PDA

View Full Version : Parque for the bullpen?

orbatel
04-08-2002, 11:33 AM
Who thinks Parque should fill the long relief roll when he gets called back up. For the most part our starters have been pretty good-it's just from the 5th inning on that we blow up due to the bullpen-I hope they use Parque to fill in the long roll!

:)

cheeses_h_rice
04-08-2002, 11:42 AM
I like it.

pearso66
04-08-2002, 01:04 PM
thats what i thought we should do all along, sure his speed is down, but if he can work 2 + innings, then thats good for me

Mathew
04-08-2002, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty disillusioned with Parque, last year all he yapped about was how he would fill any role nesscesary and when he got back he wated to contribute, bullpen whatever, then he starts ST and says if I'm not starting I'm not playing bla..bla.. what's the friggin' deal?

foulkesfan11
04-08-2002, 11:14 PM
I don't care what he says. If he can't pitch with the best of them, he should be happy he's on teh team at all. I think that bringing him up into the bullpen is a good start. As long as we have Garland in the starting rotation, we're going to need lots of long relief!

RedPinStripes
04-08-2002, 11:24 PM
:butter
"I should be a starter. I leaned how to pitch last year without a fast ball. Didn't you notice my 9.00 era? What's wrong with you people?"

Procol Harum
04-08-2002, 11:36 PM
Bullpen sounds good--Lord knows we could use someone that could actually give us 2-3 innings in the middle of the game with this rotation. But I'm not sure how he's gonna take it, he seems to have a sense of entitlement, if not an over-inflated sense of his own ability.

:KW
"Jim's unimpressive Spring was merely a plot to lull the American League into a false sense of security. Soon he will reveal himself to be the reincarnation of Lefty Grove!"

:harold
"This is nothing compared to the strategic cunning with which Kenny Williams has plotted my eventual return."