that we will have 2 ex sox on the 08 roster next year

Rowand
Cameron

MCHSoxFan
08-19-2007, 08:24 PM

Rowand
Cameron

Hey, I just LOVE Aaron and I would kill to have him on the White Sox ASAP. However, what makes you have a feeling he and Cameron will be on the team for the 2008 season? I guess because everyone on the Sox and their fanbase loves him.

Rockabilly
08-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey, I just LOVE Aaron and I would kill to have him on the White Sox ASAP. However, what makes you have a feeling he and Cameron will be on the team for the 2008 season? I guess because everyone on the Sox and their fanbase loves him.

I just think KW will be going for defense & speed next year with our team and can sign Rowand and Cameron probably for the price what Hunter will get alone..

Cameron would probably get about 25 sb's as well as hit about 25 hr's plus play a solid defense..

to have Owens, Ozuna, Richar, Anderson or Sweeney on the bench would make our team solid..

I also see the Sox signing Castillo because of Ozzie love for the guy

kevin57
08-19-2007, 08:37 PM
I too like Rowand will be back.

1) He's a management and fan favorite;

2) He would add somethings that's SORELY missing from this squad...some in-your-face aggressive play;

3) We still do not have a decent center fielder.

mwc44
08-19-2007, 08:39 PM

Rowand
Cameron

Sign 2 more center fielders? Have 3 if Jerry Owens shows promise the rest of the year? I thought you could only have 4 outfielders in softball.

Rockabilly
08-19-2007, 08:40 PM
if i'm right about Rowand and Cameron joining the sox who would be the better person to put in CF

Daver
08-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Aaron Rowand is a center fielder like my ass chews gum.

Rockabilly
08-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Sign 2 more center fielders? Have 3 if Jerry Owens shows promise the rest of the year? I thought you could only have 4 outfielders in softball.

Owens to me is more of a 4th OF

Rockabilly
08-19-2007, 08:44 PM
I would also like to see Felipe Lopez as our SS next year

Patrick134
08-19-2007, 08:45 PM

Is that why they call ya Juicy Fruit ? :D:

Noneck
08-19-2007, 08:58 PM

Same as ARod is not a 3rd basemen but both have played these respective positions for over 3years. Sometimes one plays where they are needed even if its not their best position. I'm also not a big Rowand center fielder fan but compared to the choices here, thats where he should play.

TDog
08-19-2007, 09:03 PM
I think the Sox will pursue Rowand in the off-season. I don't believe the Sox will sign both Rowand and Cameron.

getonbckthr
08-19-2007, 09:15 PM

Rowand
Cameron
Hey this would be great and move us up in the standings. This year we are in last those guys will propel us to 4th. I'm on board this crazy-train.
Honestly people stop drinking the Aaron Rowand flavored kool-aid, in fact don't even make a picture just leave it in the package.

WhiteSox5187
08-19-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm gettin' kind of sick of that analogy...he's a good CFer, whether or not you want to admit it. You point out "Oh that crashing in to walls crap is cuz he didn't get a good jump on the ball." Well, would you rather he just watch go by? And it's not like he does that on every frickin' fly ball. He RARELY crashes into walls. But when he does it always makes SC so everyone thinks "Wow, what a great guy! He'll crash through walls!" Truth be told I'm sure he rather WOULDN'T but I love the attitude of a guy who is WILLING to.

Dan Mega
08-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Results > Attitude.

areilly
08-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey this would be great and move us up in the standings. This year we are in last those guys will propel us to 4th. I'm on board this crazy-train.

:rolling:

Outstanding!

DumpJerry
08-19-2007, 10:40 PM
The Sox will pursue Hunter before Rowand. The Twins won't sign Hunter because their owner makes Bill Wirtz look like Daddy Warbucks despite having a billion bucks in his pocket.

