Well, we expected it. Right? :o:

Brian26
08-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Official spelled incorrectly.

:hawk
"What new?"

veeter
08-19-2007, 06:15 PM
The only good thing is, every day Uribe seals his fate of being shipped the **** out.

LITTLE NELL
08-19-2007, 06:17 PM
The only good thing is, every day Uribe seals his fate of being shipped the **** out.
Along with Garland.

Brian26
08-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Along with Garland.

You don't ship a guy like Garland out. You ship Danny Wright and Jason Grilli out.

Brian26
08-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Melton likes the four combined hits by Owens and Fields, but he doesn't like the five combined strikeouts.

MCHSoxFan
08-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Official spelled incorrectly.

:hawk
"What new?"

I would actually care if the Sox were in this postseason race.

GlassSox
08-19-2007, 06:26 PM
This team looks and plays like they do not give a ****!:angry: Ozzie sits on his ass and looks pathetic!:angry: At this point it would be encouraging to see someone get pissed off or Ozzie just lose it with these guys. :angry: DJ talking like oh well, they might as well have some fun, his attitude sucks too.:angry: How can some of the players be laughing and joking around on the bench, maybe they should go laugh in AAA or the Wrigley bleachers.:angry:

The Little League World Series games are better than this ****!

MCHSoxFan
08-19-2007, 06:28 PM

I find BOTH of these game really, really bad to watch. :D:

soltrain21
08-19-2007, 06:31 PM
How can some of the players be laughing and joking around on the bench, maybe they should go laugh in AAA or the Wrigley bleachers.:angry:

I can think of a few million reasons as to why some of them are joking around. Its a game; don't let it piss you off too much.

chisoxmike
08-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Along with Garland.

:rolleyes:

chisoxmike
08-19-2007, 06:33 PM
We may not even win 70 games.

Martinigirl
08-19-2007, 06:33 PM
We are just bad, really, really bad.

Brian26
08-19-2007, 06:35 PM
I would actually care if the Sox were in this postseason race.

I hear you. My spelling always takes a hit when the Sox are playing poorly.

GlassSox
08-19-2007, 06:36 PM
I can think of a few million reasons as to why some of them are joking around. Its a game; don't let it piss you off too much.

Yea I wish I was paid that much to be bad at my profession and then sit around and laugh about it and still have a job!

infohawk
08-19-2007, 06:37 PM
It's just so tough to watch anymore. I had looked forward to the Sox maybe playing their way back to, if not .500 ball, respectability during the second half. So much for that! The only good thing, I suppose, is that the worse the Sox look closing out the season the more KW will be fired up to make some changes.

When you think about it, there aren't that many places where KW is likely to make changes in the regular starting nine unless there is a surprise move or two. It looks like the team will need one, maybe two outfielders and a new shortstop. I mean, Paulie stays at first, Richar will likely be the second baseman, Crede will likely play at third, at least until he shows he is healthy enough to trade, A.J. and Hall will be the catching tandem, Dye stays in right and Thome likely remains as the DH. The only for sure "gones" in my opinion are Pods and maybe Uribe (if there is anyone available to replace him). The real question in my mind is whether the Sox will go into spring training designating an outfield spot as being Owens to lose?

I like our players, but we do need some more team speed and don't seem to have too many "openings" to put it unless some guys who seem like they would never be moved are traded. Again, maybe KW will overhaul more than I think. I guess I'm interested in what you guys think about what is likely to happen?

We do need a couple new arms in the bullpen. My fear is that the team concludes that, because bullpens can be up and down propositions, the same personnel down there now will be much better next year.

Mercy!
08-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Just looked at the box score. Thank goodness I didn't watch the game. So who's the culprit du jour according to Hawk? Can't be Ibanez today; his "magic wand" appears to have been silent. I'm sure he'd never place the blame on any of the Sox players, right? It's always one of the opposing players "beating up on us." Yeah, right.

Could all of those unearned runs be the result of Juan's one error?

This cellar is cold and dank and full of spiders and centipedes that go like the wind.

veeter
08-19-2007, 06:42 PM
You don't ship a guy like Garland out. You ship Danny Wright and Jason Grilli out.Agreed. Don't kick Jon when he's down, because he's been very successful. Uribe's flat out sucks at this point.

Brian26
08-19-2007, 06:45 PM
So who's the culprit du jour according to Hawk? Can't be Ibanez today; his "magic wand" appears to have been silent. King Felix's "Nintendo Stuff."

soltrain21
08-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Yea I wish I was paid that much to be bad at my profession and then sit around and laugh about it and still have a job!

