PDA

View Full Version : Garland to bullpen?

MattSharp
04-08-2002, 08:51 AM
I just read somewhere that unless Garland impresses in his next two starts he will be sent to the pen and Parque will be put in the rotation? Anyone else here this......?

kermittheefrog
04-08-2002, 09:02 AM
It would be nice if you told us where you read this.

WinningUgly!
04-08-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
It would be nice if you told us where you read this. He read it as he typed it. :D:

foulkesfan11
04-08-2002, 09:26 AM
If it's true, I wouldn't mind it. Even if Parque's velocity isn't as strong as it was, he couldn't do much worse than Garland did. Garland is to inconsistent. All of last year he was that way. Jon really needs to have some good games if he's to earn my respect.

MattSharp
04-08-2002, 09:48 AM
It would be nice if you told us where you read this.

Ask and you shall recieve:

http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6/6396/news.html

kermittheefrog
04-08-2002, 10:02 AM
I think they are assuming a lot there. I've been hearing if/when Parque makes his return Rauch would be the one leaving the rotation for Charlotte. One thing we need to remember is that Parque isn't on a rehab assignment, he was sent to AAA. Theoretically he can stay there all year whereas if he was just rehabbing he'd be on the DL and only eligible to be in the minors for 30 days.

Mathew
04-08-2002, 04:18 PM
How about this off that same link for the White Sox preview...

"Can expect to play better in 2002: Clayton should improve on his numbers and Lofton has a lot to prove. Garland, Glover and Wright all need to show they belong.

Can expect to play worse in 2002: Mark Buehrle must prove he can do it two seasons in a row while Foulke would be hard pressed to duplicate his 2001 numbers."

I don't expect Buehrle to be worse?

kermittheefrog
04-08-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
How about this off that same link for the White Sox preview...

"Can expect to play better in 2002: Clayton should improve on his numbers and Lofton has a lot to prove. Garland, Glover and Wright all need to show they belong.

Can expect to play worse in 2002: Mark Buehrle must prove he can do it two seasons in a row while Foulke would be hard pressed to duplicate his 2001 numbers."

I don't expect Buehrle to be worse?

I understand the comment about Buehrle, I expected him to add .5 to .7 runs to his ERA but seeing him start has me thinking he could duplicate 2001.

What the hell is up with the Foulke comment? How will he be hard pressed to keep being the same pitcher he has been for the last 3 years?

Mathew
04-08-2002, 05:09 PM
Plus I held off on the "Clayton should put up bigger numbers thing" They just failed to mention that he is expected to put up bigger number than Garth Brooks, not any major league SS's.

RedPinStripes
04-08-2002, 05:52 PM
I think they are assuming a lot there. I've been hearing if/when Parque makes his return Rauch would be the one leaving the rotation for Charlotte. One thing we need to remember is that Parque isn't on a rehab assignment, he was sent to AAA. Theoretically he can stay there all year whereas if he was just rehabbing he'd be on the DL and only eligible to be in the minors for 30 days.

We'll see how Rauch pitches in the starts he gets. I'd be pissed to see him go back to AAA knowing he has much more potential then butter who is nothing but average IMO.

foulkesfan11
04-08-2002, 11:12 PM
Hopefully Foulke will improve soon. Once he plays at home, I think he'll be fine.

bc2k
04-09-2002, 03:19 AM

I understand the comment about Buehrle, I expected him to add .5 to .7 runs to his ERA but seeing him start has me thinking he could duplicate 2001.

I originally assumed Buehrle couldn't repeat his 2001 performance because he suprised teams who didn't have enough info on him. After thinking about it, he will get more respect from umpires this year. So I'm thinking these two will even out and Buehrle will have another dominant season.

RichH55
04-09-2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by bc2k

I originally assumed Buehrle couldn't repeat his 2001 performance because he suprised teams who didn't have enough info on him. After thinking about it, he will get more respect from umpires this year. So I'm thinking these two will even out and Buehrle will have another dominant season.

This pitching staff had all sorts of questions around it...Buerhle didn't exactly have a banner off season, but I'm starting to think he is more than one good year.... :cool: