PDA

View Full Version : More pain killers, please!

nsolo
08-19-2007, 12:42 PM
The Sox are in last place, the Flubs in first. The pain in unbearable. I soon will be leaving the house on a heavy duty beer run. Pain killers in a can.

Soon it will football season and I can root for my beloved Wolverines and whoever is playing N.D.

MCHSoxFan
08-19-2007, 12:48 PM
The Sox are in last place, the Flubs in first. The pain in unbearable. I soon will be leaving the house on a heavy duty beer run. Pain killers in a can.

Soon it will football season and I can root for my beloved Wolverines and whoever is playing N.D.

This is year is a very, VERY tough one for us die-hard White Sox fans. I just wait for the off-season to see what KW do and pray that the Sox finish second to last and the Cubs do NOT make it to the postseason.

PLEASE, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!! :(:

munchman33
08-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Last night I was upset when we lost. Then I looked over at my replica World Series ring. It made me smile.

My sister called me this morning to brag about the Cubs beating the Cards. I looked down at my ring. Then I reminded her that she didn't have one. It made me smile.

MarySwiss
08-19-2007, 01:31 PM
This may be mean-spirited--no, it IS mean-spirited!--but I hope Zambrano gets absolutely shelled today.

DumpJerry
08-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Last night I was upset when we lost. Then I looked over at my replica World Series ring. It made me smile.

My sister called me this morning to brag about the Cubs beating the Cards. I looked down at my ring. Then I reminded her that she didn't have one. It made me smile.
Your family needs to do something about that sister of yours.

munchman33
08-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Your family needs to do something about that sister of yours.

The lot of them are flubs fans. I'm the only sane one.

getonbckthr
08-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Its football season as far as I'm concerned.

DumpJerry
08-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Change to another family.

Foulke You
08-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Just curious munchman, if your immediate family are all Cub fans, how did you learn right (Sox) from wrong (Cubs)? My Dad and my Uncle are big reasons why I became such a diehard Sox fan. I can't imagine how difficult it would be growing up in a pro-Cubs household. You definitely deserve the White Sox purple heart.:D:

munchman33
08-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Just curious munchman, if your immediate family are all Cub fans, how did you learn right (Sox) from wrong (Cubs)? My Dad and my Uncle are big reasons why I became such a diehard Sox fan. I can't imagine how difficult it would be growing up in a pro-Cubs household. You definitely deserve the White Sox purple heart.:D:

I grew up on the south side. All my friends were sox fans. I went to sox games. I watched all baseball in my youth; I just made an educated decision, that's all.

My mother grew up on the northside. My sister would only watch baseball with her. My father doesn't like baseball, just drinking, so he's a Cubs fan by default.

Juice16
08-23-2007, 02:28 PM
This may be mean-spirited--no, it IS mean-spirited!--but I hope Zambrano gets absolutely shelled today.

Not mean spirited at all. Zambrano and Jones are the only Cubs I can't stand.

TDog
08-23-2007, 07:12 PM

When I was a kid, spending a couple of years in Texas, football season always was more painful than any baseball season because football for me was institutionalized child abuse. The last thing I'm going to do is waste time watching other people play football.

As painful as this baseball season is, it's really where I came in as a baseball fan in 1969 and 1970, with the Cubs on top and the Sox on the bottom. Ultimately, it will make you stronger. People will resent you when you don't suffer with the inevitable Cubs disappointment. When this season is over, you will appreciate winning more.

Your Schadenfrueude will be a guilty pleasure, and it won't substitute for a winning Sox season. See 2003.

Fortunately, the White Sox of 2007 are much closer to being a very good team than the White Sox of 1970. And as bad as the White Sox were in 1970, the White Sox of 1972 had the third-best record in the majors.

RadioheadRocks
08-23-2007, 08:16 PM

Well he got saddled with the big L today (not to mention giving up a gopher ball to Giants starter Matt Cain!), so this is good!

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!