Well, they can't all be too bad at it, now can they? They made it this far.

Its a "profession" that directly relies on how other people are doing.

Mercy!
08-19-2007, 06:55 PM

Think of it this way then. Even though everyone in the operating room was talking about what they were going to do on their days off and how their golf games were going, when the surgeons comes out to tell the family that they're sorry, the operation just wasn't a success liked they'd hoped - then they're not laughing and cutting up, you know?

Anyway, for some reason, I get even more ticked when I see Ozzie's children in the dugout joking around, having a good old time when everything is going south.

Mercy!
08-19-2007, 06:56 PM
King Felix's "Nintendo Stuff."LOL. Nintendo Stuff. Talk about fingernails on a blackboard. :angry:

soltrain21
08-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Think of it this way then. Even though everyone in the operating room was talking about what they were going to do on their days off and how their golf games were going, when the surgeons comes out to tell the family that they're sorry, the operation just wasn't a success liked they'd hoped - then they're not laughing and cutting up, you know?

Anyway, for some reason, I get even more ticked when I see Ozzie's children in the dugout joking around, having a good old time when everything is going south.

Comparing a surgery to a ****ing baseball game is ridiculious.

Noneck
08-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Heres the bright side. The Sox will attain revenue (which I hope they will be put toward next years salaries) from the upcoming KC series that they wouldn't if the Sox won today. Walk up sales to see Jenks break the record, hopefully he won't do that till Wednesday.

Mercy!
08-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Comparing a surgery to a ****ing baseball game is ridiculious.
Waiting for it.....................................

soltrain21
08-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Waiting for it.....................................

What exactly are you waiting for? One of them involves life or death situations. The other involves hitting **** with wood.

Grzegorz
08-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Any ideas as to why Jon Garland has been so lethargic of late?

Two plays say it all: Uribe sits back on a ball and it eats him up and then on the very next play Fields blows the line drive.

Mercy!
08-19-2007, 07:27 PM
What exactly are you waiting for? ...For someone to remark on your Nintendo spelling skills, of course. :redneck

...Two plays say it all: Uribe sits back on a ball and it eats him up and then on the very next play Fields blows the line drive.I imagine I'm not alone in having a lot more patience with Fields. But I am wondering when we're going to have a chance to see him in LF.

GlassSox
08-19-2007, 07:29 PM

I'm sorry but does that mean we wait for the other team to lose so we win?

People saying it can't be done are usually interrupted by someone doing it!

As far as making it this far????????????? Yea we should be happy to be where we are at in the standings.

Grzegorz
08-19-2007, 07:31 PM
I just wasn't expecting Fields to muff a play lie that. I to beg patience for the young man. But I am hoping Crede comes back to his old gold glove form. If Crede comes back strong then maybe Fields moves to LF.

At this point a return to Charlotte does Fields no good whatsoever.

GlassSox
08-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Heres the bright side. The Sox will attain revenue (which I hope they will be put toward next years salaries) from the upcoming KC series that they wouldn't if the Sox won today. Walk up sales to see Jenks break the record, hopefully he won't do that till Wednesday.

You are probably right and I do hope we get to see Jenks break the record. For me I hope it is on Monday or Wednesday. I am really down tonight, thanks for a little lift up.

areilly
08-19-2007, 07:37 PM

That's the bright side? Three days' worth of a half-empty stadium?

How much can you seriously expect a last-place team to make in walk-ups playing their competition for the basement in late August?

Noneck
08-19-2007, 07:44 PM
That's the bright side? Three days' worth of a half-empty stadium?

How much can you seriously expect a last-place team to make in walk-ups playing their competition for the basement in late August?

More than if they won today and Jenks pitched.

GlassSox
08-19-2007, 07:46 PM
This cellar is cold and dank and full of spiders and centipedes that go like the wind.

Well said. :cool:

MCHSoxFan
08-19-2007, 07:59 PM

If you did the weather on the news you would. :D:

GlassSox
08-19-2007, 08:12 PM
If you did the weather on the news you would. :D:

:rolling: Oh how true.

A camel is a horse designed by committee.:?:

I'm starting to feel a little better.

MCHSoxFan
08-19-2007, 08:15 PM
:rolling: Oh how true.

A camel is a horse designed by committee.:?:

I'm starting to feel a little better.

Hey, I am glad you liked that.

