit their asses on the bench and then in the off season move them.

I'll accept losing when kids are playing. Hopefully the experience, good or bad, builds character.

ode to veeck
08-25-2007, 11:18 PM

What Sox fan wants/needs to see a post like this? And why in the world would you think any of us would?

GO YANKEES!!!!

Oh, we're hurting now! Sorry, but I remember the 60s and then Steinbrenner buying up Veeck's best rent-a-players to get the Yankees back in it in the late 70s, can't do no Yankee rooting here!

kitekrazy
08-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Amazing how much has changed in 22 months....with so much optimism in the spring this was the furthest scenario from my mind. It's just a shame to watch :(:....

I'm sure Astro fans are saying the same but it hurts more them since they lost.
The Sox are not the only sport organization that has fell fast.

I'm not letting it bother me anymore. There's a lot of guys on this team with little major league experience, but there's also some veterans that aren't stepping up and can't stay healthy.

kitekrazy
08-25-2007, 11:29 PM
At least Richar got a couple of hits with runners in scoring position.

I haven't watch the Sox lately but it seems like this guy is doing a great job with the exception of the occasional rookie mistakes.

LongLiveFisk
08-25-2007, 11:30 PM

Oh, they were definitely better. The '89 team had heart but lacked talent. This team has talent but no heart and that's even worse.

Then again I may be giving them too much credit in the "talent" department.

kitekrazy
08-25-2007, 11:35 PM
The first caller on the post game hit the nail on the head. The Chicago White Sox had better be careful. Lethargic baseball like this erodes the fan base.

Constant losing and ownership not doing anything about it loses a fan base unless you've relocated or play in a ball park that is more popular than the team.
It only erodes a fan base in ticket sales.

Hitmen77
08-26-2007, 12:17 AM
Oh, this club is worse.

At least in '89, the Sox had some rookies on the horizon like McDowell, Ventura, and (in '90) Thomas. In '99, the Sox sucked, but had a young Konerko, Ordonez, and Lee. During those seasons, I remember feeling that at least the Sox had some potential young stars in the minors or already on the team that would help in the future.

The worst part about this year to me, is that - aside from Josh Fields - the Sox farm system (including recent callups) looks pretty barren. Unless Gio Gonzalez or Egbert turn out to be complete studs, I don't see the quick turnaround to 94-95 wins like we had in 1990 and 2000.

Fenway
08-26-2007, 12:20 AM

GO YANKEES!!!!

Mary it was not meant as a kick but simply a stat to show how ugly this is for the Sox. The reality is Tampa Bay gave Boston more of a fight this week than Chicago and that is wrong. Chicago flat out quit. Has the team tuned out Ozzie? That is a fair question.

ChiSoxGirl
08-26-2007, 01:05 AM
TBGR- Heaven help us all! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3468) :whiner::whiner::whiner:

thomas35forever
08-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Can we just forfeit the entire month of September? I don't think I can take this anymore.:(:

ChetChat
08-26-2007, 01:50 AM
Can we just forfeit the entire month of September? I don't think I can take this anymore.:(:
Might as well. It will be felt in the (lack of) attendance.

Grzegorz
08-26-2007, 05:46 AM
Can we just forfeit the entire month of September? I don't think I can take this anymore.

Then as fans we'd be quitting too...

Mary it was not meant as a kick but simply a stat to show how ugly this is for the Sox. The reality is Tampa Bay gave Boston more of a fight this week than Chicago and that is wrong. Chicago flat out quit. Has the team tuned out Ozzie? That is a fair question.

I am glad you gave an outside perspective about how this team is playing. I am not offended one iota. If you feel the Chicago White Sox have quit, who specifically do you see at the head of the lethargy movement?

If the team has tuned out Ozzie, then this organization has bigger problems than originally believed.

SoxandtheCityTee
08-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Is this series shaping up to be the Most Humiliating in Recent Memory?

It's certainly in the team picture, as they say on sportsblab.

MarySwiss
08-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Then as fans we'd be quitting too...

I don't see it that way at all. One of the things that has always set us apart from Cubs fans has been our refusal to accept mediocrity. (And I think most of us would agree that "mediocrity" is too kind a word here.) Every loss from here on in will hurt just as much as the earlier ones, but that doesn't mean we have to watch them happen. I mean, why twist the knife in the wound?

