PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie: Pitchers to Throw More "A" Games Next Spring

Foulke You
08-20-2007, 02:35 PM
"The guys that have to pitch that day, I [don't] want to put them in a 'B' game. I don't want to get up at 8 o'clock in the morning and watch the same [stuff], a guy throwing 25 pitches, go home and say, 'OK, I did the job.' Those guys better prepare themselves to pitch. If we're going to play the Kansas City Royals [in Surprise, Ariz.], we go to Kansas City.

"All of a sudden you're going to hide somebody? Well, we have more scouts at a 'B' game than the 'A' game," Guillen added. "Why are we wasting our time not making starters compete from the beginning? I'm not saying we're [babying] them, but I would like to change that attitude."

Seems like a good idea to me. Here is a link to the rest of the article:
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070819&content_id=2158416&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

WhiteSox5187
08-20-2007, 02:58 PM
I think Ozzie is probably irrate right now. If I'm the Sox I'd just hope he doesn't take the "Win or die trying" philosophy too far.

LITTLE NELL
08-20-2007, 03:46 PM
I was concerned in Spring Training the Sox were not playing the regulars enough, especially the hitters; sure enough the offense had a major meltdown. I know you dont win pennants in ST but if you dont prepare properly you sure can lose a lot of games. Im pretty sure we had the worst ST record this year, lets not repeat that in 08.