WhiteSox5187
08-19-2007, 08:19 PM
This team looks and plays like they do not give a ****!:angry: Ozzie sits on his ass and looks pathetic!:angry: At this point it would be encouraging to see someone get pissed off or Ozzie just lose it with these guys. :angry: DJ talking like oh well, they might as well have some fun, his attitude sucks too.:angry: How can some of the players be laughing and joking around on the bench, maybe they should go laugh in AAA or the Wrigley bleachers.:angry:

I think the whole team has given up, there is no doubt in my mind that earlier Ozzie was screaming until he was blue in the face, and guys like Konerko, AJ, Thome and Dye were probably squeezing saw dust out of the bat handles, but at this point it's become like "Oh God, why are we here?" Having said that I'm sure that Ozzie has punched the ticket out of town for certain members of this team. It's ok for Paulie, Dye, AJ and Thome to kind of joke around, they're not having fun and they haven't had fun all year, they should loosen up now. But guys like Owens and Fields, they're playing for their jobs next year. Those guys have to maintain intensity. But I could ALMOST understand the logic of Konerko or someone saying "I'm not going to run out there and get hurt so I might miss a chunk of next year." And by the way, I doubt that the vets on this team are having any fun right now.
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:mmkrTT_0SojFWM:http://www.bway.net/~modcult/rb7m.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bway.net/~modcult/rb7m.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.randysrodeo.com/features/pistols/07.php&h=1460&w=985&sz=298&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=mmkrTT_0SojFWM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3DJohnny%2BRotten%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D1 0%26hl%3Den)

This is no fun, no fun at all...ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

GlassSox
08-19-2007, 08:39 PM
I think the whole team has given up, there is no doubt in my mind that earlier Ozzie was screaming until he was blue in the face, and guys like Konerko, AJ, Thome and Dye were probably squeezing saw dust out of the bat handles, but at this point it's become like "Oh God, why are we here?" Having said that I'm sure that Ozzie has punched the ticket out of town for certain members of this team. It's ok for Paulie, Dye, AJ and Thome to kind of joke around, they're not having fun and they haven't had fun all year, they should loosen up now. But guys like Owens and Fields, they're playing for their jobs next year. Those guys have to maintain intensity. But I could ALMOST understand the logic of Konerko or someone saying "I'm not going to run out there and get hurt so I might miss a chunk of next year." And by the way, I doubt that the vets on this team are having any fun right now.
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:mmkrTT_0SojFWM:http://www.bway.net/~modcult/rb7m.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bway.net/~modcult/rb7m.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.randysrodeo.com/features/pistols/07.php&h=1460&w=985&sz=298&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=mmkrTT_0SojFWM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3DJohnny%2BRotten%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D1 0%26hl%3Den)

This is no fun, no fun at all...ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Good comments and thoughts.

JB98
08-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Uribe and Fields pissed this game away with their inability to make a play behind Garland in the third inning. Five unearned runs. If either of those plays get made, we're out of the inning with nothing allowed.

Garland is going through a rough time right now. His sinker is flat. His breaking ball has left him. He needs his defense to help him out. Today, they let him down, and he couldn't stop the floodgates from opening.

Just another day in the most miserable season since 1989. Only 39 more games to suffer through.

southsideirish71
08-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Uribe and Fields pissed this game away with their inability to make a play behind Garland in the third inning. Five unearned runs. If either of those plays get made, we're out of the inning with nothing allowed.

Garland is going through a rough time right now. His sinker is flat. His breaking ball has left him. He needs his defense to help him out. Today, they let him down, and he couldn't stop the floodgates from opening.

Just another day in the most miserable season since 1989. Only 39 more games to suffer through.

Before todays start, Garland has had an 8.50 ERA over his last 8 starts. He is beyond a bad stretch.

QCIASOXFAN
08-20-2007, 12:22 AM
I wasn't able to watch the game because our local papers lied (John Tucker please chime in :smile:) but I saw the highlights and they were about what I expected. I got noting else. Me and uncle Steve will get a good parking spot and be able to jump good seats when I go to the game in a few weeks.

Frater Perdurabo
08-20-2007, 06:13 AM
Before todays start, Garland has had an 8.50 ERA over his last 8 starts. He is beyond a bad stretch.

Well, Buehrle had a bad second half in 2006. I guess it's Garland's turn? :(:

JB98
08-20-2007, 01:38 PM

He hasn't been bad in all eight of those starts. He's had four that have been horrendous.