PDA

View Full Version : SportsTicker- Ranking the ML Managers

RichieRichAllen
04-08-2002, 11:56 AM
Jerry hanging in there at #8...not exactly with a bullet, I assume. Check out Garner's placing. LOL

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news/20020408/themeter.html

PaleHoseGeorge
04-08-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by RichieRichAllen
Jerry hanging in there at #8...not exactly with a bullet, I assume. Check out Garner's placing. LOL

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news/20020408/themeter.html

I'm glad to see the national media is finally waking up to what a fraud Phil Garner is. I agree he is probably the first to get canned this season.

The rest of the rankings seem a bit contrived. For example, how can they give any ranking to the Twins' Ron Gardenhire? He has had the job one week, LOL!

I'm glad they gave Manuel credit for the 2000 season, and I agree he has the team's respect--not something to take lightly after the Bevington fiasco.

However, the national media obviously wasn't paying close attention last year when Manuel was conducting an extended spring training. All the injuries gave him cover for the other half of our losing ways: the manager's wrong-headed insistence on versatility, overextending ballplayers by playing them out of position.

:hurt :manos :rowand :liefer
"That would be us."

:crede
"I wish I could play at all!"

Still too early to say how 2002 will shape up. I won't say anything more except I'm skeptical about Manuel deserving a #8 ranking.

:KW
"I'm glad they didn't rank GM's!"

Mathew
04-08-2002, 03:39 PM
I assume they have Torre #1, but where the hell is he?

Mathew
04-08-2002, 03:40 PM
And what is Baylor's 10 ranling based on?

duke of dorwood
04-08-2002, 04:08 PM
8 ? It's a big joke that he is ranked that high. We are still very lousy on fundementals, appear unmotivated most of the time, and he's #8 ?

kermittheefrog
04-08-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
And what is Baylor's 10 ranling based on?

Maybe Baylor bribed them. Gave them some crackor something. Baylor is a BAD manager and I say that unbiased.