PDA

View Full Version : Tribune Breaking News Alert Email

bryPt
08-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Did everyone that is signed up at www.chicagotribune.com (http://www.chicagotribune.com) get the breaking news alert email on the Crazy Z's signing. My wife did, and was pissed off. "that is not breaking news, that is BS." - quote from mrs. brypt.

Where was the MB email. Or the JD email yesterday.

Nope, no bias there. None, nada, zip, zero.

getonbckthr
08-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Tribune doesn't own the Sox they own the Cubs.

Frater Perdurabo
08-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Even Cubs management said that the Tribune is their "house organ."

I'm Trib-registered, but I'd didn't get the e-mail. You know why? Because when I registered for the Tribune web site, I used a very old e-mail address that I just don't use anymore. Moreover, I used fake demographic information just to cause them a tiny bit of economic harm. First, I set my age to very old. Very few advertisers that the Trib (or any other newspaper) solicits are interested in the extremely geriatric. It also skews their overall age demographics. My fake address ensures I don't get any junk mail from businesses to whom the Tribune sells its lists. My fake phone number - a long distance number - ensures that I don't get telemarketing calls from compaines that buy lists from the Tribune. And if they do call this wrong number, it's long distance. My artifical income - which I reported as being in the lowest possible bracket, also hurts their income demographics. In short, every time I log into the Tribune web site, I'm giving them a tiny economic paper cut!
:tongue:

MarySwiss
08-19-2007, 04:16 PM
I just can't wait to see if anybody gets a "Breaking News" e-mail if and when Zambrano gets shellacked today.

chisoxfanatic
08-19-2007, 04:19 PM
when Zambrano gets shellacked today.
Shouldn't that be in deep pink, Mary? :cool:

itsnotrequired
08-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Did everyone that is signed up at www.chicagotribune.com (http://www.chicagotribune.com) get the breaking news alert email on the Crazy Z's signing. My wife did, and was pissed off. "that is not breaking news, that is BS." - quote from mrs. brypt.

Where was the MB email. Or the JD email yesterday.

Nope, no bias there. None, nada, zip, zero.

A 5/91 deal with the biggest FA pitcher is more newsworthy than a 4/56 deal. Is it worthy of a breaking news alert? Probably not. Dye's deal is definitely not newsworthy.

MarySwiss
08-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Shouldn't that be in deep pink, Mary? :cool:

Good point, Heather!

MCHSoxFan
08-19-2007, 06:17 PM
I just can't wait to see if anybody gets a "Breaking News" e-mail if and when Zambrano gets shellacked today.

I hope that truns out NOT to be a teal!!! :tongue:

MarySwiss
08-19-2007, 06:40 PM
I hope that truns out NOT to be a teal!!! :tongue:

Me too! :D:

kjhanson
08-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Even Cubs management said that the Tribune is their "house organ."

I'm Trib-registered, but I'd didn't get the e-mail. You know why? Because when I registered for the Tribune web site, I used a very old e-mail address that I just don't use anymore. Moreover, I used fake demographic information just to cause them a tiny bit of economic harm. First, I set my age to very old. Very few advertisers that the Trib (or any other newspaper) solicits are interested in the extremely geriatric. It also skews their overall age demographics. My fake address ensures I don't get any junk mail from businesses to whom the Tribune sells its lists. My fake phone number - a long distance number - ensures that I don't get telemarketing calls from compaines that buy lists from the Tribune. And if they do call this wrong number, it's long distance. My artifical income - which I reported as being in the lowest possible bracket, also hurts their income demographics. In short, every time I log into the Tribune web site, I'm giving them a tiny economic paper cut!
:tongue:

And you are now my hero. I'm not even joking. The end results may be near negligent, but I like your thinking.