PDA

View Full Version : Rewind Relapse

SoxRox
08-25-2007, 12:17 AM
I know it's pretty pathetic, but I couldn't help myself. I just couldn't watch tonight's fiasco any longer and needed a fix of the good stuff. I broke out the ol' 2005 ALDS DVD and watched Game 3 instead. I liked this WhiSox vs. BoSox match-up much better.

It changed my my whole night. I'm better for it.

God Bless El Duque! Best clutch pitching performance I have ever seen. The whole damn team: fearless. confident. You can see it in their eyes.

It made me feel good again. IS THAT SO WRONG?!

Is there a shrink on this board? Who can psychoanalyze a depressed Sox fan for cheap? I know I'm not alone.

-SoxRox

chisoxfanatic
08-25-2007, 12:26 AM
There's nothing wrong with it. It's a healthier way of dealing with your feelings than punching someone in the face or kicking a hole in the wall. It just has to be done from time to time. I'm sure a bunch of others here have done the same thing this year as a quick pick-me-up.

SoxRox
08-25-2007, 12:54 AM
There's nothing wrong with it. It's a healthier way of dealing with your feelings than punching someone in the face or kicking a hole in the wall. It just has to be done from time to time. I'm sure a bunch of others here have done the same thing this year as a quick pick-me-up.

Yeah... at some point you just got to let it go and appreciate the team for what it is. It's tough to see the 2007 team struggling so much, though.

The 2005 team built a lot of camaraderie among people in this city. That is going to last a long time. That will be its legacy.

-SoxRox

southside rocks
08-25-2007, 08:32 AM
The whole damn team: fearless. confident. You can see it in their eyes.

I know! And this year's team -- they've never even gotten CLOSE to that look. :(

I'm glad I bought the DVD set; it's kept me from getting stuck in the awful present a couple of times. I escape to the past while waiting for the future (2008).

miker
08-25-2007, 01:09 PM

Is there a shrink on this board? Who can psychoanalyze a depressed Sox fan for cheap? I know I'm not alone.

-SoxRox

No its not wrong. After all, there are fans of another alleged major league team in Chicago that constantly celebrate how well attended their games are even though they haven't got anywhere near a World Series Championship since Theodore Roosevelt was President.

Watch that DVD, enjoy the memories and keep being a Sox fan...that's the right thing to do! :gulp:

oeo
08-25-2007, 01:14 PM
I know it's pretty pathetic, but I couldn't help myself. I just couldn't watch tonight's fiasco any longer and needed a fix of the good stuff. I broke out the ol' 2005 ALDS DVD and watched Game 3 instead. I liked this WhiSox vs. BoSox match-up much better.

It changed my my whole night. I'm better for it.

God Bless El Duque! Best clutch pitching performance I have ever seen. The whole damn team: fearless. confident. You can see it in their eyes.

-SoxRox

Here's how I feel:
If you suffer through a year like this one, it will make it that much sweeter when they get to the postseason again.

I don't know, some people around here were saying they were not going to watch anymore back in June. I just can't do it. I still need to know the score of every game I can't see, and if I can't watch it, of course I'm going to suffer through it. It hurts to watch it, but I can't stop.

GlassSox
08-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Here's how I feel:
If you suffer through a year like this one, it will make it that much sweeter when they get to the postseason again.

I don't know, some people around here were saying they were not going to watch anymore back in June. I just can't do it. I still need to know the score of every game I can't see, and if I can't watch it, of course I'm going to suffer through it. It hurts to watch it, but I can't stop.

I know the feeling. Sat through last nights game and we are going again today, Sunday, and Monday. I guess we keep waiting and watching for some special moment. Like you, no matter how bad it is we keep watching.

If we had quit going, we would not have seen MB's no-no.

ode to veeck
08-25-2007, 01:59 PM
I was thinking of rolling some footage off the HD TIVO hard drives from the '05 playoffs as I clicked away early in 2nd game of the double header. I'm going to have to retire the Hughes HR10 receiver/DVR unit soon in order to upgrade equipment and pick up DirectTV's additional HD channel offerings coming out this fall.