All I want is to see this miserable train wreck of a season end, so we can move on to football and then look forward to next spring. This team will HAVE to improve because they couldn't possibly get much worse.

FarWestChicago
08-26-2007, 09:34 AM
I don't see it that way at all. One of the things that has always set us apart from Cubs fans has been our refusal to accept mediocrity.Who said anything about Cubs fans? What do they have to do with anything? Very weird. :dunno:

HerzogVon
08-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah,most of these guys have packed it in and nothing can be more disgusting to watch than a bunch of stiffs going thru the motions.I
hope management figures out that this team needs to be blown up
and not just tinkered with.2005 is no longer in our rear view mirrors
people,it is long gone.There are holes everywhere.There isn't one
guy who should feel safe about his roster spot next year,not one.
Torpedo this ****ing roster Kenny because another year of ****
like this and you officially will be on spot.

Glad you're willing to wait another year for Kenny to prove his ineptitude; I'm not. Kenny must go - now!

btw - Had a choice between the game and "Big House USA" on TCM yesterday afternoon. What do you think? Broderick Crawford and Ralph Meeker are one hell of a lot more entertaining than Jim Thome and Paul Konerko.

MarySwiss
08-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Who said anything about Cubs fans? What do they have to do with anything? Very weird. :dunno:

I did. I was using a comparison to make a point--they accept mediocrity; we don't--and they were the first group of fans I thought of, although I'm sure there are others.
Believe it or not, not every mention of the Cubs means "Cubsession," West. :cool:

Fenway
08-26-2007, 10:43 AM
What makes this worse is that the Cubs games still have meaning. JR and KW knew they had a chance to become top dog after 2005 and they spent the money to do so. What makes this so weird is for the first half of 2006 they were still the best team in MLB and then poof. How did it go so wrong?

LITTLE NELL
08-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Glad you're willing to wait another year for Kenny to prove his ineptitude; I'm not. Kenny must go - now!

btw - Had a choice between the game and "Big House USA" on TCM yesterday afternoon. What do you think? Broderick Crawford and Ralph Meeker are one hell of a lot more entertaining than Jim Thome and Paul Konerko.
I watched that movie also. Crawford and Meeker had a lot more hits than the Sox.

The Immigrant
08-26-2007, 10:52 AM
If the team has tuned out Ozzie, then this organization has bigger problems than originally believed.

There's no ****ing way Jim Leyland would allow well-paid veterans to mail it in like ours have, that's for sure.

DoItForDanPasqua
08-26-2007, 10:52 AM
I did. I was using a comparison to make a point--they accept mediocrity; we don't--and they were the first group of fans I thought of, although I'm sure there are others.
Believe it or not, not every mention of the Cubs means "Cubsession," West. :cool:

And a good example. Even though the Cubs have failed year after year, they sell out Wrigley Field. Many Sox fans are not that way. I'm sure most of the people who post here are going to attend, irregardless, but the more marginal fans are not going to come out to see a loser.

Now I'll be quiet before this turns into an attendance thread.

TheCommander
08-26-2007, 11:22 AM
And a good example. Even though the Cubs have failed year after year, they sell out Wrigley Field. Many Sox fans are not that way. I'm sure most of the people who post here are going to attend, irregardless, but the more marginal fans are not going to come out to see a loser.

Now I'll be quiet before this turns into an attendance thread.

Or a Cubs thread.

DoItForDanPasqua
08-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Or a Cubs thread.

Right, if I get banned I'll have to find something else to do at work.

MarySwiss
08-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Right, if I get banned I'll have to find something else to do at work.

:rolling:

JB98
08-26-2007, 01:47 PM
What makes this worse is that the Cubs games still have meaning. JR and KW knew they had a chance to become top dog after 2005 and they spent the money to do so. What makes this so weird is for the first half of 2006 they were still the best team in MLB and then poof. How did it go so wrong?

If I had a profound answer to that, I'd e-mail KW and Ozzie and tell them how to fix it. The club just seemed to get old all at once.

The same thing happened to the Seattle Mariners a few years back. Remember when they won 116 games or whatever in 2001? Well, they stayed good through the first half of 2003. Then, the second half of 2003, they dropped like a rock. In 2004, they went through a year similar to what we are going through now. Just terrible, despite a high payroll and a primarily veteran team.

This isn't unprecedented in baseball history, but it's very disturbing that it's happening to our Sox. We went from being among the elite teams in baseball to one of the weakest seemingly overnight.