WhiteSox5187
08-19-2007, 11:01 PM
The Sox will pursue Hunter before Rowand. The Twins won't sign Hunter because their owner makes Bill Wirtz look like Daddy Warbucks despite having a billion bucks in his pocket.
Yes but I'd kill for the Hawks to have the success of the Twins.

UserNameBlank
08-19-2007, 11:07 PM
LOL

UserNameBlank
08-19-2007, 11:19 PM
I used to kind of think Hunter was overrated, but this year against the Sox he made the best catch I've ever seen in my life, and it wasn't because of getting a bad read or playing too deep or any of the other criticisms that appear regularly on here. He made that catch because he's a legitimate GG CF. Right after that catch it immediately sunk in how many terrific catches I've seen him make for so long. Now I officially have Hunter man-love and if we're going to overpay for a CF, I'd much, much, much rather it be him.

Also, speaking in deep pink trade rumor talk, let's say we're able to deal Contreras for Furcal and then sign Hunter. Then we trade Garland for an OF prospect like Balentien since they're both probably going to be available, if not traded, over the offseason. Then we can put out a lineup like this:

S Furcal SS
L Richar 2B
R Dye LF
L Thome DH
R Konerko 1B
R Hunter CF
L Pierzynski C
R Fields 3B
R Balentien RF

That's a pretty sick lineup actually. Our rotation would probably suck some, to what degree is anyone's guess, but I'd imagine it would look something like Buehrle-Vazquez-Danks-2 of Broadway/Egbert/Gio/Floyd. Anyway, with the way Garland's been getting lit up lately, and considering he's a FA after next year and has dealt with that "knot" in his shoulder pretty much all year since ST, I doubt he's brought back.

SBSoxFan
08-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Honestly people stop drinking the Aaron Rowand flavored kool-aid, in fact don't even make a picture just leave it in the package.

Don't you mean a "pitcher"? :D:

I've been thinking we'll see the 2005 starting outfield in 2008. Signing Dye brings it one step closer. I just don't understand why Cameron would be such a hot commodity. Just taking a quick glance at his stats, he was atrocious with the Sox his last year, and he seems to have been mediocre since.

getonbckthr
08-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Don't you mean a "pitcher"? :D:

I've been thinking we'll see the 2005 starting outfield in 2008. Signing Dye brings it one step closer. I just don't understand why Cameron would be such a hot commodity. Just taking a quick glance at his stats, he was atrocious with the Sox his last year, and he seems to have been mediocre since.
Ya perhaps. I was partially intoxicated when posting.

JermaineDye05
08-20-2007, 12:02 PM
S Furcal SS
L Richar 2B
R Dye LF
L Thome DH
R Konerko 1B
R Hunter CF
L Pierzynski C
R Fields 3B
R Balentien RF

That's a pretty sick lineup actually. Our rotation would probably suck some, to what degree is anyone's guess, but I'd imagine it would look something like Buehrle-Vazquez-Danks-2 of Broadway/Egbert/Gio/Floyd. Anyway, with the way Garland's been getting lit up lately, and considering he's a FA after next year and has dealt with that "knot" in his shoulder pretty much all year since ST, I doubt he's brought back.

I like the lineup but I feel with a rotation like that we'll have a tough time in the central, plus there's also the bullpen we need to factor in.

russ99
08-20-2007, 12:20 PM
I just think KW will be going for defense & speed next year with our team and can sign Rowand and Cameron probably for the price what Hunter will get alone..

Cameron would probably get about 25 sb's as well as hit about 25 hr's plus play a solid defense..

to have Owens, Ozuna, Richar, Anderson or Sweeney on the bench would make our team solid..

I also see the Sox signing Castillo because of Ozzie love for the guy

Cameron would be a good signing for LF, but only if he comes cheap. Unless Jerry wants to match the Cubs payroll for next year, I don't see the Sox spending too much over $100M.

Castillo has really lost a step this year, and I doubt he can be an effective leadoff guy. We'd be better off (and spend a lot less $) if we kept Richar and Pods, or ditch Pods and bring in a leadoff guy at SS or LF.